Christian Eriksen

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Who out of those did they receive a single transfer free for?

:levyeyes:
Don't know if they went on free transfers but:
Pedro, Xavi(probably free) and Fabregas(though he was likely sold bought back and sold again) don't remember that many others.

Monaco, Porto and Ajax also do well in bringing in cheap selling steep.
Spurs is probably the best at this in the EPL

We finished first or second in several categories last season, the anomaly being chance conversion where we were listed as 8th. My point is vindicated.
130 shots so far, (City Liverpool and Woolwich have only had more shots) and a 15.4% conversion rate.
We need to get it to about 19-20.
Yet if we have 25 shots per game, score just one and win?
I mean,Watford, Brighton, Stoke, Leicester and Chelsea, along with City and Man U, have better conversion rates than us atm .
Yet we are level on points with Man U & only City have more points than us in the league,

Didn't a Danish poster on here say how Eriksen has always said he wants to experience different leagues and that he would love to play in La Liga, Serie A etc.?

His agent has been talking up Barcelona for near on 6 months now - but I think he appreciates Spurs and admires Pochettino, so unless we treat him wrong, he'll stay.

Don't get me wrong: I think he's great ...
But...
I get similar feelings towards him as I do with Modric - I sometimes wonder what he actually does in some games. Am I wrong to think he should be more influential or am I expecting too much? Does a lot of the day to day work he does go unnoticed? Do any of you lucky enough to see him play a lot in person and see his off the ball work disagree?

As I said at the start of this post, I genuinely think he's great but would love to hear your feedback

But...
I get similar feelings towards him as I do with Modric - I sometimes wonder what he actually does in some games. Am I wrong to think he should be more influential or am I expecting too much? Does a lot of the day to day work he does go unnoticed?

Like Modric as you alluded to, if you aren't inside the stadium and study the game via full stream or at worst MOTD/Highlights you don't notice 90%, I'll stick my neck out here but Modric is the best player we've had in my lifetime. But you don't notice what he does in highlights, Eriksen is probably even more obvious in that sense.

But...
I get similar feelings towards him as I do with Modric - I sometimes wonder what he actually does in some games. Am I wrong to think he should be more influential or am I expecting too much? Does a lot of the day to day work he does go unnoticed? Do any of you lucky enough to see him play a lot in person and his off the ball work?

As I said at the start of this post, I genuinely think he's great but would love to hear your feedback

Watch him play live. His prowess on the ball is obvious, but without the ball he’s comfortably our best player. Rarely more than 10-15 yards from the ball, and always available for a pass. From a defensive point of view he’s really intelligent with closing down passing lanes and he regularly covers more ground than any of his teammates. I understand that many of our fans aren’t lucky enough to attend games, but you really need to see the whole pitch to truly appreciate what he brings to the team. Television is not (contrary to some observer’s thinking) the best way to judge a player. That’s why managers and scouts make a point of attending games.

Watch him play live. His prowess on the ball is obvious, but without the ball he’s comfortably our best player. Rarely more than 10-15 yards from the ball, and always available for a pass. From a defensive point of view he’s really intelligent with closing down passing lanes and he regularly covers more ground than any of his teammates. I understand that many of our fans aren’t lucky enough to attend games, but you really need to see the whole pitch to truly appreciate what he brings to the team. Television is not (contrary to some observer’s thinking) the best way to judge a player. That’s why managers and scouts make a point of attending games.

Passing lanes being the key thing, although he presses as people expect it's the cutting of passing lanes that isn't highlight worthy as a big tackle, but as our Poch would admit even more important. If we regain possession because an opponent can't find his pass, you may not clap Eriksen but he works his socks off regardless to do it for the teams sake.

For this reason, I'd love a wide-angle version of the TV broadcast with a fixed angle (as if you were sat in the upper tier above the centre of the touchline) that you could play on a big-arse television.

With no fucking commentary.
:pocheyes:

Then you could actually absorb the match fully and focus on whichever players you like. Never going to happen, of course...

Back
Top Bottom