Danny Rose

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Danny has always been free spoken. But I think that since his bout with depression he has chosen to not hold back with how he feels. Better to get it out there and everyone knows than holding it in and feeling like shit I guess.
I think he's gonna make a great tv pundit one day...
He clearly has no intention on staying in the 'footballing' side of Football once he retires, and I assume he means management as well (especially when you consider how frustrating he'd find life as a Black manager in English football)

But he's erudite, well spoken, and has his own opinions... and, of course can sympathise with the pressures (both mental and physical demands) on modern-day footballers...

I think he'll make a great career in punditry... and let's face it, we need a bit more Pro-SPURS angles in the media!

Last edited:
He surprised me

I was expecting some thick hobby twat for some reason but I quite took to him
He's seems extremely likable and "normal". Maybe that's the problem, we want footballers to be more like us and not big headed twats like Abameyang. Rose is more like us than the average footballer but the problem is we are flawed as is he, and it's a hard pill to swallow seeing a personality flawed footballer.

Think it's about time Kane took the captaincy.

Love Hugo and hopefully he can go out as CL winning skipper but Harry's the one for the future.
I think Hugo will be ceremonial Captain for as long as he's in the team, it would be too galling to remove it from him. But Harry is by many accounts already the genuine on-pitch leader. Even Rose let that slip tonight- great interview I thought.

Last edited:
Obviously we can only sell a player if other clubs want to buy them. If good offers come in for Rose then we should accept them and let him go, we need to generate money for new signings and if we can get £20m for him I think that will be of more use to us than keeping him for another season. Last summer it was our plan to sell him but for whatever reason it didn't happen.
This. This is what I'm so beyond tired of in modern football and this forum.

Danny Rose has made important contributions to getting this club to the doorstep of the most glorious accomplishment in over 50 years. And yet, we need to generate money for new players so if we get a "good offer" we should sell him. Why? Why would we sell the player who has been our most impactful LB (and seems the most like, and therefore best to learn from, for the player many *want* to be our next in Sessegnon)?

Can we improve on Rose for £20M? Like fuck we can. So why on Earth would we consider selling him for £20M?

That's the club we used to be...constantly churning the squad looking for missing ingredients. We're in the fucking CL final...we need to supplement and improve the squad. New players, despite what most here seem to believe, are not better simply because they're new.

Can’t imagine Harry losing it but there you are

The thing is I can. The public perception of Kane has been really clouded by the character of him on Athletico Mince (not complaining, I find it very funny) and some less-nice perceptions of him from rival fans that he's stupid, or a "mouth-breather", as they say. It reminds me of the abuse Beckham used to get. Both very intelligent and extremely talented footballers who get the piss taken out of them because they don't conform to the English football hardman stereotype. Oh well. Who cares while he's doing so well for us?

As for Danny, I like him a lot. His personality is so unusual for a top division footballer and it's very refreshing to hear someone like that talk about the sport.

I think he's gonna make a great tv pundit one day...
He clearly has no intention on staying in the 'footballing' side of Football once he retires, and I assume he means management as well (especially when you consider how frustrating he'd find life as a Black manager in English football)

But he's erudite, well spoken, and has his own opinions... and, of course can sympathise with the pressures (both mental and physical demands) on modern-day footballers...

I think he'll make a great career in punditry... and let's face it, we need a bit more Pro-SPURS angles in the media!
I wouldn't be so sure that he will be pro spurs tbh

Back
Top Bottom