Chelsea v Tottenham. 2nd leg

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Errrr why is that good?
We have no takers

To be honest, it's probably not the bonus it would have been in most seasons where playing 30 minutes more at Stamford Bridge would have been dreaded. These days we're better away from "home" and the Stamford Bridge hoodoo is gone.

Meh, you'll suck the joy out of anything sammy. ANYTHING.

:vdvhmm:

We are going to beat this lot & beat them well. All this in fighting due to injuries and no signings will stop for an hour or so.
Then it will be back to normal cunt off levels in TFC, in the build up to the final... let’s face it though we should beat Burton.

To be honest, it's probably not the bonus it would have been in most seasons where playing 30 minutes more at Stamford Bridge would have been dreaded. These days we're better away from "home" and the Stamford Bridge hoodoo is gone.

Meh, you'll suck the joy out of anything sammy. ANYTHING.

:vdvhmm:

I see no joy in a shoot out at that shit hole mate, sorry

From Football365
Merse code
Midweek football means midweek Merson. Paul is here to offer his expert insight on the Carabao Cup semi-final second legs.

He forecasts yet more doom for Burton in a 4-0 defeat to Manchester City, before turning his attention to Tottenham’s game with Chelsea. He says:

‘Tactically with Chelsea, I don’t think there’s a plan. Maurizio Sarri plays the same way every week, and over the last few weeks they’ve struggled to break teams down. They’re not making 10-15 chances a game, and it’s going to be difficult. It’ll be a hard game.’

So hard that they are predicted to win 2-0. Great stuff.

Much of that is due to Tottenham’s injury crisis, of course. Merson states that ‘it’s a good time to play’ them.

‘If you could say before the game that you can pull out three players from that team, then it would be Harry Kane, Dele Alli and Heung-Min Son, along with Christian Eriksen.’

That’s four players.
"I don’t think there’s a plan. Maurizio Sarri plays the same way every week" ... that would be a plan then.

Just got a feeling VAR is going to do us over.

They feel this is a good time to play us due to Kane, Dele, Sonny being out.
I feel it’s a good time to play them as their manager called them all gutless coward overrated, pampered pansies, so they are in a bit of a Man Utd/mourinho kind of situation.

Can’t help thinking the ref or VAR will help them some what

I feel it’s a good time to play them as their manager called them all gutless coward overrated, pampered pansies, so they are in a bit of a Man Utd/mourinho kind of situation.

Personally after our last two refs, I’m actually ok with it being used tomorrow

And I detest VAR. Shows how shit refs are

Hardy Irish boy...
Dxmbhm7X0AIaVVA.jpg:large
If I was training with the first time this would be me
randy-snow-suit-a-christmas-story-2.jpg

If Lucas is fit I like our chances on the counter, either way I think it’ll be backs against the wall for most of it. Would love to smash and grab the cunts like they often do to us

I reckon Sarri and his comments about Hazard -- and how Hazard takes them -- probably decide it more than anything we do. Calling out your best player by a country mile in public seems a bit of a gamble.
If Hazard downs tools like he did under Jose then Chelsea are done.

Sarri has got it right though

:pochlol:

5-3-2 formation tomorrow?

Lloris
Trips - Toby - Sanchez - Jan - Rose
Winks - Dier - Eriksen
Lamela - Lucas
Looks as if Sissoko is available, which is massive for us.

[formation=352, Gazzaniga, Alderweirald, Sanchez, Vertonghen, Trippier, Sissoko, Winks, Eriksen, Rose, Lamela, Lucas][/formation]

Back
Top Bottom