Chelsea v Tottenham. 2nd leg

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Timing of our injuries sucks, especially for this game. However, if the senior players up their game and show how much they want it, we should get through. Let's hope for a bit of luck and a decent ref, that'll make a change!

Do we know who the ref is?

Anyone but Mike Dean

I just hope IF we lose (or get knocked out), those who tend to moan about the club don't aim it at our injury problems. Whilst those injury problems would hinder anyone, it's Chelsea AWAY. A place we've got 1 win in 32 games there, so 1 win in 29 years..

Lets get behind this group of special players who will give their all. We have the capability of seeing this tie out. People will step up and we'll do this lads.

COYS

I just hope IF we lose (or get knocked out), those who tend to moan about the club don't aim it at our injury problems. Whilst those injury problems would hinder anyone, it's Chelsea AWAY. A place we've got 1 win in 32 games there, so 1 win in 29 years..

Lets get behind this group of special players who will give their all. We have the capability of seeing this tie out. People will step up and we'll do this lads.

COYS

1-1

Eriksen free kick
COYS

We are going to be under the cosh you would think so for me, having Moura fit is absolutely essential.

We need to have an out ball and if he and Llorente can work in tandem that is where we can trouble them on the break.

Lets be honest in that Chelsea pushed us back when we had Kane, Son, Alli and Sissoko, so the team that plays tomorrow cannot be faulted if they are forced into a rear guard action.

Moura's pace can hurt teams and Llorente, if his primary role is hold-up, head on and disrupt can play an important role.

We have better defenders and in Winks a player at the top of his game. Dier is hopefully ready for a shift and Eriksen can maybe find the inspiration and willingness to take responsibility that has too often been missing this season, highlight here and there apart.

What might play into our hands is that Chelsea might be complacent or still irritated by their manager's weekend comments. Or maybe I am just clutching at straws.

It may just be a final place in a league cup at place but this forum and every Spurs fan would erupt with joy if we get through. Maybe at that point our manager, who for me has been a mix of agitated, content, paradox and frustrating will see the benefit of something that gets us closer to winning silverware, although an even bigger hurdle still awaits.

Last edited:
The good news is they will be desperately pushing forward but our defence is fit as a fiddle.
They may come unstuck if they underestimate our full backs as much as someone here do.

It is going to be tough. I expect it to be like the first leg, but maybe even more defensive. Thank fuck Dier is back. To be honest, I have no idea how this is going to turn out; we really don't have many attacking option.

Going to have to be a defensive master class to pull this off I’m afraid. Only positive I can think of is we don’t actually need to win this. We can battle it out for a draw and we are through. I’m just so worried going 1-0 down though as I just have no confidence we will nick a goal with the team we put out. We have lost 60+ a season worth of goals, its just ridiculous

Back
Top Bottom