Easiest premier league start ever?? (For Tottenham)

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

What about the replays? :sonpoint:

Piece of piss mate...... Roll on May 4th:

star-wars-luke-skywalker.gif

The initial red is unlucky for Jones - he goes to make a legal tackle and it ends up dangerous.
I think He knew what he was doing , he couldn’t handle Bisouma so he went in dirty , I actually think Klopp tells them to do this as look at all the times they have got away with it when we have played them before!

SPORT-PREVIEW-Andy-Robertson-Tackle.jpg

It's amazing how good the last 15 or so games of 21-22 were, and the first 10 of 22-23. Just shows how badly Conte fucked things up in H2 22-23
We didn’t play well in the first 10 of 22-23.

Was a shitshow even tho results were good. On the day he walked, we could have gone 3rd with a win (vs Soton!!) but everyone knew what was coming

Hypocrites the lot of you. But it’s always the way.

Last year woolwich had an “easy start”.

This year playing a 9 man Liverpool is “hard”.

Carry on.
As you were.

We had the 2nd easiest first 5 games and our next 6 are the 2nd easiest. We had Woolwich away and pool at home in the middle. Seems a lot of teams have a difficult run of consecutive games this season. Chelsea, City and Arse do now, Newcastle already had it and us and Utd have it coming later.
Well no shit it’s one of the easiest runs if you just remove 2 of the top teams from it.

Carry on.
As you were.
Not really all that fucking interested in Woolwich and their start, last season, this season or any season.

I’m concerning myself with Spurs, and if I had to hand pick 7 games for an ‘easy start’ to any season I certainly wouldn’t have picked any games against United, Woolwich and Liverpool in amongst that choice. History tells you that would have been stupid, and wrong.

But you can peddle whatever myths you like, as is your choice.

After 8 games we would have played the bottom 4, an out of sorts Man Utd, a Brentford team who have won 1 in 7 to date, a Liverpool team who reduced themselves to 9 men at our place and a woolwich team at the emirates who should be title contenders. 2.5 “hard” games out of 8?

(I fully expect we will be unbeaten after the 8 games as luton are pretty poor.)

Given that last season people were saying how easy a start woolwich had and were lucky etc etc Well our start this season has been far easier.

Good for the team and fans anyway. Sure Ange is managing his own expectations.

Momentum can go a very long way in sport and we seem to have it right now anyway.

Can we beat the Conte start to least season which was our best PL start ever? 24+ points from 10 games would be the target.

:ange-pray:
Fuck you

It's been kind, by tomorrow we would have played 3 of the newly promoted teams already but we still played our hardest fixtures in recent PL history going by stats against Woolwich away and Liverpool, can't really call Utd an 'easy' fixture, we hadn't beaten them at the new stadium before, mixed bag.

Interesting the narrative is that we've had an easy start but everyone ignores City who have had an easier start than us...

Quite possibly the most pointless, inaccurate and frankly bizarre thread I've ever come across on this forum - and that takes some doing on here!

Thread starter is bored, wants to watch the forum burn...this is what happens when you play 1 game a week, nothing to talk about so folk like to create drama

First time beating United at our new ground. First time beating Liverpool at our new ground.

Easy my arse.
Hard games on paper , as the club names are Manutd and Liverpool. Not easy but easier relatively speaking compared to what games against these clubs are usually like instead of ManU the state they are in and 9 men liverpool. But we have also faced arse , so yes, not really an easy start.

Carry on.
As you were.

Why the quotations for Woolwich’s easy (registered trademark, absofuckinglutely) start?

Their opening six games were:

Palace away
Leicester home
Bournemouth away
Fulham home
Villa home
Man Utd away

Honestly if that was Spurs’ opening fixtures we’d all be talking about Carlsberg.

Back
Top Bottom