Brighton Vs Tottenham Globetrotters : Saturday 8th October 5:30pm

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

1. Showed good character to hold out, especially the last 15 minutes when we were under the cosh a bit.
2. 3-5-2 didn't really help as much as most people hoped. We pressed a bit better the first 30 minutes, but the overall performance wasn't much different.
3. I still don't think we're playing that bad but the front 2/3 are really out of form. Kane is scoring but he can't seem to strike a ball properly anymore. Son and Arlison seem to tie themselves into knots every time they touch the ball. Midfield and CBs have been solid.
4. For Gian Piero.

He is so annoying as someone posted already he takes an eternity to just pass the ball simply to a team mate. Same with Romero. If they could just fucking pass the ball quicker. As soon as them two get the ball the oppo have all the time in the world to get into position. They completely slow the momentum.
that is the probelm with most of our players they can't see a pass, they are looking for the best pass but mostly end up giving easy pass or hitting long ball
watch Kane and old matches with eriksen they don't need to look their minds have already got the pass before they recieve the ball

. 3-5-2 didn't really help as much as most people hoped. We pressed a bit better the first 30 minutes, but the overall performance wasn't much different.
I much preferred seeing it. Wish we'd played it against the gooners. That aggressive, pressing start is what I'd like to see every game, regardless of what formation we morph into by the end.

Brighton are a really good, well-drilled side, unbeaten at home for months. Nobody waltzes up there and just nabs three points. It's a proper battle. They'll give as good as they get and it showed yesterday.

For a man grieving, Conte had his brain fully switched on yesterday and made some good tactical decisions.

Our attackers will kick into gear and terrorise plenty of teams by the time the season's done.

Brighton has been a tough out for us in recent years and a couple of years back we had an absolute nightmare down there. Take the 3 points and move on.

Reflections today based on circumstances a great result.
The formation looked good and first 30 mins up to when we scored was exactly what I’ve been saying how we should play. We can’t make intricate passing moves so play higher up with more energy winning the ball back. That way we don’t have too many passes to make to get an attempt. Thought Biss adds compusure to the CM. PEH apart from some sloppy moments played well. Bent was often caught in possession and wasn’t strong enough. Skipp should have come on for him at 60 mins to give some energy and bite in CM. Didn’t like the Biss for richo sub. We had no control of the ball in 2nd half so need to keep the 3 in CM. Richo looked lost and way off the pace when he came on. Sess and Doh played ok with Doh disappearing 2nd half which was understandable. Don’t understand why he couldn’t have put spence on and played him in front of Doh. Overall not a great performance and I fear conte will go back to 343 midweek with that donkey back in the team. We do have the potential to actually play good but for some reason we stop. Players like Biss, skipp, doh and spence need some minutes.

Good result think we played alright untill we changed back to 343.
Needs to give some rest to Pierre and Rod in midfield and use subs better.

I actually thought it a good move because it left them worried about attacking too much as we’d have 3 on the break against their 2 centre backs. We were defending well before that and Richy works hard dropping back in

I much preferred seeing it. Wish we'd played it against the gooners. That aggressive, pressing start is what I'd like to see every game, regardless of what formation we morph into by the end
For a man grieving, Conte had his brain fully switched on yesterday and made some good tactical decisions..
Don't be ridiculous - Conte never changes formations and never makes substitutions.

I know that's true, because that's what all the experts on here keep saying

Despite a lot of games where we haven't exactly set the world alight, after 9 games we're averaging 2.2 points per game, in some seasons that would be championship form.

We had a lot more control in midfield, that feeling of being overrun was less of a problem but creating chances still felt limited, the centre midfield feels like it's not there to make the chances, that's on Sess and Doherty, thought both did well in fairness yesterday but something is missing in our levels of threat. We didn't have a shot on target after the goal.

The fact is, in the 2 games since the Woolwich debacle, we haven't conceded and we still look hard to break down. But in the longer run we need to look more dangerous, this one would have felt more comfortable had Harry taken his chance when through. Might just be a question of getting the balance right in terms of 'risk v reward' in terms of throwing players in to attack.

Fact is that Brighton are a strong team, they beat us at home last season by being hard to break down and taking their chance when it came, the same could be said for us yesterday.

Wow. Amazing response from Conte in the post match...
"You went with three in midfield today Antonio"... "Yes, I lika da two, but I read the commenti on a da Fightin' a Cock a lot, an' I realisa thata tree is a betterso we change.... and'now you can all shuddup'a'you'face!"
And there I was thinking we're wasting our time on here.
FIXEDA!

If he gonna da speaka wid an Italian accent, speaka wid an Italian accennnnt!

Last edited:
Showed a lot of character and fight, no idea why our especially entitled fans are getting a bit prickly today. It's one to celebrate not fucking lament!!

You are right, so very blatantly, but what I think a lot of supporters question is the football, not from this game exclusively, but for a long, long stretch of extremely bland performances.

Thought the team neutralised the threat of Brighton very well especially second half.
Sessengon was excellent probably his best game for us, the frustrating thing is the lack of goal threat.
Only 1/2 shots on target lately and all three forwards out of form is a concern.

Hmm, first half did some ok things and got forward quite well....but messed up some simple passes. Second half I forgot he was playing.
To summarise, he's still fairly shite

Really? Second half he made 2 vital defensive interventions that saved the 3 points and attacking wise he looked a threat at least and forced them to actually defend both sides off the pitch rather then just the left

Really? Second half he made 2 vital defensive interventions that saved the 3 points and attacking wise he looked a threat at least and forced them to actually defend both sides off the pitch rather then just the left
I did say he did some things well. But he fluffed a simple pass that could have been a goal for us. Doing a few decent things is fairly par for the course of a premier League player, was he better than royal?.... Probably. But only just, he will always be a very average player

Back
Top Bottom