Brighton at Wembley - 13th Dec.

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Gatsby

95:02
After a brilliant display vs Stoke, this is a good game to follow up before facing Man City.

We come into it after a 5-1 win vs Stoke, they come in after a 2-0 away losss to Huddersfield.

- Lloris -
- Trippier - Dier - Vertonghen - Davies -
- Winks - Dele -
- Lamela - Eriksen - Son -
- Kane -​

After a brilliant display vs Stoke, this is a good game to follow up before facing Man City.

We come into it after a 5-1 win vs Stoke, they come in after a 2-0 away losss to Huddersfield.

- Lloris -
- Trippier - Dier - Vertonghen - Davies -
- Winks - Dele -
- Lamela - Eriksen - Son -
- Kane -​

I'd rotate Trippier and Davies for Rose and Aurier but agree with the rest.

We shouldn’t rest anyone for this. I think we’ll be rampant. Winning breeds confidence breeds more winning breeds success. 6-0.

All bar two "home" league games have been a massive struggle so we can't be resting or rotating anyone bar the full backs, though I tempted to go with Trippier and Davies for this one, and utilize Aurier's and Rose's pace for City, and Rose will want to try extra hard because he'll still be thinking he can get a League Winners medal when he inevetibally moves to Utd in January, so same team as today. Let's get the game won after 60 mins then bring the 2nd string players on after that.

Out: Jan, Davies, Trippier, Dembele, Dele
In: Foyth, Aurier, Rose, Sissoko, Lamela.

Rotate fullbacks. No brainer.
Dembele can’t play 3 in a week. More important he plays v City.
Jan is on 4 yellows. He cannot miss City. Benched.
Dele needs to be benched, Lamela needs a start.

Simply need Rose and Aurier against City.

Lloris
Trippier - Dier - Vertonghen - Davies
Winks - Sissoko
Lamela - Eriksen - Son
Kane
3-0
Kane x2
Son

I don't think Lamela will start, probably change at least one of the full-backs and Sissoko for Dembele.

Lloris
Aurier - Dier - Jan - Davies
Winks - Sissoko
Eriksen - Dele - Son
Kane

Subs: Vorm, Rose, Foyth, Dembele, GKN, Lamela, Llorente.

Back
Top Bottom