Danny Rose

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Danny Rose to Man City story penned by Neil Moxley: no source given, no quotes, entirely speculative but the "story" has been picked up by every media outlet and clickbait site. Should the player or club respond? I know they can't respond to every rumour but in a quiet week with the internationals going on maybe they should.

Man City confident of landing Danny Rose with Luke Shaw set to head to Spurs

Will be upto Rose as much as the club.

He is as important as Alderweireld but Davies is not the worst replacement and a fit and firing Shaw an interesting option.

I hope Rose stays but he may need a new contract.

Leaving would just be about money because we are two years from being in a position to compete with nearly all teams, whether that be increased revenue or a takeover in my opinion.

Will be upto Rose as much as the club.

He is as important as Alderweireld but Davies is not the worst replacement and a fit and firing Shaw an interesting option.

I hope Rose stays but he may need a new contract.

Leaving would just be about money because we are two years from being in a position to compete with nearly all teams, whether that be increased revenue or a takeover in my opinion.
Certainly up to Rose in the main and he's just signed a new contract - six months ago (?) but what does that mean these days? I don't think Poch would force a player to stay against his wishes - he demands 100% commitment.

Certainly up to Rose in the main and he's just signed a new contract - six months ago (?) but what does that mean these days? I don't think Poch would force a player to stay against his wishes - he demands 100% commitment.

Yep agreed.

We are in a good position as with most of our top players but equally we don't want to get close to finishing the puzzle only to have to start all over again.

Rose is excellent and has got better each year. Can he get even better or do we say if a team wants to bid 40 million quid for him (and he wants to go) that we turn round and do a deal because we can reinvest wisely?

Guardiola to me is like a spoilt child in a sweet shop and he knows the demands at City and England mean instant success, so he will have a shopping list and Rose might top it in terms of left backs.

He should stay but if he goes we are in a position to exact maximum return.

Danny is the least likely of our stars to leave the club in my opinion. Never made a single inkling that he will leave since he broke into the first team permanently. Others say they are happy at the club "at the moment". Danny had expressed a desire to retire with is.

Also Luke Shaw is not on the same level as Danny, not even close! If he's the next best option, then we must hold on to Danny. Unbelievable left back our Danny.. "Our Danny"

Back
Top Bottom