Dele

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

AF, surely I've dispelled any confusion by now. :pochlol: I was half expecting rocket to say he was cunt...then the mixup would seem reasonable.

With a few pleasant exceptions; we're all cunts.... :)

Now is one a good cunt or a bad cunt, that's the real burner..... ?

Personally think we should give him next year to prove himself. He's been poor for 18 months but has struggled with injury and being played out of position to accommodate Eriksen at times and I think the lack of prime Dembele giving him so much space to play with hasn't helped either. If and when Eriksen leaves he needs to play in the shadow striker role again and hopefully if we get Ndombele and Lo Celso he's allowed to do that.

However if he's played on his favoured role and still offers up the lack of effort and shit flick passes that come of 1 in 50 times at best we need to get rid and hope his prior hype gets us a good price.

Jeez, the guy has one less consistent season and people want to sell him. He’s just turned 23 and has scored or assisted more goals than any other midfielder at his age in the premier league era. World Cup and injuries obviously played a big part plus also having to play deeper as well.

I do agree though, now is the time he needs to kick on now.

But he’s doing fine. One “bad” season doesn’t matter at his age, it should be expected.

Jeez, the guy has one less consistent season and people want to sell him. He’s just turned 23 and has scored or assisted more goals than any other midfielder at his age in the premier league era. World Cup and injuries obviously played a big part plus also having to play deeper as well.

I do agree though, now is the time he needs to kick on now.

But he’s doing fine. One “bad” season doesn’t matter at his age, it should be expected.

23 isn’t young, especially when you have 4 years PL experience.
I mentioned it before and it was predictably ignored..
Dele has been top 4 midfielder for his entire PL career, and the only games he’s missed through injury. He’s fit, he plays.
He has played against the best in the PL every season and one of the three first names on the team sheet.
He has played CL football for three straight seasons....he has played against Real, Juve, Barca, Inter, PSV, Dortmund, CSKA, City and Liverpool in massive European games.

He has played a World Cup and has 36 caps.

Please can people drop the age thing, he is a massively experienced player, in fact he has more experience than most others, even some of the older players.

If his age is an issue, it’s not because of the football, it’s because he wants to piss around with fashion and computer games.

I said in 2017 that he runs the risk of not fulfilling his potential due to his application, and I think it’s pretty naive to not fear that this could be just another David Bentley on our hands.

Part of it is on the club....we tamed the beast and lost the player....Dele is a different player when he’s standing on people’s legs and laughing at them. He should have been left alone to learn the hard way with red cards and being dropped.
But instead we tried to force a 29 year old head into a 19 year olds body.

Personally, I think he’s bored.

whats with the Dele hate and Lamela love!..bizarre.

I'd put my money on Dele being a success vs Lamela . He has been played out of position as many have pointed out and it isn't like he has been completely useless even then!

whats with the Dele hate and Lamela love!..bizarre.

I'd put my money on Dele being a success vs Lamela . He has been played out of position as many have pointed out and it isn't like he has been completely useless even then!

Well you say that but whats it based on?
Dele has 5 goals and 3 assists in 2500 minutes of PL and CL football last season
Lamela has 3 goals and 5 assists in 1200 minutes

Can you actually name a game where Dele last had a worldie?

Im going back to Real Madrid at Wembley

Well you say that but whats it based on?
Dele has 5 goals and 3 assists in 2500 minutes of PL and CL football last season
Lamela has 3 goals and 5 assists in 1200 minutes

Can you actually name a game where Dele last had a worldie?

Im going back to Real Madrid at Wembley

Another day another negative post from you. Fuck off away from this forum you negative cunt. That’s all you are.

Another day another negative post from you. Fuck off away from this forum you negative cunt. That’s all you are.

Im happy with myself.
Try it.....you sound like you have such low self esteem you live your life through Dele Alli. Its actually a little unsettling that you make one post every 6 days and its crying over me critiquing Dele.

Do you love him? Get help you fucking weirdo, and go watch how shit he is playing for England you blind cheerleading little cunt

So a lot of fans are ready to sell so and so player because of a bad season then when they have a good season they want them to stay loyal to the club fickle fans I tell you.

I thought he looked alright for England just now to be fair. He isn’t going anywhere and I am very pleased about this. Hopefully he will have a well deserved rest now. Then next season he should be able to play higher up the pitch, then we will see the real Dele again.

Back
Top Bottom