Brighton at Wembley - 13th Dec.

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Would go Aurier & Davies for this one and Trippier/Rose for City.

Would like to have this as the permanent rotation as I don't think Davies/Trippier are pacey enough and having them mixed with the other two compensates for this.

We need Aurier and Rose for City. Have no faith for Trippier and Davies going into that game, they will get ruined by the likes of Sane and Sterling.

I actually prefer Trippier and Davies and think they need to be played more, and rotated less. I dont think the full back rotation is helping any of the four of them. Its too full on....Id much prefer to it be every couple of weeks rather than every game.

I have no idea what Rose is offering thats superior to Davies at the moment. The only thing Ive noticed is that Davies form has suffered from the constant upheaval. Before Rose was fit, he was bombing forward and scoring goals even....he needs more stability imo

Lloris
Aurier-Dier-Jan-Davies
Sissoko-Alli
Lamela-Eriksen-Son
Kane

Usually I would play Rose here, since Davies played the last match, but we really need Rose against City to counter the pace of Sterling and Walker. Winks and Dembele to be rested for City as well.

Would go Aurier & Davies for this one and Trippier/Rose for City.

Would like to have this as the permanent rotation as I don't think Davies/Trippier are pacey enough and having them mixed with the other two compensates for this.
Totally agree! This would bring more balance!

We need Aurier and Rose for City. Have no faith for Trippier and Davies going into that game, they will get ruined by the likes of Sane and Sterling.
Because out of shape Danny Rose is going to keep up with in shape Kyle Walker.

Davies had no problems with either of those City players last time we played them, both in the league and pre-season.

Because out of shape Danny Rose is going to keep up with in shape Kyle Walker.

Davies had no problems with either of those City players last time we played them, both in the league and pre-season.
Davies is yet to play Vs City in the league and the only time he played against them in pre season he was constantly getting clowned by Sterling to a point it was painfully embarrassing to watch.

He's a decent cover, it's not his fault that he is qualitywise nowhere near Danny.

I'd rotate Trippier and Davies for Rose and Aurier but agree with the rest.
Whilst I agree that Dembele probably won't manage 3 in a week (and we definitely need him against €IT¥... I reckon if Dier steps into the middle (or Sissoko) then that means we could have Foyth & Jan at the back for the first time together... it's not TOO big a risk, but if it backfires and we don't win, that doesn't half put a downer on the lead up to the weekend.

I'd keep as many as possible in from yesterday... keep the momentum going.

Depending on whether Poch thinks Aurier has a brain fart in him and would rather not take the risk next weekend, (plus I still think Poch is also proving a point to Rose by leaving him out of the high profile games) would suggest he may rotate in midweek and play Rose/Aurier, saving Trippier & Davies next weekend.

Just my hunch... :pochunimpressed:

Lloris
Aurier. Dier Jan. Rose

Sissoko. Winks.

Eriksen Dele. Son
Kane

I would tell rose and Aurier that this is the game they need to prove that they should be starting against city, as on present form i would pick Davies over rose, tripps and Aurier is a tough one, would be good to have Aurier pace against city on the break, but equally want tripps to be putting in some crosses! All I hope from this game is Jan doesn't get a yellow, was half expecting him to get booked yesterday and serve his ban for this game, but it didn't happen so can't see Poch not playing him. When do we find out who the ref is? As I can just imagine our luck would be playing city with none of Toby, Jan or Sanchez!

Give Foyth a shot against the promoted side, protect Verts for City. Doubt that what’s Poch will do though.

Wonder how long until Lamela gets a start...getting closer every week I’d imagine.

Brighton play with Murray up top who isn’t going to run the lines but he’ll give the centre halves a good physical battle.

They have some alright players in the middle, Gross is a decent player. We need to be on it from the start. The earlier we get a goal the better. Get Son against Bruno and we should get chances.

TBH, haven't really seen much of Brighton so don't know if they are a 'park the bus' team. We should be too strong for them, but important that we start strong and don't concede before we get on the score sheet. Save The Moose for City, apart from that, same team as yesterday.

Back
Top Bottom