Dele

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

He’s not evolving though anyone can see that if they choose to.
Being better 5 years ago is not evolution
Why the fuck do you even support spurs ? You shit on almost every player we have. Your nothing but a miserable cunt. I feel sorry on your missus if you have one

Why the fuck do you even support spurs ? You shit on almost every player we have. Your nothing but a miserable cunt. I feel sorry on your missus if you have one

Dele has regressed it’s a simple fact.
I support Spurs, just like the people who think Trippier is a cunt support Spurs.

But that’s probably ok with you.
I don’t have favorites. Players either play well or they don’t..when they don’t, I don’t pretend they are world class because they are funny on Twitter.

I thought he was the only forward who had an OK game last night. He didn’t score but he made the right runs and he got into the right places.

I do agree that he has regressed but he has been asked to play deeper on several occasions and had injury issues too.

I’m hoping we stick to keeping him behind Kane for the next few years and let him develop there because that’s where he belongs.

My question is why are you attacking him and not addressing his point? Calling Sammy a 'cunt' doesn't nullify the very real and correct point he is making. All it does if prevent you and others from seeing/admitting the truth. And next season when the same thing happens the same argument will come up as it has for 3 seasons now.

Dele's game as a whole has never been to the level of repute his production garnered. And as a professional it is up to him to improve. Pointing out that he hasn't lived up to his professional responsibility should not be heresy.

I support Spurs, just like the people who think Trippier is a cunt support Spurs.

I don’t have favorites. Players either play well or they don’t..when they don’t, I don’t pretend they are world class because they are funny on Twitter.
Sammy, after that TW-Summer vs Jan shit I didn't think you could talk this much sense. I've even had to take you off ignore.

He's been played out of position pretty much this whole year. We did much better when he was CAM and Eriksen lined up out left at LAM. He's not a deep CM so you are at least correct in that he has underperformed while playing there. We would be making an incredibly stupid move if we ever decided to sell him. Him and Kane are perfect for each other and we need to continue cultivating that relationship going forward.

He's been played out of position pretty much this whole year. We did much better when he was CAM and Eriksen lined up out left at LAM. He's not a deep CM so you are at least correct in that he has underperformed while playing there. We would be making an incredibly stupid move if we ever decided to sell him. Him and Kane are perfect for each other and we need to continue cultivating that relationship going forward.

I have not read through all of the recent posts in this thread but how many games have both, Dele and Kane, been injury free and on the pitch together? (I also mean to exclude first games back after injury etc)

How does this compare to the previous seasons? Sometimes we look at when a player is injured but do not consider it in the context of the “partnership” being broken up due to an injury to either player. This is not to mention the times of playing a different role due to availability in the wider squad or tactical setup.

He definitely needs to sort himself out. My Mrs is friends with a girl who goes out with him a lot so I know he’s been partying hard since the Everton game.

All the supermodel stuff doesn’t bother me - we’d all be doing exactly the same in his shoes but don’t be going out less than ten days before the biggest game in our clubs history. It’s not right.

For all I know it might not make the slightest difference to his game but he needs to sort himself out one way or the other and taking things a little easier certainly wouldn’t hurt

One good season and he’s been living off that since

Leave Dele alone FFS! He's just turned 23, has had no preseason, had what is it 3 hamstring injuries, has a lot of pressure on his shoulders whilst he's still growing as footballer and incase anyone didn't notice he's been playing with a broken hand.

Leave the kid alone and back him. He adds a level of class in what he does that you cannot compare against anyone. He's young, give him time to grow a little instead of acting like that lot down the road

Leave Dele alone FFS! He's just turned 23, has had no preseason, had what is it 3 hamstring injuries, has a lot of pressure on his shoulders whilst he's still growing as footballer and incase anyone didn't notice he's been playing with a broken hand.

Leave the kid alone and back him. He adds a level of class in what he does that you cannot compare against anyone. He's young, give him time to grow a little instead of acting like that lot down the road
crybabycry_2.jpg

One day the excuses for this guy's play will run out.

Spurs supporters finally seeing through the myth that Dele is world class. We need to buy players who contest his guaranteed starting spot. Only then will he grow out of his complacency and his useless heel flicks.

crybabycry_2.jpg

One day the excuses for this guy's play will run out.

One day you'll realise that footballers, especially young ones aren't robots. Give the kid a break, he has the class he just needs to find his way a little bit more. I have every faith in his skills, he just needs a little of that Dele fire back, the kind that will make him a great in the game.

Let's see where he's at come 25-26 years of age. I'm pretty sure he'll be showing a fair few on this forum up given the time he needs to settle down a little but we will see.

I know class when I see it and Dele has it in spades.

Let's see where he's at come 25-26 years of age. I'm pretty sure he'll be showing a fair few on this forum up given the time he needs to settle down a little but we will see.
I take your bigger point and hope you are right. But this point will not prove anyone that says he is playing shit RIGHT NOW, wrong. That is a wrongheaded internet world perspective. The folks that say he has had a shit season are right, right now. What he does in the future does not change the fact that his 2018-19 season was shit (as well as others but I'm not trying to 'win' here just making a point). but you know how this goes, he has a good opening month and folks wanna come on and say "take that Dele haters". No one hates Dele and we all want him to be good for our team. But that shouldn't prevent us from criticizing actual bad performances.

Back
Top Bottom