Chelsea v Tottenham. 2nd leg

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

From Football365
Merse code
Midweek football means midweek Merson. Paul is here to offer his expert insight on the Carabao Cup semi-final second legs.

He forecasts yet more doom for Burton in a 4-0 defeat to Manchester City, before turning his attention to Tottenham’s game with Chelsea. He says:

‘Tactically with Chelsea, I don’t think there’s a plan. Maurizio Sarri plays the same way every week, and over the last few weeks they’ve struggled to break teams down. They’re not making 10-15 chances a game, and it’s going to be difficult. It’ll be a hard game.’

So hard that they are predicted to win 2-0. Great stuff.

Much of that is due to Tottenham’s injury crisis, of course. Merson states that ‘it’s a good time to play’ them.

‘If you could say before the game that you can pull out three players from that team, then it would be Harry Kane, Dele Alli and Heung-Min Son, along with Christian Eriksen.’

That’s four players.

From Football365
Merse code
Midweek football means midweek Merson. Paul is here to offer his expert insight on the Carabao Cup semi-final second legs.

He forecasts yet more doom for Burton in a 4-0 defeat to Manchester City, before turning his attention to Tottenham’s game with Chelsea. He says:

‘Tactically with Chelsea, I don’t think there’s a plan. Maurizio Sarri plays the same way every week, and over the last few weeks they’ve struggled to break teams down. They’re not making 10-15 chances a game, and it’s going to be difficult. It’ll be a hard game.’

Much of that is due to Tottenham’s injury crisis, of course. Merson states that ‘it’s a good time to play’ them.

‘If you could say before the game that you can pull out three players from that team, then it would be Harry Kane, Dele Alli and Heung-Min Son, along with Christian Eriksen.’

That’s four players.

He also said somewhere that he thinks we will lose in Extra Time......there isn't Extra Time

Very true to be fair.

It's coming up to 2 full years since Wanyama had a decent game for us.

We can only hope though. There was a time where King couldn't play at all and suddenly was playing every week for us. Obviously in a less demanding team but we can hope!

How long ago was it when he scored that screamer against the Dippers?

I can see it now..
Chelsea go one up in the first 15 seconds,and press us for the remainder of the game.
Then in the 18th minute of added on time,Sissoko launches a screamer in the top left hand corner of Chelsea's goal to take us into the final.

Oh Mousa Sissoko
Oh Mousa Sissoko

Not sure the responsibilities of loan deals and registration. I would guess that medical is unimportant as he gets injured he will return to parent club (that's where the responsibility lies). But it is being said that the deal is a "loan to buy" so maybe that makes this deal different, maybe the responsibility is with Chelsea??? (Also I guess a medial is to satisfy insurance more than anything??)

even if returned for medical reasons I though the loaning club still pays wages when the player is injured - in that case I would be doing a thorough medical for £200k + p/w

Hardy Irish boy...
Dxmbhm7X0AIaVVA.jpg:large

This game is massive, but it’s only the league cup some will say, it may well be, and of the 4 thropies we can win in any given season this one would be 4th on the list, but it’s a semi final and our seriously bad run in semis can not continue, we can worry about crossing the Man City bridge another day.
I don’t fancy away to Palace one bit on Sunday, we should have enough smarts about us to get that one over the line but it ain’t going to be easy, and it certainly won’t be a shock if we get edged out, all things considering, it is far from a given!
Dortmund could well become or last stand if all goes tits up in the next 4 days, and jut missing king Harry equals advantage Dortmund.
Jees, the storm is certainly blowing in our faces right now that’s for sure, and we still have to look over our shoulders for the two fuckwits Woolwich & Utd creeping up our asses...
A win tomorrow night will not only shut people up who just love to attack us but it will also take the pressure off for a few weeks, and maybe get a few lads back to fitness #COYS

This game is massive, but it’s only the league cup some will say, it may well be, and of the 4 thropies we can win in any given season this one would be 4th on the list, but it’s a semi final and our seriously bad run in semis can not continue, we can worry about crossing the Man City bridge another day.
And it's against the chavs, you just don't want to lose against that lot and certainly not in a semi-final. Realistically we can still win 2 trophies this season and the League Cup seems the most likely of the two (the other being the FA Cup obviously).

Last edited:
I don’t fancy away to Palace one bit on Sunday, we should have enough smarts about us to get that one over the line but it ain’t going to be easy, and it certainly won’t be a shock if we get edged out, all things considering, it is far from a given!
Dortmund could well become or last stand if all goes tits up in the next 4 days, and jut missing king Harry equals advantage Dortmund.
Jees, the storm is certainly blowing in our faces right now that’s for sure, and we still have to look over our shoulders for the two fuckwits Woolwich & Utd creeping up our asses...
A win tomorrow night will not only shut people up who just love to attack us but it will also take the pressure off for a few weeks, and maybe get a few lads back to fitness #COYS
I reckon this is our best chance of any silverware but yeah our record in semi-finals is wank so not expecting much.

From Football365
Merse code

That’s four players.
Merse Code:harrylol:

Back
Top Bottom