Danny Rose

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Surprised he started yesterday as thought whilst he was back training he was not fit enough to start. At least unlike Ndombele he played and whilst poor gets a pass for first match back against League Champions elect. Not sure why he started ahead of Jan but maybe he is being saved for the other matches this week. However his recent performances have been poor and he does not get a pass for those.

Which is an effort when you consider Eriksen “graced” the pitch for the same period.

Don't understand why Rose is seemingly immune from critique, both want to leave and one has been far more vocal than the other...on Saturday Rose wasted far more of the ball, hardly made a challenge and was hauled off too, but Eriksen was the one that got pelters.

There really seems to be (Danny) Rose-tinted spectacles around a lot of the fanbase for a while now.

Don't understand why Rose is seemingly immune from critique, both want to leave and one has been far more vocal than the other...on Saturday Rose wasted far more of the ball, hardly made a challenge and was hauled off too, but Eriksen was the one that got pelters.

There really seems to be (Danny) Rose-tinted spectacles around a lot of the fanbase for a while now.
He's a nut job but he's our nut job. Eriksen not so much.

The only saving grace re Danny is that he does run his socks off, but unfortunately he is pretty poor these days. Another one of our players who has come to the end of the road of his career with us, time waits for no man.

No pass from me, but he plays hard all the time. I get irate when I see a lack of effort.

If a player isn’t good enough (anymore) the criticism should be of management for either playing him or not replacing him, not the player.

Getting mad at a player that isn’t good enough is like getting mad at a kid with Down’s syndrome for not being able to do differential equations.

Yep I'm one but hand on heart he's done. Want to clear one thing up though or a couple of things. Firstly Danny has never said he wanted to leave Spurs Levy told him when his contract is up he won't be offered a new one
Danny took it on the chin trains hard and waits for game time ( he was dreadful Saturday, but he had been out for a long time). He runs his mouth occasionally but anyone who knows me on here knows that's one of the things I like about him. CE told Spurs he will not sign a new contract...massive difference and you could tell in his demeanour he literally had no fucks to give strolling around doing fuck all. I will be truly gutted when Danny leaves..Ericsson....Meh !!!

I think that's easily explained simply by expectations. At his best Eriksen is near World Class, a match winner. At his best Rose is a fairly quick fullback, who can't cross, but can get up and down the pitch pretty well.

So it's more disappointing to see Eriksen performing at the current level than Rose. That said, I'd personally say he's handled himself with a great deal more dignity than Rose, and ultimately people are more butt hurt over his leaving purely because he has been so good for us over the years.

Yep I'm one but hand on heart he's done. Want to clear one thing up though or a couple of things. Firstly Danny has never said he wanted to leave Spurs Levy told him when his contract is up he won't be offered a new one
Danny took it on the chin trains hard and waits for game time ( he was dreadful Saturday, but he had been out for a long time). He runs his mouth occasionally but anyone who knows me on here knows that's one of the things I like about him. CE told Spurs he will not sign a new contract...massive difference and you could tell in his demeanour he literally had no fucks to give strolling around doing fuck all. I will be truly gutted when Danny leaves..Ericsson....Meh !!!
Interesting!

I think that's easily explained simply by expectations. At his best Eriksen is near World Class, a match winner. At his best Rose is a fairly quick fullback, who can't cross, but can get up and down the pitch pretty well.

So it's more disappointing to see Eriksen performing at the current level than Rose. That said, I'd personally say he's handled himself with a great deal more dignity than Rose, and ultimately people are more butt hurt over his leaving purely because he has been so good for us over the years.
Thats doing Rose a disservice because at his best he was one of the best fb's around-although that time was short he was a brilliant player for a few years. He doesn't seem to have it any more sadly but as others have mentioned he still tries, trains hard and always runs himself into the ground, Eriksen on the other hand has been shocking for a long long time now without the effort. Shirks out of 50/50s and doesnt put in the required effort on the pitch because he wants away-Eriksen doesn't have the balls to be a winner in all honesty and I will be glad to see him gone now.
We need to improve on Rose as well but I will def be more sorry to see him go.

The only saving grace re Danny is that he does run his socks off, but unfortunately he is pretty poor these days. Another one of our players who has come to the end of the road of his career with us, time waits for no man.

Maybe giving him an opportunity to get match fit again (which he hasn't been in a while), would get the best out of him, even if it's not quite where he was in 2016-17. Every time I hear "Danny Rose", I hear someone say, he doesn't want to be at the club. I've seen no evidence of that. I know he was looking for suitors in the summer, but that seemed more to do with the fact that Poch didn't like him, ever since he made the comment that he could make more playing at another club (not necessarily that he wanted to play for another club, just that he thought wages at Spurs needed to be increased). Yeah, he was frustrated at his wages, and made a comment about it. That's his bad. He tried to make up for it, but Poch never seemed to be able to forgive him, and his playing time has been mostly sporadic since. He looks like our best option at left-back for the rest of the season, so unless he gets injured, he should get the chance to prove his doubters right or wrong.

Back
Top Bottom