FA CUP Quarter-Final : Swansea City v Tottenham Hotspur - 17/03/18 @12.15pm

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

In the several cup games against lower league opposition we've already had this season.
the second string need to be match ready all season, not just when we can field them in the early rounds of the cup against lower league teams
and that is the problem with no reserve football for EPL teams, players not in the first 11 never really get any/much match time
Subs now have to be used not just as a tactic change, but also the give different squad players a run out, and that now is stopping young lads from getting first team game time,

With the CL exits this cup has now really become something to win for the 3 Top 6 teams left.

2nd major trophy, QF. Players want to win something. It’s a no brainer.

So I really don’t see any reason not to play our best team available.

With the CL exits this cup has now really become something to win for the 3 Top 6 teams left.

Agree... whilst seeing both Man Utd & Chelsea eliminated this week amused many of us, I couldn't help but think they will ALSO now focus on the FA Cup.
Of ALL the seasons to take it SERIOUSLY ffs!

chelsea and Utd will be wanting the same so makes this even better to win, Swansea will be no push over and will be our strongest test yet. strongest team possible and get job done.

5-2-3 with Toby, jan and Sanchez at the back and son playing up top with Eriksen and Alli/Lamela either side. Bed the formation in before Chelsea away. Why not?

Agree... whilst seeing both Man Utd & Chelsea eliminated this week amused many of us, I couldn't help but think they will ALSO now focus on the FA Cup.
Of ALL the seasons to take it SERIOUSLY ffs!

That was why I would rather have seen Man United go through. Got a few disagrees though for sharing this opinion. ;-)

Fuck Chelsea though. Think Leicester will beat them anyway!

With both Jordan and Andre Ayew out of this match I have a feeling it’s going to be us taking a lot of shots and Tammy Abraham looking incredibly isolated and lonely up top for them.

Big plus if Kane is out and Alderweireld returns to the line up.

I feel we don't need him as things stand.
We haven't got some of the nest players in the Pl but do have a great team spirt. This has seen us through on many a game. Unless Toby commits to the club, he just fills in as necessary from the bench-as with Rose-dont really care. We need to muster that spirit that will get us through this-every player must be committed and wanting to win this-which Im sure they do. You either with the club or not, there is no in-between.

Back
Top Bottom