Dele

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

I find the Alli slating unnecessary but I also think a player who had stats and performances that compared favourably with the best needs to ask himself what has gone on.

It's a fine line between your best players being feted by the half dozen or so bigger clubs and them being off radar.

Right now no top team would look at Alli and we are certainly not seeing anything like the mercurial instinctive talent of 2 or 3 years ago.

Too many of our players last season fell below previous standards, so lets hope the solution is as simple as rest.

I have not read through all of the recent posts in this thread but how many games have both, Dele and Kane, been injury free and on the pitch together? (I also mean to exclude first games back after injury etc)

How does this compare to the previous seasons? Sometimes we look at when a player is injured but do not consider it in the context of the “partnership” being broken up due to an injury to either player. This is not to mention the times of playing a different role due to availability in the wider squad or tactical setup.

Very few mate so let’s reserve judgement until they put together a decent run

To me they’re our future

Scored in the FA Cup semi-final, set-up 2 in the Champion's League semi-final, only played in the first-leg of the League Cup (which we won), key-role in the World Cup semi-final. Dele's had a huge year or so for a player his age...

Scored in the FA Cup semi-final, set-up 2 in the Champion's League semi-final, only played in the first-leg of the League Cup (which we won), key-role in the World Cup semi-final. Dele's had a huge year or so for a player his age...

Been a guaranteed starter whenever he's fit in teams that have played in 7 games deemed as semi finals (2x 2 legged affairs) and the 2nd biggest final a player can play in behind the World Cup. He kid has just turned 23 and people don't see what we have on our hands?

Yes he's had a heavy season, one where people are on his case, one that has had a fair few injuries, no preseason and he's broken up with missus which could have really deeply affected him, who knows how it's been etc.

A full summer to chill out, physically and mentally reflect and come back with the fierce desire we know he has in him and let's see how he matures. I for one am absolutely delighted I get to watch a player like him develop whilst wearing our colours. He needs a break and we as a fanbase need to give him one. When he's on song he's absolute dynamite and he's a kid that's been asked and expected to take a very senior role. Give him time and let's just see how he gets on.

Last edited:

He got the assist in the World Cup semi final too, didn't he? Well, fouled for the free kick which went in.

Not to mention the second goal in the World Cup Quarter Finals too.

This thread comes alive when Dele plays well, which he did second half.

Just don’t get why people have to run away and hide when he’s poor and pretend he isn’t.
It was good to see him played where he should be played.
Poch needs to go back to basics with Dele because I can see him walking if he’s forced into central midfield again

This thread comes alive when Dele plays well, which he did second half.

Just don’t get why people have to run away and hide when he’s poor and pretend he isn’t.
It was good to see him played where he should be played.
Poch needs to go back to basics with Dele because I can see him walking if he’s forced into central midfield again

I'm still shocked that people on here think we can afford to just sell him.
They are living in a complete fantasy land where CL registration doesn't matter.
Do they not believe in preparing for success or something?
We can't even afford to sell Rose or Trippier without completely fucking our CL squad registration.
How on earth could we ever give up on Dele? Total naivety...

I'm still shocked that people on here think we can afford to just sell him.
They are living in a complete fantasy land where CL registration doesn't matter.
Do they not believe in preparing for success or something?
We can't even afford to sell Rose or Trippier without completely fucking our CL squad registration.
How on earth could we ever give up on Dele? Total naivety...
Isn’t give him one more season but my patience has worn thin.

Feels like he’s sulking at being moved deeper and that’s just not unacceptable.
Needs to play up top or not at al IMO, and I certainly wouldn’t care as much if he was sold now than I would have two years ago.

Isn’t give him one more season but my patience has worn thin.

Feels like he’s sulking at being moved deeper and that’s just not unacceptable.
Needs to play up top or not at al IMO, and I certainly wouldn’t care as much if he was sold now than I would have two years ago.

Where have you seen him sulking ?

If anything, I think he knows he hasn’t been good enough and is mad at himself

Im happy with myself.
Try it.....you sound like you have such low self esteem you live your life through Dele Alli. Its actually a little unsettling that you make one post every 6 days and its crying over me critiquing Dele.

Do you love him? Get help you fucking weirdo, and go watch how shit he is playing for England you blind cheerleading little cunt

It’s not just dele..it’s every other player you shit on too. Every single post you make is negative. If anyone’s self esteem is low it must be yours

It’s not just dele..it’s every other player you shit on too. Every single post you make is negative. If anyone’s self esteem is low it must be yours

I criticise players when they play poor and praise them when they play well.....whoever it is.

You come across as shit scared of critique....you sound like a big wet blanket, sitting there biting your nails, with your feet pointing in towards eachother, and one leg furiously bouncing up and down at the knee.
Your seem a bit fragile....its all a bit weird and slimey to be honest when someone takes such a huge level of offense on someone elses behalf.

Someone you dont know and have never met. Get help.

Last edited:
I honestly think this season could be the making of him...

His first few seasons where he's the 'darling' and can do know wrong....
then a season of mixed form (injuries) and the team almost doing the impossible!!

He'll now know what it feels like to come so close... but also that his form is imperative if we're going to improve further... he'll know he can't hide, or be a passenger in one single minute of any game next season, and expect us to clean up around him...
I honestly think he'll put the relative personal disappointments of this season behind him, and really push on.

We do have a genuine future superstar on our hands if he plays it right, and likewise, if we treat him right!

Well this is awkward

He was fucking dreadful today. I hope real where watching
About Kane that one..

Get sissoko and wanyama off that pitch. Drop Eriksen deeper get moura on and get running at them. This has been fucking pathetic
how the fuck is sissoko a premier league footballer?
He can’t even pass the ball 5 yards. It’s absolutely shocking
Every time he gets the ball you can actually feel the nervousness emanating from him. He’s not only awful technically, he’s mentally weak as well.
Trippier is a fucking joke.How can he not see Eriksen
Totally agree on Sanchez. I don’t trust the guy one bit. 45 million was way way to much for him

People cant see past their own noses around here.....”fucking negative cunt slagging off the players”......go take your own medicine you fucking joke

Last edited:

24 (18) Dele Alli
Almost a year since his last England goal and over 18 months since his last England assist in a competitive fixture. We are fast approaching the point where Alli cannot justify an England squad place, especially after that Champions League final performance.

People other than Sammy notice that Dele has been a bit shit SHOCKER!!

:bentley::bentley::bentley::bentley::bentley::bentley::bentley::bentley:

Quick! Someone call the police, TFC are offended

Dele is a talent but he had an up and down season, ie average season. He played very well in some matches, example CL semi and he was invisible in other matches, example CL final. He and Spurs ended up the season with no winners medal and say what you like, this is the bottom line.

Comparing that with Mane or Salad for example, both been consistent all season and ended up with winners medal.

What this says, no Spurs forward player had a consistent season from Son, Kane, Dele, Eriksen or Moura. That's why we won nothing.

Back
Top Bottom