Brighton at Wembley - 13th Dec.

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Be interested to know what Brighton fans make of that game. Are they happy watching such turgid, negative football in the hope of a point? Is that the beautiful game that we all fell in love with at some point?
I was sat next to a Brighton fan (nice fella), he was bored shitless, after our first goal he beat me to it by saying "at least we might have a game now". He was somewhat embarrassed, whilst he can see the reason for pragmatism, as a fan he said these games have already been written off as a non result, all he wanted was to see his side giving it a good go against a top side, it's what they have all be dreaming about for for years whilst in Championship, then they get to watch that, it's not living the dream.

What I hated last night was having to endure Spurs fans booing Winks, screaming at him to "pass forward", with every sideways and backwards pass there was genuine anger. I find this fucking astonishing and again these cunts out themselves as knowing fuck all about football. Winks didn't have a great game, in the first half he made a number of poor passes (most of them forward passes that were intercepted or just poor) BUT he was playing a far, far deeper role last night, he was the deepest lying midfielder, his role was to circulate the ball, help move it across the pitch and to draw out Brighton, he did exactly this. Looked over to the touchline after another volley of abuse from our fans following a backwards pass and Poch was going mental on the touchline, waiving his arms at Spurs fans behind him urging them to get behind him, I've never seen him do this, 5-10 mins latter he took him off probably to protect him from our own fans, WHAT ABSOLUTE FUCKING CUNTS!! When a team parks the bus the option to pass forward almost disappears, don't boo your team or players boo the team parking the bus, still fuming.

Horrible game to watch, but exactly what I was expecting, we have many more of these to come. It's not our fault, it's the oppo, time fans started to take their frustration out on the team that parks the bus rather than their own side that's trying all sorts brake down these teams.

Rose is still a long, long, long way off, not complaining as he's been out for a long time but mentioning as all I see is people wanting him to start ahead of Davies, no chance at the moment Davies is miles better. (I would like to see Aurier over Tripps mind). Another very solid game from Dier, great to see Aurier taking on the oppo, it really is a massive difference and I can now see the reasoning from Poch to play both him and Rose against side(s) we expect that will park the bus, as opposed to playing them against a rival or a side that will want to take us on. Poch mentioned that this initial spell of festive period he will get time to work on the new recruits, that bodes well for Aurier and hopefully Poch can coach the defensive side of the game, specifically selling himself short when a ball is played to his oppo, he gets rolled far to easily but it is the only problem to his game I'm guessing but think he's told to be aggressive but needs to make better decisions when to drop and when to challenge.

Great to see Lamella start, thought he was good in the first half but struggled to get on the ball in 2nd, hard to tell if this was him loosing fitness or just team dynamic as a whole. Just having him available adds to our options, be that have Dele on the bench or visa versa, when you can bring on Dembele, Dele or Davies from the bench it's all positive.

Completely deserved 3 points.

Have a feeling Kane could get a hat trick here. Looked ferocious against Stoke and finally over his injury. He knows the clock is ticking if he wants to beat Shearer's calendar record too.

But naturally, I'm not making him my fantasy team captain so as not to jinx him.

Went with Lukaku instead. Enjoy the goal drought you prick.
:dembelefingers:

Sliding back into the top four like......

TartVastFlatcoatretriever-small.gif

I bumped into a WH fan on the way home tonight.....

Me: "How'd your lot get on?"

Spammer: "0-0"

Me: "Good result"

Spammer: "Pffff... For who?"

Me "SPURS!!!!!"

:sonlol:

Meanwhile.... Fuck the performance.... 3 points and back into the top 4.

:tobyarm::tobyarm::tobyarm:

I cannot wait to quit Wembley and get back home. Getting to the place is now getting downright dangerous. It is easier for me to go to Marylebone but they run two trains an hour before the game, 10 and 40 minutes past the hour. You can imagine working out which one to get to see the Kick Off.
On Saturday they had two coaches, last night they had four. The trains look like Hillsborough, they are that dangerously overcrowded. Talking to their staff is like talking to a robot. They are fucking useless.
Watching the games is like Groundhog day, last night it was also the coldest place on the face of the Earth. I'm beginning to hate the place.
Underwent a major body search outside the Turnstile by a bloke with a metal detector, then got searched again on the other side of the same fucking turnstile. I asked idiot No 2 what he thought I could do between his mate and him, he replied, "this is what they do in the NFL.' Well, that's fucking cleared that up then.
Bought a bottle of Carlsberg and was asked if I wanted a 'Meal Deal.' A fucking meal deal at football!
Spent the game surrounded by Johnny come latelys, expecting to win every game 10 -0, who know fuck all about the game but had an opinion on everything and spent half time on the concourse facing into an Artic wind barreling through the place.
Usual stampede for the next train at Wembley Stadium, then find out that SWR trains are still fucked up. Finally get to bed frozen fucking solid, only for my wife to say accusingly in her sleep, "Have you been taking drugs?" Fucking bizarre.
Carlsberg don't do soulless Football days, but if they fucking did . . .
Fucking shambles all round. Shove it up your fucking arse!
See you next week.

