Brighton at Wembley - 13th Dec.

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Dull second half. but these are the type of games that you have to grind out. Not every game can be Madrid at home or Liverpool at Wembley sadly.

Be interested to know what Brighton fans make of that game. Are they happy watching such turgid, negative football in the hope of a point? Is that the beautiful game that we all fell in love with at some point?

Yet another team that turns up against us and plays 10behind the ball.
Brighton had a back line of 6 with 3 or 4 just in front of them. I’m getting sick and tired of teams playing like this.
We try to play football the way it was intended but so many teams just turn up trying to stop us playing.
Makes for a shit spectacle which isn’t down to us.

Hate to say this, but it's highly likely city will beat us no matter who is in the team. It makes more sense to dedicate our resources to guaranteeing an 'easy' 3 points vs Brighton than trying to scrape past them with as weak a team as possible in the hope that we can beat man city.

If we had big Vic, Sánchez and Tony we might have stood a chance. But I can't see how we're going to stop them

I'll have some of what you're smoking mate.

City can play a B team midweek at Swansea that still features yaya toure as a sub. We should be concentrating on the next game and the three points on offer. Not the one after it.
I don’t care what City could or couldn’t field against Swansea. It’s all about XI v XI on Saturday & I’m maintaining that on our day, we can beat them & if nothing else, show other teams that they are not infallible. If we believe we are beaten before we get the coach up to Manchester, then we are already beaten.
I agree that we should be concentrating on the next game. That’s why I said “but first off this one”

:deledoubt:

Back
Top Bottom