Easiest premier league start ever?? (For Tottenham)

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

What is this shit?

This is the sort of skewed way of looking at it that I would expect from a gooner.

You could skew it the other way.
* We've played 5 away and only 3 at home.
*We didn't lose at the Emirates which a guaranteed spanking most seasons.
*We beat Liverpool for the first time in what 6 seasons?
* Both Liverpool and Woolwich were bang in form when we played them.

And how exactly is it our problem that Liverpool lose all discipline and get 2 sent off?

There is a long way to go, and there will be more tests ahead but puff your chest out a bit we are top of the league. Enjoy it.

It's laughable really, you can spin any team's fixtures in whatever way you want

It's basically rival fan surface level thinking when they don't want to give credit to another team.

People were doing it on here for Woolwich's good start last season, trying to spin the narrative to cope, what's weird though is that a Spurs fan is so desperate to point this out...

Doesn't work like that. Play worst team in the league 8 times and it's a good chance you'll lose once and draw once just by the different ways the games unfold.
And even by your logic, there is no teams in this league we shouldn't beat then. Let's go on and smash unconvincing City, worst Chelsea in decades and patchy Newcastle too and just win the league.

Easiest? that is not how the PL works teams fight for every point they can get. Plus as a sportsman myself you only can beat what’s in front of you, it is so easy to beat liverpool then go and fall to Lutron but we didn’t and that takes focus and discipline.

Doesn't work like that. Play worst team in the league 8 times and it's a good chance you'll lose once and draw once just by the different ways the games unfold.
And even by your logic, there is no teams in this league we shouldn't beat then. Let's go on and smash unconvincing City, worst Chelsea in decades and patchy Newcastle too and just win the league.
Took Arse 12 attempts to beat City.
Football is a wierd game.

Last edited:
I think we have had played the 4 worst teams in the league, 2 of the best, 1 very solid & then United who are good but out of form. Also you can play teams when they have an injury crisis/out of form or when in form with all key players fit. For example it probably will be better to play chelsea sooner rather than later. Then you get strange teams like Brighton who can be superb or very bad!

BernardMatthews BernardMatthews , here's a new addition to matters...

hzn8ytbye5tb1.jpg

or the reddit post

View: https://old.reddit.com/r/soccer/comments/173x3oz/optaanalyst_how_difficult_are_each_premier/

So, by the measure of remaining game difficulty our first 10 games have been the easiest...and by some distance as no other team's spread is >/=7 pts from the previous club (Arse to Villa 2nd at 5.8).

Interesting way to measure as it takes out the variability of preseason expectations and utilizes actual season performance to gauge.

BernardMatthews BernardMatthews , here's a new addition to matters...

hzn8ytbye5tb1.jpg

or the reddit post

View: https://old.reddit.com/r/soccer/comments/173x3oz/optaanalyst_how_difficult_are_each_premier/

So, by the measure of remaining game difficulty our first 10 games have been the easiest...and by some distance as no other team's spread is >/=7 pts from the previous club (Arse to Villa 2nd at 5.8).

Interesting way to measure as it takes out the variability of preseason expectations and utilizes actual season performance to gauge.

Yeah I saw something like this.
The 5 game version though which had us and Chelsea with the easiest start stat wise.

Our last 10 games look brutal in comparison. See how people talk about them come May.

In meantime it’s better to think I’m just a mental.

............OR one can just respect teams enough in general to deem any succession of good results to be "good form", but sure; ultimately the only form table that matters is the one after 38 games.

Of course in your world bottom can't beat top apparently.

Did I say that? Or are you making shit up to suit your agenda?
I have referred to the point the bottom 6 teams have won hardly any games.
5 wins between them. In approx 40 games. They are more likely to lose than win. A fact.

And statistically speaking if you take the historical results of spurs v the teams that finished top 4 in the premier league the previous season and matched them to the teams that were promoted and the one finished that 17th I would 100% expect you would find more points were won against the latter.

I would also expect if you looked on the match threads here the expectation of 3 points and higher winning margins would be higher against the promoted teams.

But feel free to paint it out as just being my crazy opinion.

A good start breeds confidence, just look at the scum last season when they did actually have a piss easy run of fixtures. There’s a period later in the season when it looks like real hard work so the more points we get early doors the better.

I agree that first part of season is quite friendly for us, and that we will have some wild run in april/may. Thats theory. But in reality:
1. Fixtures were fairly easy only in theory, cause we have very thin squad, half of first eleven never played together before, we have new coach so in fact each game was difficult
2. A lot can change till april, we have transfer window in the meantime so we can strenghen thin areas, team chemistry will be better as well, and our opponents can have deep runs in euro cups so they will have to rotate heavilly in april/may

There is no easy games in the Premier
You are making the same mistake so many in here are making...no one said "easy", that absolutism is not the contention. The actual point in question was relative in nature, one clubs early season fixture difficulty RELATIVE to others...which is EASIER or EASIEST in relative difficulty...neither of which needs to actually be EASY.

Yeah I saw something like this.
The 5 game version though which had us and Chelsea with the easiest start stat wise.

Our last 10 games look brutal in comparison. See how people talk about them come May.

In meantime it’s better to think I’m just a mental.
Yeah, but I'm thinking it's because you tried to engage internet point seeking children in a discussion that could possibly recast their club's early season accomplishments in a harsher but more realistic way. Never gonna go over well even if there is a decent basis for the idea. But I'm glad you did as I'd been thinking similarly...still am.

Did I say that? Or are you making shit up to suit your agenda?
I have referred to the point the bottom 6 teams have won hardly any games.
5 wins between them. In approx 40 games. They are more likely to lose than win. A fact.

And statistically speaking if you take the historical results of spurs v the teams that finished top 4 in the premier league the previous season and matched them to the teams that were promoted and the one finished that 17th I would 100% expect you would find more points were won against the latter.

I would also expect if you looked on the match threads here the expectation of 3 points and higher winning margins would be higher against the promoted teams.

But feel free to paint it out as just being my crazy opinion.

This is incredibly rich considering you spent your prior post telling me what I think and spinning it as "crazy".

Pretty sure you can find a way to take most team’s schedule and say why its easy or tough. Man city for example have only played one team currently ranked in the top 6(Woolwich). Thry havent played man u either whos not currently top 6. So one might say its a cupcake schedule. But maybe they’ve played alot of the tier 2 teams some might consider ‘tough’ just not elite so they wouldn’t consider it easy.

Its a very subjective topic unless it’s something crazy like playing ALL bottom half teams through 8 games. Besides, weve played 2 elites and came out with 4 points so no real point imo to hammer away on this being an easy start. The team has been fantastic to this point and have earned the right to be 1 right now. the only question is do they have enough talent to keep up through 38 games, on that i have my doubts but hoping for the best.

Back
Top Bottom