Danny Rose

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Maybe he wants to go. He has talked before about wanting to go back up north to be closed to family and friends. He might be one of those players that Poch said came to him last summer saying they wanted to move.

As we know now Danny is a fragile character and tbh he has done his time at Spurs, over 10 years so it's he what's to go he should be able to. For a reasonable fee of course:levystare:

You might be right mate and certainly not digging you out but I’m uncomfortable talking about any transfers prior to the final

Let’s win it and make history before we do that

Danny played his part in getting us there

That’s whats gotten this squad as far as it has this season. Give him another year

Nah, then we’ll end up like United with Young, Smalling and Jones. We have reached the end of the cycle with this squad, it’s time to cut some of them loose and refresh.

Rose has shown a lot of guts this season but I think back to that goal that Southampton scored against us, where Danny literally let the ball go through his legs on purpose. He’s past his best and we can’t carry players like that anymore. Not if we want to win the league. We have to be so ruthless, that’s why Poch already warned us how painful the summer rebuild is going to be. The “Dembele” era is over. Now we need to build a new team that has a proper balance and the youthful energy that took us into the top 3 to begin with.

Nah, then we’ll end up like United with Young, Smalling and Jones. We have reached the end of the cycle with this squad, it’s time to cut some of them loose and refresh.

Rose has shown a lot of guts this season but I think back to that goal that Southampton scored against us, where Danny literally let the ball go through his legs on purpose. He’s past his best and we can’t carry players like that anymore. Not if we want to win the league.
Feel more comfortable with Davies? Is LB even a priority this summer?

Danny is injury prone, nearing 30 and unlikely to be given a new contract. If we get good offers for him then it’s logical to sell him.

He’s played with a lot of heart this season but if we are honest, not much quality. I also think he personally thinks it’s time to move on.
Can't disagree with any of that, but he plays well enough for me to say introduce a top quality replacement but keep Danny. He would make an excellent sub for the last 25 minutes of a game and if the new boy doesn't work out or gets injured, Danny's good enough to fill the gap. It can be a gentle transition.

Can't disagree with any of that, but he plays well enough for me to say introduce a top quality replacement but keep Danny. He would make an excellent sub for the last 25 minutes of a game and if the new boy doesn't work out or gets injured, Danny's good enough to fill the gap. It can be a gentle transition.

I don’t have a problem with him staying staying but my feeling is that Danny is ready to leave. He’s talked so openly about it before and even now he is talking about approaches from other clubs last summer, I think it’s the right time for him to go if we get a good offer.

We have to be ruthless with our whole squad this summer, many players are now in decline and tough decisions need to be made. I look at United with Ashley Young still being wheeled out and playing terribly and we can’t let that happen to us. Nobody can deny that Rose is past his best even if he still plays with his heart on his sleeve.

Ben Davies is a very good player who can also operate as a CB and if we bring Ryan Sessegnon who can play in attack and defence then I don’t see a clear role for Danny in the squad. He’s not that versatile and he has never been happy as a reserve player.

I don’t have a problem with him staying staying but my feeling is that Danny is ready to leave. He’s talked so openly about it before and even now he is talking about approaches from other clubs last summer, I think it’s the right time for him to go if we get a good offer.

We have to be ruthless with our whole squad this summer, many players are now in decline and tough decisions need to be made. I look at United with Ashley Young still being wheeled out and playing terribly and we can’t let that happen to us. Nobody can deny that Rose is past his best even if he still plays with his heart on his sleeve.

Ben Davies is a very good player who can also operate as a CB and if we bring Ryan Sessegnon who can play in attack and defence then I don’t see a clear role for Danny in the squad. He’s not that versatile and he has never been happy as a reserve player.
"I think it's the right time for him to go if we get a good offer", followed by, "We have to be ruthless with our whole squad this summer". Make up your mind! Ruthless or judicious?
I wasn't going to criticise Davies, but as you've mentioned him, I see him as a bit average. He works very hard, but so does Rose. Rose can get you free kicks in good places and seems to be regaining a little of the sparkle he had two years ago. Davies is a solid, dependable type, but no more than that. With all his weaknesses of late, Rose would be in my team ahead of Davies.

"I think it's the right time for him to go if we get a good offer", followed by, "We have to be ruthless with our whole squad this summer". Make up your mind! Ruthless or judicious?

Obviously we can only sell a player if other clubs want to buy them. If good offers come in for Rose then we should accept them and let him go, we need to generate money for new signings and if we can get £20m for him I think that will be of more use to us than keeping him for another season. Last summer it was our plan to sell him but for whatever reason it didn't happen.

mirror-5-768x977.jpg

For shame
I'd be disappointed to see him go this summer just as he seems to be regaining some of his better form at the end of the season. He also demonstrated an on field desire in both Ajax games that seemed sorely lacking elsewhere at the time.
Whilst we need to look to the future and would love to see a new young prospect either from the youth set up or bought being introduced. Its unlikely any new player would hit the ground running and with the demanding nature of playing as a modern full back, having his experience and leadership around could be vital.

Danny is injury prone, nearing 30 and unlikely to be given a new contract. If we get good offers for him then it’s logical to sell him.

He’s played with a lot of heart this season but if we are honest, not much quality. I also think he personally thinks it’s time to move on.

No idea what you're on about! Rose has been one of our best and most consistent players this season (and certainly since Christmas). I see no evidence of him being more 'injury prone' than anyone else.

Vertonghen is nearing 32. Would you consider selling him?

If we get a stupid bid, then Ok. But he's got 2 or 3 seasons left in him (if he wants it - a key question in Rose's case)

Back
Top Bottom