Brighton Vs Tottenham Globetrotters : Saturday 8th October 5:30pm

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Ok just marked you down as No.1 cunt who is happy with the way we are playing. Carry in
Think the amount of disagrees (16 and counting) you got for this...

I must admit I have virtually given up on Spurs for yet another season. Did I say season? No what I mean is for yet another ‘manager’. WE ARE SHIT. I have can’t remember the last time we were playing such abysmal football. And please don’t give me any cunting shit about league position, defensive quality or any other fucking excuses. We will be stuffed by any team with a decent midfield because all we play is defensive turgid shit. And Conte won’t change because he is an arrogant wig wearing cunt

Marks you down as No1...:)

Sacha Baron Cohen Thumbs Up GIF by Amazon Prime Video

Think the amount of disagrees (16 and counting) you got for this...

Marks you down as No1...:)
Everyone is entitled to an opinion and mine is that despite winning we played shit football. Have look on line or go down the pub I am not alone. I just don’t understand you lot being happy with the embarrassing number of shots we create. I think we have great players and I don’t think Conte is making best attack use of them

Everyone is entitled to an opinion and mine is that despite winning we played shit football. Have look on line or go down the pub I am not alone. I just don’t understand you lot being happy with the embarrassing number of shots we create. I think we have great players and I don’t think Conte is making best attack use of them

And our opinions are that your opinion is shite.

We’ve lost just two games this season - Woolwich and Sporting.

Our best ever start to a PL season apparently.

So just wind it in.

Tbf we haven’t won 6-2 this month yet

It was working last season, we scored a lot, defended a bit better, we struggle now because both Kane and Son are playing shit. No one wants them sold or makes them a scapegoat, its just a fact that they are underperforming and now Kulu is out injured. There are no reasons to panic. And there are no reasons to be very pleased, but hey, our points look really okay.

But both have been poor again. Giving away the ball constantly. Kane seems to be at 70% intensity
Agree but kane always has that pass or goal in him so he stays on the pitch. Son on the other hand is not offering much. He's still got the pace to make runs and carry the ball but distribution and final pass is so so bad... Don't know what's happened to him. He's just trying too hard. Has to stick to his instincts

Hairy’s Post Match Thoughts

1. Better to be the hammer than the nail. Tired of being the nail.

2. Our defensive posture and counterstrike strategy is working, but it’s too risky in my mind. Defense has to be flawless, and the rare attacks have to be fruitful. I’m seeing a LOT of counters fizzle out, with a poor pass or a hopeful shot.

3. Bissouma not showing me much.

4. Doc……meh

5. Sess looked bright, but give me the Croatian

Went to the game, having to drive due to the train strike. Couldn't have a beer and had to wait an hour after for the park and Ride bus, which is understandable as you can't just conjure buses up out of nowhere. Unless, of course you are some sort of Bus Conjuring Speciality Act, like 'The Amazing Bus Conjuring Man.'
But I digress, the change to three in midfield prevented us from being overrun and sitting deep, which normally sees us too deep and sacrificing territory. Very good performances by the team with a solid defensive display, still some wayward passing but much better than the last two games.
I don't think many will relish going to Brighton, who were a well drilled outfit but had an amazing reluctance to shoot.
I had a crap view, some seven rows from the front and the post and side netting at my end obscured half the goal at the far end. great send off for Gian and the Brighton fans were wonderfully respectful.
I know it's not Spurs football but I'll take the three away points.
On to Eintracht and Everton, two wins would give us a great platform and be a great statement of intent.
COYL!

Hairy’s Post Match Thoughts

1. Better to be the hammer than the nail. Tired of being the nail.

2. Our defensive posture and counterstrike strategy is working, but it’s too risky in my mind. Defense has to be flawless, and the rare attacks have to be fruitful. I’m seeing a LOT of counters fizzle out, with a poor pass or a hopeful shot.

3. Bissouma not showing me much.

4. Doc……meh

5. Sess looked bright, but give me the Croatian
Maybe an unpopular opinion but sessengon has out performed perisic imo so far

I did say he did some things well. But he fluffed a simple pass that could have been a goal for us. Doing a few decent things is fairly par for the course of a premier League player, was he better than royal?.... Probably. But only just, he will always be a very average player
It's worse than that because when a good side have a go at you (see Royale at Liverpool) Doherty is utterly useless. It's freaking weird they both are so flawed that there a liability 50% of the time. Its a scouring fail that Paratici could not find a significantly better player than either of them

It's worse than that because when a good side have a go at you (see Royale at Liverpool) Doherty is utterly useless. It's freaking weird they both are so flawed that there a liability 50% of the time. Its a scouring fail that Paratici could not find a significantly better player than either of them
They did. But for one arrogant reason or another Conte won’t trust Djed Spence

A bit of a squeaker but three excellent points. Brighton are very easy on the eye and, if they had a decent striker, would press for a European slot.
Honestly can’t say I saw how people are talking up Sess’s contribution— I thought Solly March turned him inside out a few times.

It was working last season, we scored a lot, defended a bit better, we struggle now because both Kane and Son are playing shit. No one wants them sold or makes them a scapegoat, its just a fact that they are underperforming and now Kulu is out injured. There are no reasons to panic. And there are no reasons to be very pleased, but hey, our points look really okay.
Kane has 8 goals in 9 games and is playing shit eh?
Top analysis

Back
Top Bottom