Brighton at Wembley - 13th Dec.

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

I think you have to show a bit of faith in Jan, he starts with the intention that we get a couple of goals up and then sub him once we look home and dry. Brighton don't look like they have a lot of offensive threat but neither did Stoke and Foyth didn't come on, why? My thinking would be that in a game where we dominate possession and don't have to manage too many attacks, the pressure is much lower anyway.

Foyth looks like he has a lot of potential but I think he is possibly a little bit light weight physically at the moment. That's far from insurmountable but I think he is gradually getting phased in this season so that he can be used more over time.

We need to do the same as the Stoke game, no early goals conceded, get Son in dangerous positions, stretch them and find the gaps that seem to be there for their defence this season.

We need a win and a decent performance to give us a bit of momentum going in to the city match. Dier looked very good in the Stoke game and he looked solid, which is impressive when you think he's our 4th choice centre back.

Give Foyth a shot against the promoted side, protect Verts for City. Doubt that what’s Poch will do though.

Wonder how long until Lamela gets a start...getting closer every week I’d imagine.

It'll be Wimbledon. To start him in a league game might risk a recurrence of his... Cough, cough hip "injury." That occurred when he was struggling, getting out performed by other players and being subbed off. He needs an easy game for his confidence.

Hate to say this, but it's highly likely city will beat us no matter who is in the team. It makes more sense to dedicate our resources to guaranteeing an 'easy' 3 points vs Brighton than trying to scrape past them with as weak a team as possible in the hope that we can beat man city.

If we had big Vic, Sánchez and Tony we might have stood a chance. But I can't see how we're going to stop them

Hate to say this, but it's highly likely city will beat us no matter who is in the team. It makes more sense to dedicate our resources to guaranteeing an 'easy' 3 points vs Brighton than trying to scrape past them with as weak a team as possible in the hope that we can beat man city.

If we had big Vic, Sánchez and Tony we might have stood a chance. But I can't see how we're going to stop them
See, I thought they didn't look all that great earlier and relied on a couple of defensive clusterfucks by Lukaku to win.
:allitongue:

But you are right - we can't see Brighton as 3 points 'in the bag'. They've got to be earned, albeit admittedly more doable than against Man City. Two wins in a row would help lift the mood ahead of a bit of a 'free pass' against Man City where nobody will expect us to win.

But whenever that's been the case...
:adeninja:

It'll be Wimbledon. To start him in a league game might risk a recurrence of his... Cough, cough hip "injury." That occurred when he was struggling, getting out performed by other players and being subbed off. He needs an easy game for his confidence.

So Lamela took 13 months off and had two hip surgeries because of a confidence issue...you really are a mental case lol

We took Stoke seriously... I expect us to take Brighton seriously....
I just hope Man City don't take US seriously after their Title winning celebrations in the Old Trafford away dressing room!! #toosoon

I’m glad everyone has the same mindset as me. We can’t approach this game as an easy 3 points. Brighton have earned their spot in the Premier League and have got some good results so far. We need to be professional and get the job done as early in the game as possible.

I disagree. I think we will beat City. A big fuck you to the oil drenched mercenaries. I really hope we can do a number on them. We won’t catch them in the league, but to put a fucking huge dent in their juggernaut would be a lovely early Christmas present. But first off this one...3-0 to Spurs.
Then 2-1 on Saturday.
That would be just the ticket.

Interested in whether Pochettino plays same again?

I would be tempted as I see Aurier as more important for the City game and Lamela at a very long stretch if able to play 60 mins. Much as I want the cnut out, if Rose has to play it would also be in the City game that I would prefer (through clenched fist) to see him.

But first thing lets not underestimate our old left back.

But 2 good wins at home after a hard fought draw have to have given the plavers a bounce so I do expect us to prevail.

This is the kind of thinking that makes it a walk in the park for city...
A lot of teams are giving up before even playing.

Absolute state.

...would make you look like a helmet after your recent declarations.

Doesn't need Poch's selections to confirm that status.

Back
Top Bottom