Chelsea v Tottenham. 2nd leg

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

let's be honest when this applies to Wanyama it doesn't mean he's back, it means he'll play rather ponderously and a bit shit.

Very true to be fair.

It's coming up to 2 full years since Wanyama had a decent game for us.

We can only hope though. There was a time where King couldn't play at all and suddenly was playing every week for us. Obviously in a less demanding team but we can hope!

Very true to be fair.

We can only hope though. There was a time where King couldn't play at all and suddenly was playing every week for us. Obviously in a less demanding team but we can hope!

I honestly thought some of Dembeles best work was last season too, hope Vic comes back strong, although with Dier and Sissoko back and winks doing well there is less emphasis on this

Very true to be fair.

I thought he was just getting back in the saddle the last time, nothing as commanding as his first season, but he was able to go with runners, it was his ability to dribble that went completely missing.

I honestly thought some of Dembeles best work was last season too, hope Vic comes back strong

It's such a shame we barely got a seasons worth out of the Dembele/Wanyama partnership over 3 seasons.

Imagine if we had them for 3 seasons solid. Our record with them two in central midfield as a pair in the Premier League is beyond ridiculous.

Played: 22
Win: 14
Drawn: 5
Lost: 3
Scored: 47
Conceded: 19

That is their record together in the Premier League. In 3 seasons, 22 games played out of a possible 99 games. But a whopping 60% win ratio and our only losses come away at Stamford Bridge, Old Trafford and Anfield. Less than a goal conceded a game and on average 2 goals a game. For two players in central midfield who get barely any goals or assists, that's very impressive. Absolute beasts.

Last edited:
I thought he was just getting back in the saddle the last time, nothing as commanding as his first season, but he was able to go with runners, it was his ability to dribble that went completely missing.

Just checking now, I genuinely cannot remember him starting in our win away at Palace this season but he played 90 minutes - but Spurs win. Cleansheet. Wanyama starting. Starts to make sense now.

He pretty much started our last 4 games at the end of last season and I actually thought he was poor. Failed to track his man plenty of times, almost as if he was running in tar at times. Either way, I think a fit Wanyama, even to be able to have on the bench, is a great thing to have.

Sissoko being back is huge. Wonder whether he'll start as part of a 3 with Dier and Winks, or if he'll be on the bench. Maybe even Dier doesn't start.

Back
Top Bottom