Dele

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

I take your bigger point and hope you are right. But this point will not prove anyone that says he is playing shit RIGHT NOW, wrong. That is a wrongheaded internet world perspective. The folks that say he has had a shit season are right, right now. What he does in the future does not change the fact that his 2018-19 season was shit (as well as others but I'm not trying to 'win' here just making a point). but you know how this goes, he has a good opening month and folks wanna come on and say "take that Dele haters". No one hates Dele and we all want him to be good for our team. But that shouldn't prevent us from criticizing actual bad performances.

He has also had what 3 days of preseason, a break up with his ex, 3 hamstring injuries and is playing with a reported two broken bones in his hand which can't be easy.

Leave him alone, mentally he has gone through a shit load of growth professionally over the last 12-15 months. A World Cup Semi Final and a Champions League final with club and country. He deserves a little slack IMO, people deserve the required time to get to the next levels. He turned 23 barely 6 weeks ago and he deserves more backing than he receives amongst us

If a club came along now and put a huge wad of cash on the table for him it would be hard to turn down....

Although I still have some hope he will improve.

He's had a poor year, what gives you hope he will improve based on his 30 odd games this season?
Blind optimism and not much else.

I think he deserves one more season, although that comes with risks too if his poor run continues that could further bring down his price.

Although as I said if he went tomorrow for a nice sum of money I wouldn't really mind too much whereas with Eriksen I most certainly would.

He's had a poor year, what gives you hope he will improve based on his 30 odd games this season?

3 days preseason after going to the final weekend of the World Cup, being a 22 year old man for most of the season who has barely just turned 23, two broken bones in his hand for the latter stages of the campaign through to the final yesterday, 3 hamstrings keeping him out for 20+ games, a break up with his girlfriend (he's young and it could effect him).

This was one of the toughest campaigns any of our boys will ever go through and guess what, they got all the way to the final & have qualified for another crack at it again next year.

A full preseason and a whole campaign back in N17 next season. Let's see how the lads get on another year older, wiser and more mature. Let's see how they fuel this pain, it could become the making of them.

He’s not evolving though anyone can see that if they choose to.
Being better 5 years ago is not evolution

If you think he's been poor the last 1.5 seasons (You said Autum 17) then why not acknowledge that he was better up until 2 years ago.....? ....All a bit disingenuous, Sammy.

If you think he's been poor the last 1.5 seasons (You said Autum 17) then why not acknowledge that he was better up until 2 years ago.....? ....All a bit disingenuous, Sammy.
What would you say if I said longer but didn't want to stir the pot as folks are just starting to get on the bandwagon? I actually think 1.5 is a bad number because he was horrible in the first half of last year and looked disinterested and the excuses then were contract, new manager, girlfriend then too, etc etc etc. He actually picked up his application in the second half of last season but though it was better than the first half it still wasn't good. The point I'm making is that he was better the second half of last season than the first half.

And the season before the excuses was the Euros etc etc etc. One of these days folks are gonna confront reality but I suspect it will get to the 'Tripps stage' before most jump on board. I wouldn't want to see that happen though just like I wasn't too happy about it happening to Tripps. But if you ask RESPECT THE COCK RESPECT THE COCK I said at the beginning of last season (17-18) and reiterated it around January when Leicester made approaches that we need to get rid of Tripps before folks start hating him because he's not good enough. Now folks wanna drive him to Napoli.

But the first step is acknowledging you have a problem. Kinda like AA.

Here's the thing about Dele...

Super talented, yes. But is he actually any good? He seems to do amazing things only when he doesn't have too much time to think about the situation. He needs to be more than that, IMO.

Here's the thing about Dele...

Super talented, yes. But is he actually any good? He seems to do amazing things only when he doesn't have too much time to think about the situation. He needs to be more than that, IMO.

Really hope Poch moves him forward next season.

Over the last few seasons he has been moved around a bit. Seems like his best position is right behind the striker when we played the 3-4-2-1. Harry, Eriksen and Dele really played well off each other.

Think he need the freedom and space to operate without having to worry about defensive duty too much.

this last season a few of our players played poorly, Dier, Trippier, Dele, Rose (for the first half of the season, is that because they are poor players ? or maybe too much football and no real rest from training or playing ? maybe they thought they hard made it to the top and did not have to keep up that standard ?

Produced the worst performance I have ever seen in a final.

It always baffles me when he's being talked up in the same manner as Eriksen, he has never been and will never be world class or anywhere near that level.

He made a career out of playing next to Harry Kane.

Back
Top Bottom