Brighton Vs Tottenham Globetrotters : Saturday 8th October 5:30pm

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

They did. But for one arrogant reason or another Conte won’t trust Djed Spence
Yeah what does he know?
Beyond seeing him at every training session and having a stacked CV of footballing success.
Hey Mr Conte, we have an internet gobshite who understands football better than you, right here on TFC. You really need to listen to him, turns out you're doing it all wrong.

For you and all the other cunts out there digging me out for not liking our current boring style of football fuck off. I want the best for Spurs and I’m 64 and was was born and brought up in N17 in Woodside gardens which some of you have probably never visited. If you are happy with the way we pass the ball endlessly and dangerously across our own penalty area then you are the fuckin Gooner!

Did you know that the rest of the Beatles thought Paul's When I'm 64 was the most boring song they released.

That's like the rest of this board thinking your When I'm 64 post above (and all the others tbf) are boring as fuck.

Admit it, you've turned into a moaning bore in your older age.

Can't wait to hear When your 65.....

Don’t mention frustration to this poster!!

CarrieFi CarrieFi

Im Okay Keeping Up With The Kardashians GIF by E!

Kane has 8 goals in 9 games and is playing shit eh?
Top analysis
Numbers aren't everything, but fair point, he's obviously perfoming better than Son. But still, amount of wasted chances, misplaced passes, lost balls, wrong decisions is unreal for him. He used to be our best player, now his performances are somewhere in the middle, while his skills are way above others. PEH has better season so far, Benta, Dier, Romero, Kulu.
And Son's at the very bottom, I'd say worse than Emerson.

Numbers aren't everything, but fair point, he's obviously perfoming better than Son. But still, amount of wasted chances, misplaced passes, lost balls, wrong decisions is unreal for him. He used to be our best player, now his performances are somewhere in the middle, while his skills are way above others. PEH has better season so far, Benta, Dier, Romero, Kulu.
Have you thought of supporting Man City, I'm sure you will be much less dissatisfied.

I don't care what anybody else thinks, we are dull and boring to watch. It's tedious and frustrating and I personally don't care about the bullshit reasons conte gives its terrible football. Levy has again pulled a masterstroke by hiring a supposedly world class manager and leaving him to take the brunt of the blame....

I don't care what anybody else thinks, we are dull and boring to watch. It's tedious and frustrating and I personally don't care about the bullshit reasons conte gives its terrible football. Levy has again pulled a masterstroke by hiring a supposedly world class manager and leaving him to take the brunt of the blame....

LeVy DuZ tAcTiX

:contesmile:

One day I'm sure Nigel will say something positive ......

No Way Commando GIF by 20th Century Fox Home Entertainment

Richy is good enough to start for us. He’s scored for Brazil time and time again. His record speaks for itself.

However, any manager will start Kane and son over him. They are world class. Don’t care what anyone says. Yes, it’s frustrating when they have a bad game, but SOME of our fanbase are so self entitled. We will miss son and Kane badly when they are truly finished / left the club.
Unless the executives, Levy, ENIC etc. have a long-term footballing plan in place - and who seriously believes that they do? - Kane and Son leaving is going to hit the club like a fucking freight train (and is likely to happen around the same time). As things have stood for the past half-decade or so, when the two of them go/retire, it'll be less than half a season before even their most ardent critics are begging for the club to bring in two players almost as good as them.

Sure, they're not at their best right now, but we saw how quickly Kane turned his dial up to 11 to ensure top 4 last season (and Son was arguably the only thing keeping the club in credit and with any kind of hope during that first chunk of the season, while Kane was recovering from his summer trauma). Even this season, a mediocre Kane has directly won 13 of Spurs' 20 points. Sans some kind of huge and unexpected foreign sugar daddy investment or another one-in-10,000 academy jackpot like Harry, Spurs will be the Kane and Son show until they leave.

Last edited:
I know it’s an old cliche , but winning games when you’re not playing particularly well is the sign of a good side . When we’ve got a fully fit squad to give Conte options , we definitely will improve our performances and have a say at the top of the league . We are going to click soon
There's wisdom in most cliches. But the retort that a team rarely wins anything by scraping through all the time is also very true (anyone got any good examples of teams that have won a major honour with a bunch of dodgy or fluky wins and 0-0 draws etc.? I seem to recall Leicester relying on scraping by a lot more than a typical PL champion, but them winning was still a great moment for the rest of the league outside of the playboy elite, so I'm not putting them down). We're seeing what this level of performance does in the CL and it's not great, so improvement and some consistency is still desperately needed.

And nobody cares what you think either.

Best PL start we've ever had btw.

But I'm sure, being the, er, top spurs fan you claim to be, that you knew that, right?

Right?

Kane (and Son to an extent) aren't getting enough opportunities so far this season. There's been multiple games where Kane's only really had one clear-cut opportunity and whether or not he buries it has determined the outcome of the match. Of course, a striker has to play his part and make himself available - which maybe Kane could do better, though I'd argue that he's making plenty of runs and signalling for passes when the ball's in the midfield - but to me that indicates problems further down the pitch.

I wrote here (https://thefightingcock.co.uk/forum/threads/harry-kane.6451/post-3585216) about how watching old matches from 2017 shows how little Kane's playstyle and level has actually changed and how it's mostly the team and their playstyle that's changed.

Last edited:
I still don't think we're playing that bad but the front 2/3 are really out of form. Kane is scoring but he can't seem to strike a ball properly anymore. Son and Arlison seem to tie themselves into knots every time they touch the ball. Midfield and CBs have been solid.
Kane's shooting in preseason was phenomenal (as was his passing and all-round play). He scored 5 goals from shots with xGs that altogether summed to about 1. And they were glorious goals using the old eye test too, especially if one includes the marginally offside, discounted 6th goal. Maybe he's feeling some pressure after missing a few shots in a competitive environment and there's a psychological aspect. He's a perfectionist and that has its drawbacks psychologically but it also makes him the kinda guy who'll be doing double finishing drills after training to try to correct every minor error. I have a feeling that it's only a matter of time before he starts painting the lines again (to borrow a tennis metaphor). Regardless, he showed in preseason that he certainly hasn't lost the ability to strike a ball like the best. His current state, like Son's, is purely temporary. Though it would no doubt help both of them in their scoring and confidence if they could get an extra shot or two per game from the supposed creative players behind them.

True we don’t create enough chances per game for som and Kane and I don’t mean shits from outside the box. I mean chances inside 6 yard box. We don’t pepper teams anymore. Basically if Kane has one good chance per game he has to finish it. Do there extra pressure I guess and they may snatch at attempts.

Back
Top Bottom