Dele

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Hopefully a long summer rest will benefit him and many of the players.

Overall he’s been fucking awful this season. Injuries, tiredness, form and a lack of competition for his place have all had an impact.

It was his two assists for Lucas that got us to the final, he’s had massive injury problems this season and like all our team he needs a good rest and a proper pre season.

We know his qualities, it’s sad how quick some people forget.
And it was Lucas, who scored a hat trick who gets dropped, and no one minds that.
But Dele, along with Kane and Eriksen should start every game no matter what, despite fitness or form

And it was Lucas, who scored a hat trick who gets dropped, and no one minds that.
But Dele, along with Kane and Eriksen should start every game no matter what, despite fitness or form

Moura should not have been dropped lsst night but Origi might have felt the same. They are professionals but....

Alli and Kane yesterday,, but even more so Alli and with less excuse did not contribute as we needed.

I am an Alli fan but he needs to find what has gone missing from his game or his best days may already be behind him.

He's been a passenger for a while - couple of good moments sprinkled in here and there but his overall game level has been poor this season.

Bad decision making, loose touches/ passes, too many unnecessary flicks and tricks etc.

Whether he's believing his own hype, trying too hard or just knackered from a WC and a long old season I don't know.

On his day, he's a wonderfully talented footballer and I really hope he can rediscover his form for us next season.

He has qualities, but he is turning into an Alex oxlaide Chamberlain type of player. Flashes of talent but no consistency. What's his best position, needs to get and stay fit. Private life seems all over the place, too busy marketing shit clothes and playing childish video games

No one can say he is a better player now than the first couple of years after he joined us. He has regressed massively

Needs a good old kick up the backside and if he doesn't like it he can go somewhere else.

No one can say he is a better player now than the first couple of years after he joined us. He has regressed massively
Oh trust me they can and do say just that.

Been arguing this for nigh on two years.....September 2017 I was posting videos of his first season and asking where’s that guy has gone. The shit I took for it, yet here we are in June 2019 and nothing’s changed.
He’s probably had about 6 top end games in that time.

Myth of a player.....turning into David Bentley

I think Dele is played out of position to much, with Eriksen playing central he is pushed out wide and he is wasted there.

All is best moments come from when he is central. If Eriksen leaves he might get back to his natural position and kick on.

Yes. That is a major failing of Poch - those 3 start no matter what. No players should be bullet-proof. Dele was the worst of the lot last night - had some opportunities to head, pass, etc, and wasted them.

True that we haven’t sent the Dele from 2017 in a bit.

Think his role has changed a lot since then.

Maybe he’s not the type of player that can switch around.

Find his one role. Shadow striker? And have him stick to it. There’s still a tremendous talent in there.

It was his two assists for Lucas that got us to the final, he’s had massive injury problems this season and like all our team he needs a good rest and a proper pre season.

We know his qualities, it’s sad how quick some people forget.
This must stop. This is why people fail to see what he actually is as a player. You are crediting, and continuing a false narrative, with something that actually did not occur. Granted the stats may credit him because his poor last touch happened to be the one before Lucas took the ball of him but neither of the 'assists' were do to his incision or 'world-classiness'. they were just good fortune.

What Rose said to Poch about Dele's amazing Ajax pass that made him laugh
Mauricio Pochettino has explained just how vehemently Danny Rose made his case that Dele Alli did not mean the clever pass to Lucas Moura which put Tottenham into the Champions League final.

Alli played a no-look pass into the run of the oncoming Brazilian in the dramatic final minutes of the Champions League semi-final second leg at Ajax.

Lucas stroked the ball first-time into the bottom right corner to send Spurs into the final and the Ajax players into despair.

However, Pochettino revealed in a 5Live interview with journalist Guillem Balague that Rose disputes a key part of it all.

"I don't know if the ball was for Lucas, but Danny Rose told me afterwards 'Gaffer, do you think the ball from Dele was for Lucas or for Fernando?'" explained the laughing Spurs boss.

"I said 'I think it was for Lucas'. He said 'No way, it wasn't for Lucas! He wanted to play it for Fernando'. Danny showed me on a screen, he said 'look he didn't see him'. Danny is very clever."

tenor.gif

Time for him to be offloaded.
Who would pay the money that we would demand? I'm pretty sure that outside of the reflexive Dele defenders in here many/most in the league see him for what he is as a player. Couple that with his lack of production, which is really all that supported his inclusion, I fail to see offers flooding in.

Let's hope Poch has some transfer and tactical ideas to address this situation for next season.

He looks knackered and personally I think he lets his personal life interfere with his football too much, always with these Instagram model chicks and playing fortnite, obviously I am making assumptions here but that's how it seems from the outside looking in.

Needs to refocus and concentrate on his football again.

He looks knackered and personally I think he lets his personal life interfere with his football too much, always with these Instagram model chicks and playing fortnite, obviously I am making assumptions here but that's how it seems from the outside looking in.

Needs to refocus and concentrate on his football again.
Kane loves to play computer games as well, maybe even more than Dele, but the difference is that he is a somewhat boring family man, different personalities and all that.

Hopefully a long summer rest will benefit him and many of the players.

Overall he’s been fucking awful this season. Injuries, tiredness, form and a lack of competition for his place have all had an impact.

Hopefully he won’t play in the internationals but Harry probably will although he could also do with a break

Back
Top Bottom