Chelsea v Tottenham. 2nd leg

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

I’d go for:

Gazzaniga
Foyth Alderweireld Vertonghen
Trippier Winks Dier Davies
Lamela Lucas Eriksen

I don’t think Sanchez and Llorente did enough against Fulham to keep their places.

You are joking on Sanchez. Thought he stood up to the test.

It depends how fit Dier is but Vertonghen could play in the midfield just patrolling the back but not ideal.

A back 5 would be good but Willian and Hazard would surely exploit it.

I would play Rose on Thursday. His aggression and forward thrust might be very useful. He is also the man to carry the team in the absence of obvious others.

I think we should be able to hurt them in the air from set pieces but Eriksen has been so average in his delivery one can only hope if Lamela plays he takes the set plays.

It's not a 50:50 call but if Moura is fit and starts, his pace could be crucial.

----------------Gazza--------------
Aurier--Toby---------Jan-----Davies
-----------Dier------Winks-----
Trippier------Eriksen--------Lamela
---------------Llorente----------

No surrender. Trippier swinging in crosses for Llorente :pocheyes:

You are joking on Sanchez. Thought he stood up to the test.

He lost every race with Babel, repeatedly misread high balls and allowed Fulham chances on crosses, he wasn’t good at all. The first chance of the game came from him letting Babel shrug him off and run onto a throw in straight to our goal, Lloris thankfully stopped the shot.

He did well to not get sucked into Mitrovic’s antics but his defensive display was poor overall.

-----------------------------Gazzaniga--------------------------
Aurier---Alderweireld--Sanchez--Vertonghen---Davies
------------------------Dier----------Winks----------------------
------------------------------Eriksen------------------------------
-----------------Lamela-------------------------------------------
----------------------------------------Lucas----------------------

Bench:
Vorm
Trippier
Foyth
Rose
Skipp
Sterling
Llorente

If the starting XI can't get the job done bring Fernando on for the last 20 minutes when he'll probably be more effective than starting from the off

Dreading this game, not one to enjoy?
Whilst I get where you're coming from, personally I can't wait. We're missing a lot of firepower but we'll be well up for this. We've got a good backing with over 4k Yids who will be very vocal. If we're disciplined at the back, then we have every chance of progressing... and given the circumstances that would be amazing. Also, occasionally it's quite nice to be the underdog?

COYS!

Timing of our injuries sucks, especially for this game. However, if the senior players up their game and show how much they want it, we should get through. Let's hope for a bit of luck and a decent ref, that'll make a change!

Timing of our injuries sucks, especially for this game. However, if the senior players up their game and show how much they want it, we should get through. Let's hope for a bit of luck and a decent ref, that'll make a change!

Watford, Newcastle & Leicester our next 3 home games in the league Mrs P. The only thing that matters is we get 3 wins in those games as with the current situation with Kane & Dele the league cup, FA Cup & Champions League game against Dortmund needs to be seen as a bonus. Those games are great and all of that but fending off the threat from those placed 5th & 6th are the most important thing until certain players come back. It's a big shame & ultimately we are still fighting, it's just a bit of a kick in the teeth

Watford, Newcastle & Leicester our next 3 home games in the league Mrs P. The only thing that matters is we get 3 wins in those games as with the current situation with Kane & Dele the league cup, FA Cup & Champions League game against Dortmund needs to be seen as a bonus. Those games are great and all of that but fending off the threat from those placed 5th & 6th are the most important thing until certain players come back. It's a big shame & ultimately we are still fighting, it's just a bit of a kick in the teeth
Money is the name of the game, and staying in the champions league is where the money is. If we win domestic silverware, Levy will only hock it.

Money is the name of the game, and staying in the champions league is where the money is. If we win domestic silverware, Levy will only hock it.

Agreed, hence why the 3 league games coming up, 4 possibly with Burnley are the most important result wise.

The Dortmund game is a huge opportunity to progress but with no Dele, Kane and others should any other injuries hit us it's looking like that will be a real struggle.

If we get through to the league cup final now it's a bonus. Saying that all we need is a draw and stranger which is well within our reach

One thing that will piss me off more than anything, way more than not signing anyone, will be to sit there watching us getting battered and firing blanks, while Poch point blank refuses to bring on Sterling or Skipp.

If Llorente plays like the other day, he needs hauling after 20 minutes and he should be told that well in advance.
Same if we decide to play that silly idea he’s got into his head that Eriksen is some kind of deep lying CM.

Dier, Winks and Skipp can all play, that gives us Eriksen, Lamela, Llorente and Sterling further up.

If he uses his head, we could even play both the strikers and use to the other two out wide.

Would love to see him take some of those risks he spoke about ON the pitch.

Timmy was on Sky yesterday
(Yes I know)

But he really rates Sterling
Bags of pace and very strong but no 1st team experience

Back
Top Bottom