Danny Rose

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Be interested to see his defenders do the mental gymnastics on this one.

''Oh bless him, he's depressed''.

I repeat now what I said then, depression is not an excuse for bad behaviour.
He thinks he's depressed.

He should be told "Fuck off and find a new club or you are out of the game for 18 months".

No doubt he'll be back in our starting line-up soon enough though.

And we dropped an in form Davies who went some 22 games unbeaten, for this?
Another miracle move.

Defended him as a man, as a footballer he can fuck off from this club.
Go up north Danny and get paid “what you’re worth”.
I hear Barnsley need a LB.
No offense Barnsley, you’re probably doing fine without him.

I was his biggest supporter but you can't go on behaving like this and still be around the first team squad (and the Academy).

Let him train in the afternoons after the rest have left - or send him on loan to Brentford or Stortford. Then wave him goodbye at the end of his contract - or pay him up - it can't have long left.

Maybe giving him an opportunity to get match fit again (which he hasn't been in a while), would get the best out of him, even if it's not quite where he was in 2016-17. Every time I hear "Danny Rose", I hear someone say, he doesn't want to be at the club. I've seen no evidence of that. I know he was looking for suitors in the summer, but that seemed more to do with the fact that Poch didn't like him, ever since he made the comment that he could make more playing at another club (not necessarily that he wanted to play for another club, just that he thought wages at Spurs needed to be increased). Yeah, he was frustrated at his wages, and made a comment about it. That's his bad. He tried to make up for it, but Poch never seemed to be able to forgive him, and his playing time has been mostly sporadic since. He looks like our best option at left-back for the rest of the season, so unless he gets injured, he should get the chance to prove his doubters right or wrong.

Lol.... Shoulda framed this post for you.

Be interested to see his defenders do the mental gymnastics on this one.

''Oh bless him, he's depressed''.

I repeat now what I said then, depression is not an excuse for bad behaviour.
What......? Why isn't it? Lot haters for Little D here. Don't get it probably never will. Rose is ten times the man Eriksen is...

Lol.... Shoulda framed this post for you.
You fucking started without me......
I honestly do think Danny's time is up. His legs have gone and that really saddens me fucking love the little fella. I can totally understand how he rubs people up the wrong but the level of vitriol and bile thrown at him on here by some of the cumstains is bang out of order ( not you son we've always battered fairly and honestly...some of the cockwombles here though....jeez

What......? Why isn't it? Lot haters for Little D here. Don't get it probably never will. Rose is ten times the man Eriksen is...
Because it's not. It's not psychopathy where you don't know the difference between right and wrong.

Having a bout of depression may hinder your judgement but it doesn't make you psychopathic.

How many times has Rose got to fuck up before we stop making excuses for him?

Ian Huntley was in deep depression too. He don't get off the hook because of it.

Danny is a grown up behaving like a child. I don't think with all his interviews and stuff he's ever really shown contrition. It's always someone else.

Because it's not. It's not psychopathy where you don't know the difference between right and wrong.

Having a bout of depression may hinder your judgement but it doesn't make you psychopathic.

How many times has Rose got to fuck up before we stop making excuses for him?

Ian Huntley was in deep depression too. He don't get off the hook because of it.

Danny is a grown up behaving like a child. I don't think with all his interviews and stuff he's ever really shown contrition. It's always someone else.
Did you just put Huntley and Danny in the same fucking sentence you absolute prick. What the fuck does he have to be contrite about. You started by saying depression shouldn't lead to bad behaviour then cited Huntley you can't conceivably call what Huntley did as simply bad behavoir that's crass in the extreme. I don't and won't make excuses for Danny he doesn't make excuses for himself and I very much doubt he'd want other people to. To be fair that post was just stupid you should be ashamed of yourself.

Did you just put Huntley and Danny in the same fucking sentence you absolute prick. What the fuck does he have to be contrite about. You started by saying depression shouldn't lead to bad behaviour then cited Huntley you can't conceivably call what Huntley did as simply bad behavoir that's crass in the extreme. I don't and won't make excuses for Danny he doesn't make excuses for himself and I very much doubt he'd want other people to. To be fair that post was just stupid you should be ashamed of yourself.
It's called using the most extreme example to expose flawed logic. It is a widely used tool in debate and generally gets the response you've given by those that can't assess things without emotion.

