Easiest premier league start ever?? (For Tottenham)

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Why can't Spurs fans be happy with the start we have had? New Manager, new project and we are 2nd.

Why look for a problem that is not there?
Brentford away first game new manager is tough. Woolwich away is tough as we know. Utd and dippers bogey teams. What part of our start is easy id like to know. Who out of top 6 has played 3 other top 6 teams?

I think He knew what he was doing , he couldn’t handle Bisouma so he went in dirty , I actually think Klopp tells them to do this as look at all the times they have got away with it when we have played them before!

SPORT-PREVIEW-Andy-Robertson-Tackle.jpg
He is dirty and he knows it. There’s YouTube videos where you can see he’s a dirty, dark arts shit-stain merchant and doesn’t care.

The refs should be carding him every game.

Why the quotations for Woolwich’s easy (registered trademark, absofuckinglutely) start?

Their opening six games were:

Palace away
Leicester home
Bournemouth away
Fulham home
Villa home
Man Utd away

Honestly if that was Spurs’ opening fixtures we’d all be talking about Carlsberg.

On paper and statistically this season our start was easier.
But people aren’t seeing it.

Not really all that fucking interested in Woolwich and their start, last season, this season or any season.

I’m concerning myself with Spurs, and if I had to hand pick 7 games for an ‘easy start’ to any season I certainly wouldn’t have picked any games against United, Woolwich and Liverpool in amongst that choice. History tells you that would have been stupid, and wrong.

But you can peddle whatever myths you like, as is your choice.

Not me. Opta. First 5 games extremely easy.

Then yes woolwich away we usually lose. Not saying that was easy.
I’m saying out of 7 teams we have played 5 of them have won 5 games between them and yet playing 30+ games. They are not playing well.
Form table and league table does not lie.

And seriously anybody coming and telling me that playing Liverpool for 25 mins with 11 players, Then 45 minutes with 10 players and then 26 minutes with 9 players is “hard”.
But sorry fuck that. It doesn’t get much better than that from any point of view.

Again stats don’t lie. We dominated them.

Before the game people would have snapped that scenario up in a millisecond.

And then next up Luton Town FC. A team who have somehow managed to get in the premier league.
And according to Opta 20% chance of luton win 55% Spurs.
I’m not making this shit up.

It’s statistically based data.

Unfortunately I’m dealing with morons…….

Not me. Opta. First 5 games extremely easy.

Then yes woolwich away we usually lose. Not saying that was easy.
I’m saying out of 7 teams we have played 5 of them have won 5 games between them and yet playing 30+ games. They are not playing well.
Form table and league table does not lie.

And seriously anybody coming and telling me that playing Liverpool for 25 mins with 11 players, Then 45 minutes with 10 players and then 26 minutes with 9 players is “hard”.
But sorry fuck that. It doesn’t get much better than that from any point of view.

Again stats don’t lie. We dominated them.

Before the game people would have snapped that scenario up in a millisecond.

And then next up Luton Town FC. A team who have somehow managed to get in the premier league.
And according to Opta 20% chance of luton win 55% Spurs.
I’m not making this shit up.

It’s statistically based data.

Unfortunately I’m dealing with morons…….
All great but football games are won and lost on a football pitch with any number of variables, whether that be historical, form led, referee decisions etc.

Football is much more than just data. You simply can’t quantify the psychological side of the game.

If you haven’t beaten a team in three or four attempts at your new house then it stands to reason that, for whatever reason, that isn’t an easy game for you.

All great but football games are won and lost on a football pitch with any number of variables, whether that be historical, form led, referee decisions etc.

Football is much more than just data. You simply can’t quantify the psychological side of the game.

If you haven’t beaten a team in three or four attempts at your new house then it stands to reason that, for whatever reason, that isn’t an easy game for you.

Good point.
Others here were “show me the data” and then shut up when they realised it wasn’t me just making shit up.

Playing 9 Liverpool players is easier than playing 11. That’s a hard fact.

Yesterday on our easy game on paper got a lot harder when we went down to 10 men.

Positive times at the lane anyway. Top 4 very much on the cards now…….??

I think He knew what he was doing , he couldn’t handle Bisouma so he went in dirty , I actually think Klopp tells them to do this as look at all the times they have got away with it when we have played them before!

