Brighton at Wembley - 13th Dec.

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Agreed. He wanted to be right back at it. Wanted that first goal back. It'll come
If his team mates would pick him out every noon and then he’d probably score bundles.
Kane should have passed to him for a tap in v Stoke and you lose count of how many times he’s free in the area and doesn’t get the pass.
Which was the story in his last season.

We have to hope no recurrence of injury. His fitness will improve and he will be an asset.

Ive been waiting for Lamela to return so looonngg. Explain to me why is he not taking corners? Is he lost it? Is everybody just forget he is our best taker?
Also for the second goal, never imagined Son would score a goal like that. Did he and Eriksen talk about it? Or is he just tired of Eriksen setpieces never get past first person?

This whole game is painful too watch. I enjoy game against Leicester a lot more. But yeah 3 points anyday.
The entire team seems like they are already cautious for a Citys counter attack.
One thing is for sure, if Kane played like he did tonight on Sunday we stand no chance. Our defending looks shamble too. Cant believe this is the night we finally get another clean sheet.

Dele plays really well, bringing that urgency and vision into the game.
Now, which fullbacks do we play against City?

Who is Kane playing on Sunday? :dembelefingers:

Is it not just the Sky commentary team broadcast abroad?
No
Gale has been heard commentating on Premier League games for Premier League Productions, a venture of IMG Sports Media who produce, package and broadcast the live production of games for the Premier League for international broadcasters. For the 16/17 season he is part of the commentary team[7]for Premier League games aired in the US on NBC.

But if it isn't him it is Alan Smith on sky who is worse on account of his brummie accent.

Just back. Enjoyable game of watching a team defend deep.
But at least with Rose and Aurier on the pitch we can attack down the outside.

I’m not sure on the attendance but amazed if it was above 50k. Loads of empty seats, probably should have been a game to shut the upper tier for.
But considering the kick off and shitty weather a decent number.

And despite half the crowd leaving early still ended up queuing for the train.
So looking forward to being back in Tottenham.

3 points anyway. That’s all that matters tonight.

Just got home, via liv Street for two. Sorry for leaving early, but it’s a shitter on Wembley way.

Three points will do, get me back to the lane .

Be interested to know what Brighton fans make of that game. Are they happy watching such turgid, negative football in the hope of a point? Is that the beautiful game that we all fell in love with at some point?

Apparently the BBC is saying that Aurier scoring meant that we now have had players from nine different African countries score goals in the PL, a record we now hold with Sunderland, however I can only think of eight...

Edit: just did a bit of digging...Moussa Saib actually scored in the PL...never fucking heard of him...

Last edited:
Had listen to this on the radio, sounded awful, but 3pts and back into 4th, will take it.
It was a bit like pulling teeth, but Brighton were set up to to make it that way.

If we'd have gotten the second goal earlier, we'd have the pulled them apart with ease and scored more, but instead they were sitting back even with the one-goal deficit to try their chances at grabbing a late equaliser.

Three points. No yellow for Vertonghen. No injuries. Will take it all day long.

Apparently the BBC is saying that Aurier scoring meant that we now have had players from nine different African countries score goals in the PL, a record we now hold with Sunderland, however I can only think of eight...

Algeria (Saïb)
Cameroon (Atouba, Bassong and Assou-Ekotto)
Côte d'Ivoire (Aurier)
Egypt (Ghaly and Mido)
Kenya (Wanyama)
Mali (Kanouté)
Morocco (Naybet)
South Africa (Mabizela)
Togo (Adebayor)

A couple of names you'd maybe rather not remember playing in our shirt in there!

Last edited:
Algeria (Saïb)
Cameroon (Atouba and Bassong)
Côte d'Ivoire (Aurier)
Egypt (Ghaly and Mido)
Kenya (Wanyama)
Mali (Kanouté)
Morocco (Naybet)
South Africa (Mabizela)
Togo (Adebayor)

A couple of names you'd maybe rather not remember playing in our shirt in there!
You forgot BAE...

Algeria (Saïb)
Cameroon (Atouba and Bassong)
Côte d'Ivoire (Aurier)
Egypt (Ghaly and Mido)
Kenya (Wanyama)
Mali (Kanouté)
Morocco (Naybet)
South Africa (Mabizela)
Togo (Adebayor)

Doesnt look the part and wasnt born there but Kevin Prince Boateng is Ghanaian - thats 9 nations

I bumped into a WH fan on the way home tonight.....

Me: "How'd your lot get on?"

Spammer: "0-0"

Me: "Good result"

Spammer: "Pffff... For who?"

Me "SPURS!!!!!"

:sonlol:

Meanwhile.... Fuck the performance.... 3 points and back into the top 4.

:tobyarm::tobyarm::tobyarm:

Back
Top Bottom