Christian Eriksen

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Don't get me wrong: I think he's great ...
But...
I get similar feelings towards him as I do with Modric - I sometimes wonder what he actually does in some games. Am I wrong to think he should be more influential or am I expecting too much? Does a lot of the day to day work he does go unnoticed? Do any of you lucky enough to see him play a lot in person and see his off the ball work disagree?

As I said at the start of this post, I genuinely think he's great but would love to hear your feedback

Just so you know, what you've bought up is a very strong topic of discussion and others will see it differently. I'm bias as I played CM to no great level but appreciate a Xavi over a destroyer.

Winks is on track, although admittedly I thought Carrol was.

Do do doooooo Enfields Iniesta.

For this reason, I'd love a wide-angle version of the TV broadcast with a fixed angle (as if you were sat in the upper tier above the centre of the touchline) that you could play on a big-arse television.

With no fucking commentary.
:pocheyes:

Then you could actually absorb the match fully and focus on whichever players you like. Never going to happen, of course...

If TV rights weren't worth the billions they are, you'd already have VR startups smashing this out of the park, shame really.

Comparing Eriksen to Modric, regardless of context, is high praise.

Watching Modric when we played RM...unreal, especially the fixture in Spain.

Eriksen is fantastic.

Comparing Eriksen to Modric, regardless of context, is high praise.

Watching Modric when we played RM...unreal, especially the fixture in Spain.

Eriksen is fantastic.

He used to run MF for us when we admittedly weren't very strong at all. He's a genius. He'd be scarily good under Poch

Like Modric as you alluded to, if you aren't inside the stadium and study the game via full stream or at worst MOTD/Highlights you don't notice 90%, I'll stick my neck out here but Modric is the best player we've had in my lifetime. But you don't notice what he does in highlights, Eriksen is probably even more obvious in that sense.

Modric was my fav player in the recent era. Class at everything.

Speak to Totti Totti
He has several.

giphy.gif

Fucking hell this is a peach of a story :eriksenlol: Roughly translated from a Danish newspaper:

Sky Sports reporter reveals beautiful gesture: Eriksen surprised on his flight home

"After the 5-1 victory in Ireland, Christian Eriksen was returning to London, where he has an important London derby in the weekend. On Wednesday morning he boarded a British Airways flight - on economy - and got a reception worthy of a footballing hero.

The other passengers spontaneously applauded him as he walked down the aisle, Sky Sports-host David Jones reveals to Ekstra Bladet.

"It was a regular, quiet morning flight from Dublin to Heathrow. It was mainly business people, tourists and a football fan or two. A good mixture of Irish, English and a handful of Danes.

The flight was almost packed and I was placed in the centre of it. Suddenly I hear applause coming from the front of the plane, and I see a very shy Christian Eriksen smiling from under his cap.

He just looked like a regular guy, no flashy clothes. You almost couldn't believe that he more or less singlehandedly had secured his team a place at the World Cup the night before.

His seat was in the back, and everyone was smiling and very respectful towards him as he walked passed them.

It was a wonderful moment. Absolute respect from everybody, recognizing that he had done something very special."

:love::love::love:

Unbelievable hat-trick. I'm sure this just means I haven't watch enough football, but I really can't remember seeing such a quality hat-trick before- every goal showcased sublime striking technique, and he hit it with both feet. Can't praise Eriksen highly enough right now! Hope he's loving this moment!

For this reason, I'd love a wide-angle version of the TV broadcast with a fixed angle (as if you were sat in the upper tier above the centre of the touchline) that you could play on a big-arse television.

With no fucking commentary.
:pocheyes:

Then you could actually absorb the match fully and focus on whichever players you like. Never going to happen, of course...
Visit the states, we have that option in our broadcast. It's awesome.

Unbelievable hat-trick. I'm sure this just means I haven't watch enough football, but I really can't remember seeing such a quality hat-trick before- every goal showcased sublime striking technique, and he hit it with both feet. Can't praise Eriksen highly enough right now! Hope he's loving this moment!
You could watch every game you possibly could, & there aren’t many hat tricks of that quality. His performance was sublime & let’s not forget the level of pressure. This was a World Cup elimination play off away against a resilient & rugged team , not some half arsed friendly.
Eriksen blew them away.
Triffic player.
Triffic.
:harrylol:

What a player he is! Unbelievable that someone as good as Eriksen would maybe not have universal acceptance among Spurs fans that he is the best player we have. Shows how much we have grown as a team just 4 years after AVB/Sherwood.

In terms of best players we have, I think the order for top 5 goes: Kane/Toby/Dembele/Eriksen/Vert => Incredible that players like Lloris and Dele don't make my list for most important Spurs players!

For all the praise he has been recieving - both Dele and Eriksen were very off these past few games, but Dele did better today, while Eriksen did even worse.

Honestly, if a youth player gets a chance of 3 games and plays like this, his career is over. He has even failed to do the easy things tonight. Honestly, it is some time ago that a player has done this bad under Poch's reign. Lost out on so many occasions that I lost count. Should be benched but probably wont be.

Back
Top Bottom