Danny Rose

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

It's the further thing from the truth - you're embarrassing yourself right now, hopefully through sheer ignorance
Ok, I'll play.

If someone was suffering a bout of depression and argued with their family due to a change in behaviour whilst drinking and ran off in their car, is the fact they were suffering a bout of depression an excuse for drink driving? Do you believe the police would drop said charges if the perpetrator said they were depressed?

What other bad behaviours are deemed acceptable whilst in the midst of depression? Murder? Assault? Abuse? Posting on TFC?

Ok, I'll play.

If someone was suffering a bout of depression and argued with their family due to a change in behaviour whilst drinking and ran off in their car, is the fact they were suffering a bout of depression an excuse for drink driving? Do you believe the police would drop said charges if the perpetrator said they were depressed?

What other bad behaviours are deemed acceptable whilst in the midst of depression? Murder? Assault? Abuse? Posting on TFC?
No one is talking about bad behavior specifially - stop polarizing. Not to mention mental illness stands up in court

You made a categorical statement that depression is not an excuse for one's behavour which is fundamentally wrong. Then compared Rose to a convincted serial killer and a nonce. There really isn't much to debate .

No one is talking about bad behavior specifially - stop polarizing. Not to mention mental illness stands up in court

You made a categorical statement that depression is not an excuse for one's behavour which is fundamentally wrong. Then compared Rose to a convincted serial killer and a nonce. There really isn't much to debate .
Everything you've just said is a lie.

Depression is not an excuse for bad behaviour.

Mental illness does indeed stand up in court but it doesn't get you off.

Can you name me any famous cases of a criminal being acquitted due to depression? Specifically depression.

Everything you've just said is a lie.

Depression is not an excuse for bad behaviour.

Mental illness does indeed stand up in court but it doesn't get you off.

Can you name me any famous cases of a criminal being acquitted due to depression? Specifically depression.
Why are you now talking about criminal cases - this is a football forum

You statement was false and laughable - accept it, move on and stop lying for once

Why are you now talking about criminal cases - this is a football forum

You statement was false and laughable - accept it, move on and stop lying for once
Because you said depression is used as an excuse in a court of law to diminish responsibility.

I'm asking you to name those cases. I'll keep asking until you run away or present them.

Why am I talking about criminal cases? Errr...because you brought it up?

Not to mention mental illness stands up in court

Because you said depression is used as an excuse in a court of law to diminish responsibility.

I'm asking you to name those cases.

Why am I talking about criminal cases? Errr...because you brought it up?
No I didn't - you made all those assertions to try and deflect as usual

I simply pulled you up on claiming depression is not an excuse for behaviour which is an embarrassingly stupid thing to say even for you - then you went off one some Mindhunter tangent

Ok, I'll play.

Wife suffers terrible spousal abuse for years in turn making her depressed and mentally unwell she finally snaps and murders the piece of shit. She is arrested rightly so but do you believe for 1 second that the years of abuse had made her depressed causing a breakdown and consequently an act of violence would not be taking into consideration by the police and courts etc...and hopefully the help she needs rather than thrown straight to chokey.....

No I didn't - you made all those assertions to try and deflect as usual

I simply pulled you up on claiming depression is not an excuse for behaviour which is an embarrassingly stupid thing to say even for you - then you went off one some Mindhunter tangent
So depression is an excuse for bad behaviour?

What behaviour? Murder?

Wife suffers terrible spousal abuse for years in turn making her depressed and mentally unwell she finally snaps and murders the piece of shit. She is arrested rightly so but do you believe for 1 second that the years of abuse had made her depressed causing a breakdown and consequently an act of violence would not be taking into consideration by the police and courts etc...and hopefully the help she needs rather than thrown straight to chokey.....
That example is way deeper than a case of depression. There's about 7 different things at play there.

Self defence first and foremost. Which actually is an excuse for certain behaviour as it goes.

Could you provide a response to my example now?

So depression is an excuse for bad behaviour?

What behaviour? Murder?
What are you one about - this is the post you made - no one here is talking about murder. Rose hasn't murdered anyone

'depression is not an excuse for behaviour'

Then you back-tracked and sad it 'MAY' be an excuse for behaviour

So which one is it?

What are you one about - this is the post you made - no one here is talking about murder. Rose hasn't murdered anyone

'depression is not an excuse for behaviour'

Then you back-tracked and sad it 'MAY' be an excuse for behaviour

So which one is it?
I haven't backtracked once.

You have also misquoted me.

Depression is not an excuse for BAD behaviour.

Rose may not have murdered someone, but you are saying his depression is a justifiable excuse for his behaviour. I'm asking you if you apply said logic to everyone and everything. Like murder.

Or is there a line when depression is no longer acceptable for bad behaviour? If so, what is the line?

Back
Top Bottom