About to meet the brother in law (Seagulls fan) before commencing what I now realise is near enough six hours of drinking before the game. He's 19.

What's the worst that could happen?

I was sat next to a Brighton fan (nice fella), he was bored shitless, after our first goal he beat me to it by saying "at least we might have a game now". He was somewhat embarrassed, whilst he can see the reason for pragmatism, as a fan he said these games have already been written off as a non result, all he wanted was to see his side giving it a good go against a top side, it's what they have all be dreaming about for for years whilst in Championship, then they get to watch that, it's not living the dream.

What I hated last night was having to endure Spurs fans booing Winks, screaming at him to "pass forward", with every sideways and backwards pass there was genuine anger. I find this fucking astonishing and again these cunts out themselves as knowing fuck all about football. Winks didn't have a great game, in the first half he made a number of poor passes (most of them forward passes that were intercepted or just poor) BUT he was playing a far, far deeper role last night, he was the deepest lying midfielder, his role was to circulate the ball, help move it across the pitch and to draw out Brighton, he did exactly this. Looked over to the touchline after another volley of abuse from our fans following a backwards pass and Poch was going mental on the touchline, waiving his arms at Spurs fans behind him urging them to get behind him, I've never seen him do this, 5-10 mins latter he took him off probably to protect him from our own fans, WHAT ABSOLUTE FUCKING CUNTS!! When a team parks the bus the option to pass forward almost disappears, don't boo your team or players boo the team parking the bus, still fuming.

Horrible game to watch, but exactly what I was expecting, we have many more of these to come. It's not our fault, it's the oppo, time fans started to take their frustration out on the team that parks the bus rather than their own side that's trying all sorts brake down these teams.

Rose is still a long, long, long way off, not complaining as he's been out for a long time but mentioning as all I see is people wanting him to start ahead of Davies, no chance at the moment Davies is miles better. (I would like to see Aurier over Tripps mind). Another very solid game from Dier, great to see Aurier taking on the oppo, it really is a massive difference and I can now see the reasoning from Poch to play both him and Rose against side(s) we expect that will park the bus, as opposed to playing them against a rival or a side that will want to take us on. Poch mentioned that this initial spell of festive period he will get time to work on the new recruits, that bodes well for Aurier and hopefully Poch can coach the defensive side of the game, specifically selling himself short when a ball is played to his oppo, he gets rolled far to easily but it is the only problem to his game I'm guessing but think he's told to be aggressive but needs to make better decisions when to drop and when to challenge.

Great to see Lamella start, thought he was good in the first half but struggled to get on the ball in 2nd, hard to tell if this was him loosing fitness or just team dynamic as a whole. Just having him available adds to our options, be that have Dele on the bench or visa versa, when you can bring on Dembele, Dele or Davies from the bench it's all positive.

As far as I'm concerned Winks can do no wrong. He's a yid, and he always gives 100%.

Recall Onomah and sell Sissoko at any price to anyone fool enough to buy him. He offers absolutely nothing. Whenever someone passes to him, wherever he is on the field, you wish it was someone else on the ball. That's an awful thing to say about someone in our starting XI

You my good sir, nailed it.

I really hate this complaining at your own side when the oppossition parks the buss thing. Take it out on the oppossition parking the buss rather than on our guys. booing your own players is to me just weird.

Quite simply, any cunt booing or being offensive to Harry Winks can fuck off as a Spurs fan.

If you find yourself in a position thinking you're right doing that to Winks, you aren't. You're a wankcandle.

Ive been waiting for Lamela to return so looonngg. Explain to me why is he not taking corners? Is he lost it? Is everybody just forget he is our best taker?
Also for the second goal, never imagined Son would score a goal like that. Did he and Eriksen talk about it? Or is he just tired of Eriksen setpieces never get past first person?

This whole game is painful too watch. I enjoy game against Leicester a lot more. But yeah 3 points anyday.
The entire team seems like they are already cautious for a Citys counter attack.
One thing is for sure, if Kane played like he did tonight on Sunday we stand no chance. Our defending looks shamble too. Cant believe this is the night we finally get another clean sheet.

Dele plays really well, bringing that urgency and vision into the game.
Now, which fullbacks do we play against City?

If Kane plays on Sunday we will definitely lose, seeing as we're playing Saturday.
:sneaky:

Back
Top Bottom