Danny Rose

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

United

I bet they didn't quite ask as he says though, and I'm not sure why people are outraged that a club (or any employer) would be nervous about employing someone who has been diagnosed with a mental illness.

I bet it was a European club where the word 'crazy' doesn't carry the meaning and implications it does over here.

The Dutch describe everything as crazy!

He seems quite keen to leave.
Agreed, but is he the type of person who expresses negative thoughts (including giving the impression that he wants out) wherever he is? I think it's just who he is. As a team member he always puts in a good shift on the pitch, whether he's fully on his game or not. Plus, he's got the talent to be there. I'd say keep him until you're certain you can improve on him.

Agreed, but is he the type of person who expresses negative thoughts (including giving the impression that he wants out) wherever he is? I think it's just who he is. As a team member he always puts in a good shift on the pitch, whether he's fully on his game or not. Plus, he's got the talent to be there. I'd say keep him until you're certain you can improve on him.
Danny has always been free spoken. But I think that since his bout with depression he has chosen to not hold back with how he feels. Better to get it out there and everyone knows than holding it in and feeling like shit I guess.

Virtually weekly interviews talking about it
Where has he been saying that? All I’ve seen him say is this:

“I keep seeing my name that I’m being sold, so if that’s the case and it’s going to be my last game for Tottenham against Liverpool, I’m hoping to go out with a bang and lift a trophy,”

That’s hardly a ringing endorsement for leaving. Shame is that he has finally reached his levels of intensity from 2 seasons ago and his form is close as well... makes him marketable I guess.

Where has he been saying that? All I’ve seen him say is this:

“I keep seeing my name that I’m being sold, so if that’s the case and it’s going to be my last game for Tottenham against Liverpool, I’m hoping to go out with a bang and lift a trophy,”

That’s hardly a ringing endorsement for leaving. Shame is that he has finally reached his levels of intensity from 2 seasons ago and his form is close as well... makes him marketable I guess.

Last Wednesday "I keep on seeing I am being sold"

This Wednesday "a team asked to meet me about a transfer last summer"

Last Wednesday "I keep on seeing I am being sold"

This Wednesday "a team asked to meet me about a transfer last summer"
How is that him saying he is looking for a move? We all knew he was for sale last summer and that he was unhappy. Circumstances change, especially for Danny, who has had a pretty horrific couple of years in his own head.

I’m not particularly fussed as long as we replace but I don’t see your argument at all mate.

How is that him saying he is looking for a move? We all knew he was for sale last summer and that he was unhappy. Circumstances change, especially for Danny, who has had a pretty horrific couple of years in his own head.

I’m not particularly fussed as long as we replace but I don’t see your argument at all mate.

He's the only one who is talking about a transfer!

And two weeks before a Champions League final.........why can't he just keep out of the press before this game?

United

I bet they didn't quite ask as he says though, and I'm not sure why people are outraged that a club (or any employer) would be nervous about employing someone who has been diagnosed with a mental illness.
Yeah, you can see the wondering if it was a something pathological or just anxiety symptoms. I actually think calling it 'crazy' helps make that distinction, but it's crass all the same. Going through anxiety/depression is tough and going through it in the public eye must be a nightmare.

Side note: I don't expect much from these people. Bit of casual racism and misogyny is probably all part of the Board's preamble.

I’d day that Danny has played probably his most emotionally intense season this year but the actual quality he showed was not great. He cost us many goals and his contribution in the final third was minimal.

It’s hard to see him reaching the heights of 16/17 again. He was being linked with City and Chelsea 2 years ago, are they going to be after him again? I don’t think so.

I’d day that Danny has played probably his most emotionally intense season this year but the actual quality he showed was not great. He cost us many goals and his contribution in the final third was minimal.

It’s hard to see him reaching the heights of 16/17 again. He was being linked with City and Chelsea 2 years ago, are they going to be after him again? I don’t think so.
...but I bet he gives us everything and more on the 1st June. That's just how he is.

OK, we disagree.

He's been through a tough 18 months (some of it self inflicted).

His role in the team is as a member of the defence and therefore he's judged on his ability to stop goals and break up left side-attacks. If he provides attacking options then this is a bonus - but it's not his primary function.

I don't recall him 'costing us many goals' or that his contribution in the final third being 'minimal'

In this tough spell with injuries I've always regarding him as one of our solid players that we can rely upon for a performance. And since Christmas he's not let anyone down.

Chelsea and City are not after him because he's two years older and has had a difficult time with injuries and other factors.

Only 28 , I hope he has a good 2/3 years left with us.

Danny Rose Being Interviewed live on talksport
giphy.gif

Back
Top Bottom