Danny Rose

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

give it a rest, you just sound silly each and every time!!! Did you go last night? We had 10 men... and no decisions! But!!! We lost because we did not bury our many chances.

Take a day off.. you are not Spurs

Unfortunately I had to sell my ticket, so no I didn't go. Will be going on Sunday though. How about you?

So you won't be posting in the match thread?

:pochwtf:

Sadly not, how will this forum survive? I noticed the struggle whilst I was away.

Hopefully the fat idiot sitting in front of me isn't annoyed by my play by play commentary as the game goes on in front of us.

Counting down those days until we get our beloved Rose back...

tumblr_o0y7ll04xF1thasdlo2_400.gif

A year ago the 2 FB's were rotated frequently and most were happy that Davies was an adequate deputy. Now many are saying he is not. Davies has not got worse but Rose has made such an improvement that Davies now looks poor in comparison. This is whether we play a 3 or 4. Perhaps we should just be happy that Rose is now a really class act rather than want Davies replaced. Any replacement is going to have to be very good to get a first team place or like Davies play only a handful of games. Will a better player be prepared to do that?

A year ago the 2 FB's were rotated frequently and most were happy that Davies was an adequate deputy. Now many are saying he is not. Davies has not got worse but Rose has made such an improvement that Davies now looks poor in comparison. This is whether we play a 3 or 4. Perhaps we should just be happy that Rose is now a really class act rather than want Davies replaced. Any replacement is going to have to be very good to get a first team place or like Davies play only a handful of games. Will a better player be prepared to do that?

The difference is last year we played with a back 4 and so we needed a balanced Left Back.

This year we mainly play with a back 3, meaning Davies had to play Left Wing Back, a role he is utterly unsuited to in every aspect. He is not technically gifted enough to get out of tight spaces, he does not have the pace to get up and down quickly, he does not have the crossing/shooting ability to cause issues and he doesn't have an attack-based mind set.

Davies does not look worse because Rose has got better (Although I agree Rose has), but because he's not suited to that role. In a back 4 Davies is still solid, in a back 3 even more so, but as a left wing back he's below average.

I think there's many potential left wing backs we could buy who would be superior to Davies, not the least of which some youth prospects. I think Davies will leave this summer.

In the short vid above that one he says that Poch tries to get involved in training but as he's put on weight this season, he's finding it difficult!

No ice cream for Danny tonight.

The only problem I have with Davies is his reluctance to get forward. Probably because he cannot get up and down as much as Rose. We miss that more than anything.
He's never going to be as physical as Rose, we will always miss that.
We are very unbalanced without Rose.
Davies will get targeted again tomorrow, by Lookman and Davies, as he was at Liverpool. Then again he will have left footed Vertonghen beside him tomorrow (hopefully)
We never went 3 at the back at Anfield even though we had Wimmer.
So, will we go 3 at the back tomorrow?

Back
Top Bottom