Easiest premier league start ever?? (For Tottenham)

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

BernardMatthews

“Wildly offensive and ill informed”
After 8 games we would have played the bottom 4, an out of sorts Man Utd, a Brentford team who have won 1 in 7 to date, a Liverpool team who reduced themselves to 9 men at our place and a woolwich team at the emirates who should be title contenders. 2.5 “hard” games out of 8?

(I fully expect we will be unbeaten after the 8 games as luton are pretty poor.)

Given that last season people were saying how easy a start woolwich had and were lucky etc etc Well our start this season has been far easier.

Good for the team and fans anyway. Sure Ange is managing his own expectations.

Momentum can go a very long way in sport and we seem to have it right now anyway.

Can we beat the Conte start to least season which was our best PL start ever? 24+ points from 10 games would be the target.

:ange-pray:

After 8 games we would have played the bottom 4, an out of sorts Man Utd, a Brentford team who have won 1 in 7 to date, a Liverpool team who reduced themselves to 9 men at our place and a woolwich team at the emirates who should be title contenders. 2.5 “hard” games out of 8?

(I fully expect we will be unbeaten after the 8 games as luton are pretty poor.)

Given that last season people were saying how easy a start woolwich had and were lucky etc etc Well our start this season has been far easier.

Good for the team and fans anyway. Sure Ange is managing his own expectations.

Momentum can go a very long way in sport and we seem to have it right now anyway.

Can we beat the Conte start to least season which was our best PL start ever? 24+ points from 10 games would be the target.

:ange-pray:

If you jinx us, I will wipe my ass with your face!

And I had a dodgy mexican last night.

It hasn't been that easy a start as people like to suggest.

Away vs 9th place
Home vs 3rd
Away vs 15th
Away vs newly promoted
Home vs newly promoted
Away vs 2nd
Home vs 5th

Call the newly promoted sides 19th and 20th, that's an average of 10.4, very close to the average you can expect after 38 games.

Don't let other people convince you United was beating a bottom half club. They finished 3rd on merit and will likely climb up the table, though people will always attempt to play down and devalue our wins.

City lost to Wolves, Woolwich drew with Fulham at home, Liverpool drew with Chelsea.. 17 points from 7 games is a great return even if we played the 14th-20th best teams in the league consecutively, but we didn't and got some good results with some hard fixtures out of the way.

(I would expect the narrative around Liverpool drawing away at Chelsea is somehow more credible than our draw at Brentford like they didn't finish 15 points behind them last season and are only a mere 1 point behind them so far this season)

How is playing United , Liverpool and the gooners away anything like an easy start?
Anyway as Woolwich know , you don’t get fuck all for starting well, it’s how you finish that counts!

I wouldn't say it's an easy start. About average. We've played 3 teams that will probably finish top 6, and 2 of those expected to be top 3. Brentford are a top half team and after Luton we will have played 5 away games and only 3 at home.

I've seen this alluded to a few times and it surprises me, before the start of the season I looked at our fixtures and honestly thought we could quite easily only have a couple of wins by this stage.

Historically it's not uncommon for us to be quite poor on the road, and we've played a lot of away games to start off with. The home games we've faced Liverpool and United already, fixtures we do not do great in.

I'm delighted with the start we've had.

Don't care. It's been entertaining, it's been thrilling and it's been victorious. How often have those ducks been simultaneously lined up in a row this past four years?

How is playing United , Liverpool and the gooners away anything like an easy start?
Anyway as Woolwich know , you don’t get fuck all for starting well, it’s how you finish that counts!
It's also a joke to dismiss the Liverpool match as a "just a game against 9 men."

The way we play now, with the ball, taking chances and creating opportunities... that leads to the opposition fouling us more than before. Putting the pressure on the opposition forces them into mistakes.

This is some impressive trolling...but why waste it on supposedly your own team...unless unless!
Halloween Cartoon GIF by Scooby-Doo

It's also a joke to dismiss the Liverpool match as a "just a game against 9 men."

The way we play now, with the ball, taking chances and creating opportunities... that leads to the opposition fouling us more than before. Putting the pressure on the opposition forces them into mistakes.
Our play reduced them to desperation, and as a result 9.

That's good play.

Not luck.

We've played three of the teams that finished in the top five last season. We opened the season away at a team that only lost to Newcastle and Woolwich at home last season.

We've definitely had easier. I'd even argue last seasons was easier.

As an aside I found out my dog has Australian lineage. Few generations back but I’m taking it anyway.

Award winning all over the place when he moved to Europe.

Has to be a sign.

Back
Top Bottom