I'm not comparing the two but showcasing how depression is not an excuse for behaviour. If it is, as you say, please explain to me where the line is? Because you've used depression as an excuse for one thing but not the other. Where is the line of acceptability to use depression as an excuse for bad behaviour. Arguing with your manager? Drink driving? Fighting with your family? Committing crimes? I'm curious as to where the excuse is acceptable and not.

What does Danny have to be contrite about? Oh, I dunno, playing terribly for 18 months leading to him getting dropped then causing drama with the manager after rightfully getting dropped whilst constantly spouting off in the media?

You know what happened when David Beckham got dropped at Real Madrid and told he'd never play for the 1st team again? He trained with the reserves, worked his tits off and proved the manager wrong without an ounce of petulance.

Danny is not a professional.

It's called using the most extreme example to expose flawed logic. It is a widely used tool in debate and generally gets the response you've given by those that can't assess things without emotion.

I'm not comparing the two but showcasing how depression is not an excuse for behaviour. If it is, as you say, please explain to me where the line is? Because you've used depression as an excuse for one thing but not the other. Where is the line of acceptability to use depression as an excuse for bad behaviour. Arguing with your manager? Drink driving? Fighting with your family? Committing crimes? I'm curious as to where the excuse is acceptable and not.

What does Danny have to be contrite about? Oh, I dunno, playing terribly for 18 months leading to him getting dropped then causing drama with the manager after rightfully getting dropped whilst constantly spouting off in the media?

You know what happened when David Beckham got dropped at Real Madrid and told he'd never play for the 1st team again? He trained with the reserves, worked his tits off and proved the manager wrong without an ounce of petulance.

Danny is not a professional.
Fair enough I think you could have chosen a better comparison though. I'm no expert but I have dealt with my own mental health issues for years now. Putting the Rose thing aside I can only use my own experience when your depressed you really don't care about yourself or your own wellbeing therefore dont care about the consequences of your actions...therefore you are more likely to engage in social unacceptable or even illegal acts. I think that makes sense.
We could be here all day arguing about Rose...I really like the guy. I applaud his outspokeness for me he's a maverick and a top bloke. You disagree that's your prerogative you dont like him fair enough but one thing I think we can both agree on..Danny couldn't give a fuck either way!!

Fair enough I think you could have chosen a better comparison though. I'm no expert but I have dealt with my own mental health issues for years now. Putting the Rose thing aside I can only use my own experience when your depressed you really don't care about yourself or your own wellbeing therefore dont care about the consequences of your actions...therefore you are more likely to engage in social unacceptable or even illegal acts. I think that makes sense.
We could be here all day arguing about Rose...I really like the guy. I applaud his outspokeness for me he's a maverick and a top bloke. You disagree that's your prerogative you dont like him fair enough but one thing I think we can both agree on..Danny couldn't give a fuck either way!!
I like Danny. He has flaws and he has positives.

I just think he's behaved like an utter prick for a while now and his depression isn't an excuse.

You can't just draw for that line every time you do something silly.

Sorry about your issues. I understand the emotive reaction a little more now.

What Danny doesn't seem to understand is that he is in terrible form, he hasn't had one good game this season. He probably hasn't had a decent game since 2018. You can't put in such bad performances and then get upset when you are not selected.

Rose has nothing to be upset about besides his own form. He is paid a lot of money and we will let him go if someone wants to buy him. But nobody does. So get your head down and do your work. He's long enough in the game to see through the old "he had a small injury" line from a manager who doesn't want to criticise a player in public.

I like Danny. He has flaws and he has positives.

I just think he's behaved like an utter prick for a while now and his depression isn't an excuse.

You can't just draw for that line every time you do something silly.

Sorry about your issues. I understand the emotive reaction a little more now.
All good Spursdem, all good. I agree too many people use mental health issues as an excuse which in turn negates those with genuine problems. I don't think Danny will be with long now anyway but I will miss him
PS still think Davies is shite😎😎

Tbf he's known on here for mocking cancer survivors and urging posters to commit suicide - naught is beneath him, I'm afraid

Back
Top Bottom