Brighton Vs Tottenham Globetrotters : Saturday 8th October 5:30pm

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

A post with some logic. I don’t disagree. Some very fickle fans around who slag our best two players off, who have won us the game.

I completely agree. They do need a rest, but with kulu and moura out, that ain’t gonna happen.
Still have one of Son/Kane, my preference is Richarlison being CF, a few games, and work around it.

Both playing most of every game will see them useless or injured, by crunch time in the season. Shame Richarlison hasn’t scored enough to warrant claim, think he would flourish a game or two as focal point like Brazil.

Good win away against a tough team. Definitely lapsed into some sloppy times where we just pinged it around and Brighton always wound up with it but overall better. Bissouma looked better in the second half I thought.

I must admit I have virtually given up on Spurs for yet another season. Did I say season? No what I mean is for yet another ‘manager’. WE ARE SHIT. I have can’t remember the last time we were playing such abysmal football. And please don’t give me any cunting shit about league position, defensive quality or any other fucking excuses. We will be stuffed by any team with a decent midfield because all we play is defensive turgid shit. And Conte won’t change because he is an arrogant wig wearing cunt
How Dare You Greta GIF

I must admit I have virtually given up on Spurs for yet another season. Did I say season? No what I mean is for yet another ‘manager’. WE ARE SHIT. I have can’t remember the last time we were playing such abysmal football. And please don’t give me any cunting shit about league position, defensive quality or any other fucking excuses. We will be stuffed by any team with a decent midfield because all we play is defensive turgid shit. And Conte won’t change because he is an arrogant wig wearing cunt
Laughable take

What a raging Hampton

Cheer up lad we won.

Few points that might have gone unnoticed.

TBF IMO this game was all about mentality and showing strength of character. After losing Gian Piero the tactics and all that largely goes out of the window. Your mindset is away from the game.

A massive amount of credit should be given to the players, staff and fans. Even the Brighton fans were respectable. Moment of the game was actually seeing the emotion in Conte celebrate after the game, you could tell there's a lot going through his head. I just hope he can manage to get through the days and weeks. Having worked in that environment, you see these people more than your family often. Staying late at the training ground, travelling together to away games. He's going be like family to Conte, especially as he's known him for so long.

Second point was seeing Hugo carry his shirt to the away fans at the end of the day. After the Derby last week lots of people calling for his head. Hugo showed why he's captain in that moment today. He showed his leadership. Captaincy isn't always about shouting like a lunatic. Fair play to him for representing our club like that in a tough time like this, he was close to tears at the end. The same with Harry in the interview. Sess also looking visibly downbeat.

The fans singing Gian Piero's name. I'm looking forward to the game on Wednesday. I'm sure we'll give him a good send off at home.

Aside from that only thing I wanted to mention about the game was playing 352, allowed PEH and Bentancur to press and won the ball high up, creating dangerous situations for us to score. If we can keep that up throughout 90mins then we will look better.

I initially felt very negative about our performance, but in the cold light of day, it was a very hard-fought 3 away points gained, from a team who know how to dictate the pace of a game by using the dark arts etc, so hats off to Conte, and the players for pulling it off. COYS!

Still have one of Son/Kane, my preference is Richarlison being CF, a few games, and work around it.

Both playing most of every game will see them useless or injured, by crunch time in the season. Shame Richarlison hasn’t scored enough to warrant claim, think he would flourish a game or two as focal point like Brazil.

Richy is good enough to start for us. He’s scored for Brazil time and time again. His record speaks for itself.

However, any manager will start Kane and son over him. They are world class. Don’t care what anyone says. Yes, it’s frustrating when they have a bad game, but SOME of our fanbase are so self entitled. We will miss son and Kane badly when they are truly finished / left the club.

Considering Brighton would have gone level with us with a win, they drew at Anfield last weekend, and, they have some really good players, it’s an outstanding win.
We are supposed to have some quality players plus the 3rd beat coach in the world. What’s your point?

Richy is good enough to start for us. He’s scored for Brazil time and time again. His record speaks for itself.

However, any manager will start Kane and son over him. They are world class. Don’t care what anyone says. Yes, it’s frustrating when they have a bad game, but SOME of our fanbase are so self entitled. We will miss son and Kane badly when they are truly finished / left the club.

You get both nearer 100% much more % of the time if rested 5-6 games across the season. IMO.

Seems soo obvious, both are either physically or emotionally fatigued, plus getting on a bit, reduce 1 game to a 30minutes cameo if needed, next 5-6games much nearer fully charged…

Thought Dier was solid too.
He is so annoying as someone posted already he takes an eternity to just pass the ball simply to a team mate. Same with Romero. If they could just fucking pass the ball quicker. As soon as them two get the ball the oppo have all the time in the world to get into position. They completely slow the momentum.

I initially felt very negative about our performance, but in the cold light of day, it was a very hard-fought 3 away points gained, from a team who know how to dictate the pace of a game by using the dark arts etc, so hats off to Conte, and the players for pulling it off. COYS!
Dark arts? We use that more than most. Every time PEH loses the ball he goes down as if his pole axed. Remember we also have richarlison.

You get both nearer 100% much more % of the time if rested 5-6 games across the season. IMO.

Seems soo obvious, both are either physically or emotionally fatigued, plus getting on a bit, reduce 1 game to a 30minutes cameo if needed, next 5-6games much nearer fully charged…
I agree with resting them but we have injuries. We can’t rest them currently. Richy and moura coming back will help.

Back
Top Bottom