Brighton Vs Tottenham Globetrotters : Saturday 8th October 5:30pm

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Doom Funk

Mega-Tingz , The Piedmont , Touch Grass, ok
[FORMATION=523,Emerson Royal,Emerson Royal,Emerson Royal,Emerson Royal,Emerson Royal,Emerson Royal,Emerson Royal,Emerson Royal ,Emerson Royal,Emerson Royal,Emerson Royal,Emerson Royal,Emerson Royal][/FORMATION]

COYS

Wow. Amazing response from Conte in the post match...
"You went with three in midfield today Antonio"...
"Yes, I lika the two, but I read the comments on Fighting Cock a lot, and I realisa thata three is better so we change"

And there I was thinking we're wasting our time on here.

Congratulations on the win, we were not as good today as last week against Liverpòol, thought we might have snatched an equaliser but no. Sorry to hear about ur fitness coach i suppose that win was for him. Anyway good luck for rest of season but not against us at the Lane.

I can’t deal with the turning on Conte

He’s the best manager we could possibly have bar guardiola and Klopp, if it wasn’t for him we’d be playing conference league football this season at the most and Kane would most probably be a city or Bayern player

We’re third in the league having had a tough start, are second in the CL and have lost 2 games all season

Get a grip people

Good result

Poor performance

Major Nuno vibes

We need a proper RB asap, drop Hojberg for a ACM in Jan and Kulu back asap
I thought we looked alright tbh... Never felt properly in danger, even though Brighton had a few decent chances. Felt like we controlled the game...
Yes, a 2nd goal would've helped (Shame Sonny's was offside) but as gritty 1-0 away wins go... This was up there! .. and in SUCH difficult circumstances.

This is exactly what you wanna hear. And why we were ONLY ever gonna win this evening.
Sometimes, life is bigger than football, but sometimes, life and football intertwine, and this performance/result was the only just outcome to what must've been an awful few days for everyone at the club.

RIP Gian
Per te.

I haven't posted here since the derby, was too fucked off and would only make more of a tit of myself than usual. Think I cunted off poor old Hugo to high heaven that day.

Today was a really good win, pure grit really. Sessegnon with a deserved man of the match, Doherty with some excellent defending, Kane scores again. Son can still ping one in the top corner even if things arent going too well in his all round game. It wasn't pretty but we battled hard and got a result.

With the sudden death of a member of the coaching staff and a tricky away game after the the derby defeat and a midweek European game, today the boys showed a lot of resilience. Full credit to them.

Few points that might have gone unnoticed.

TBF IMO this game was all about mentality and showing strength of character. After losing Gian Piero the tactics and all that largely goes out of the window. Your mindset is away from the game.

A massive amount of credit should be given to the players, staff and fans. Even the Brighton fans were respectable. Moment of the game was actually seeing the emotion in Conte celebrate after the game, you could tell there's a lot going through his head. I just hope he can manage to get through the days and weeks. Having worked in that environment, you see these people more than your family often. Staying late at the training ground, travelling together to away games. He's going be like family to Conte, especially as he's known him for so long.

Second point was seeing Hugo carry his shirt to the away fans at the end of the day. After the Derby last week lots of people calling for his head. Hugo showed why he's captain in that moment today. He showed his leadership. Captaincy isn't always about shouting like a lunatic. Fair play to him for representing our club like that in a tough time like this, he was close to tears at the end. The same with Harry in the interview. Sess also looking visibly downbeat.

The fans singing Gian Piero's name. I'm looking forward to the game on Wednesday. I'm sure we'll give him a good send off at home.

Aside from that only thing I wanted to mention about the game was playing 352, allowed PEH and Bentancur to press and won the ball high up, creating dangerous situations for us to score. If we can keep that up throughout 90mins then we will look better.

Was going to voice displeasure at another timid performance but seeing Hugo walk around to the away fans with a Gian Piero shirt, almost in tears, puts it all into a bit of perspective. The emotions flying round in the dressing room today make that result pretty darn impressive.

Just having a drink with the Brighton fans whilst the crowds die down. The Amex is a nice stadium and the beer is good inside the ground. But. The location is absolutely shocking. The train strike masked what is always a god awful place to get to and away from. But it’s possibly even more friendly than Fulham as a place to come.

First half we were decent until the ref took over and manipulated the game in their favour. He was so blatantly inconsistent against us, and it stopped us building on the goal.

Second half we should have scored but lacked that polish you need to finish chances at this level. But overall a good win at a very decent team, albeit not the most entertaining match.

It clearly meant a lot to Conte and the players at the end. Nice moments with the players coming over and Hugo holding up a shirt with Gian Piero on it. Good bonding with the fans.

Third place is pretty good for a side that hadn’t clicked yet.

:contekiss: :kaneear:

Flying in from Texas for this one. Looks like it will be fun and games getting from LHR to Brighton.............. Land at 12.30pm so hoping my lift to the stadium goes without a hitch.

Last edited:
Lads from an Irishman for the last tome

Doh (dot without the T)
Her
tee
1nltry.jpg

Doctor T

Back
Top Bottom