SPORT-PREVIEW-Andy-Robertson-Tackle.jpg

Jones 100% knew what he was doing.

The ball was rolling on the floor, no reason to go over the ball.

The amateur dramatics after made it clear. He’s an average player but an even more average actor.

And yes, it’s also fully part of the Klopp ball tactics.

After 8 games we would have played the bottom 4, an out of sorts Man Utd, a Brentford team who have won 1 in 7 to date, a Liverpool team who reduced themselves to 9 men at our place and a woolwich team at the emirates who should be title contenders. 2.5 “hard” games out of 8?

(I fully expect we will be unbeaten after the 8 games as luton are pretty poor.)

Given that last season people were saying how easy a start woolwich had and were lucky etc etc Well our start this season has been far easier.

Good for the team and fans anyway. Sure Ange is managing his own expectations.

Momentum can go a very long way in sport and we seem to have it right now anyway.

Can we beat the Conte start to least season which was our best PL start ever? 24+ points from 10 games would be the target.

:ange-pray:
Last season Woolwich were able to gain momentum & confidence due to a fortuitous run of games at the start of the season - and look where they ended up. We've had the same good fortune this season. Now we need to consolidate and build on it.

I think we just might. This afternoon's Scum/Citeh game is important. Hoping for a 0-0, of course.

Last edited:
After 8 games we would have played the bottom 4, an out of sorts Man Utd, a Brentford team who have won 1 in 7 to date, a Liverpool team who reduced themselves to 9 men at our place and a woolwich team at the emirates who should be title contenders. 2.5 “hard” games out of 8?

(I fully expect we will be unbeaten after the 8 games as luton are pretty poor.)
What a silly argument.

I won't even waste another second on this thread. Admin, take action.

Last edited:
Last season Woolwich were able to gain momentum & confidence due to a fortuitous run of games at the start of the season - and look where they ended up. We've had the same good fortune this season. Now we need to consolidate and build on it.

I think we just might. This afternoon's Scum/Citeh game is important. Hoping for a 0-0, of course.

100%. Momentum in sport is important.

Don’t want to hear fucks in this thread complaint about a hard run of fixtures come April / May.

First 8 games played we have played the 4 bottom 4 sides.
Chelsea - who everyone have been laughing at - are above Brentford and close to United with a much better GD.
United have been mid table at best season to date.

We are going to be in a very very strong position after 10 games

Discussing the relative difficulty of our fixtures so far based on red cards makes little sense.......of course the reds made the Liverpool game easier for us and the Luton game harder but it's not as if we're going to play those fixtures again, this time with 11 Vs 11.

The fact is having played Liverpool we've removed one of the harder games from our fixtures.

It's equally silly to base fixture difficulty based on where teams are currently in the league. Does anyone really believe UTD at home is an easier fixture than say Palace at home?

Only 7/8 games have been played and part of the reason the teams we've played are lower in the table is the fact we've beaten most of them.

5/8 games away, 3 top 6 sides played is anything but easy

Discussing the relative difficulty of our fixtures so far based on red cards makes little sense.......of course the reds made the Liverpool game easier for us and the Luton game harder but it's not as if we're going to play those fixtures again, this time with 11 Vs 11.

The fact is having played Liverpool we've removed one of the harder games from our fixtures.

It's equally silly to base fixture difficulty based on where teams are currently in the league. Does anyone really believe UTD at home is an easier fixture than say Palace at home?

Only 7/8 games have been played and part of the reason the teams we've played are lower in the table is the fact we've beaten most of them.

5/8 games away, 3 top 6 sides played is anything but easy

It's also stupid as that league position also depends on what teams, in turn, those clubs have played.....

Last edited:
100%. Momentum in sport is important.

Don’t want to hear fucks in this thread complaint about a hard run of fixtures come April / May.

First 8 games played we have played the 4 bottom 4 sides.
Chelsea - who everyone have been laughing at - are above Brentford and close to United with a much better GD.
United have been mid table at best season to date.

We are going to be in a very very strong position after 10 games
I commented on Woolwich's lucky run of fixtures at the start of last season, suggesting that it would give them momentum - and all I got was clever dicks telling me that everyone has to play everyone else twice (like I didn't know it). They completely didn't get the concept that the ORDER of fixtures is very important.

Back
Top Bottom