Brentford v Spurs Boxing Day 12:30

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

63967-d566502f-c4a7-4940-bdef-89a5d433e8dd.jpg

Look at his initials.

I've thought about this before I posted on here this evening.

Having watched Newcastle and Liverpool, after the Spurs debacle at lunchtime, I'm fucking pissed off.

I've concluded that Spurs are going nowhere with this style of play and the rotating cast of mediocrity that Levy has failed to churn for four years now.

Dier's sliced shit show today has finished me off.

He has to leave Spurs if we are serious about wanting to compete for trophies.

Liverpool do give other teams a chance and are not great defensively.

However; they have redeeming qualities, are good to watch, and get there in the end.

Newcastle are on the up with arguably a worse squad than Spurs.

I was foolishly looking forward to watching today's game.

I don't believe in this project anymore.

Conte's football and his inflexibility regarding playing three at the back has pushed me over the edge.

Spurs are just shit to watch and have no ambition to score goals in the first half of any football match ever.

Harry Kane and Son have wasted the best years of their football careers playing this turgid shite and look like they have been fucking lobotomised.

I never want Spurs to employ any cunts from Chelsea ever again.

I would never pay to watch this garbage and pity our season ticket holders and travelling support.

ENIC simply have to sort this shit out soon or clear off.

Perisic, Kane, Kulu, Lenglet the four to come from this game with some credit.

Doherty was okay I'm bits, has some nice connection with Kulusevski, but can't remember him winning a physical duel for loose ball in the first half. Away game vs Brentford you need your players winning battles consistently. Son is turning into one of the worst players in the league for not competing in these.

Perisic was desperate not to lose. If only some others had his drive.

Kane - Too sad to play after missing out on another trophy.
Romero - Can't play as he's saving himself for the Copa America
Son - Can't play as his modelling contract won't allow him to risk facial injury
Royal - After a fantastic world cup, his head is turned by offers from other clubs
Lloris - After a fight in the french camp, he's out with broken hand
Davies - On extended holiday after winning world cup

How I was feeling about watching Spurs twice a week, about 10 days ago:
Animated GIF

How I feel now about waiting another 37 days to watch Spurs, after we won our last game, Deki is back and I don’t want to do this World Cup:
The Muppets GIF

Fair result probably....

I'm still annoyed that Toney was allowed to play, he was excellent.

MotM - hard one, Perisic or Hoj probably.

Good lord Tanga was poor, I don't remember him doing anything other than foul people from behind. We looked loads more solid after Sánchez came on.

It was funny that when Bissouma (who was almost equally poor) was booked for going through the back of a Brentford player both the commentator and the on-screen graphics blamed Japhet, seeing as that was all he had done all game.

I’m not buying any of this glass half full, battling back from 2-0 down, point gained, going to take time to hit our stride after World Cup blah, blah, blah.

Newcastle and Dippers both had tricky looking away games and coasted to wins. Woolwich probably got a come from behind win incoming now too. We were utterly diabolical yet again for the first hour today and the handbrake only came off when we were 2-0 down. Even when we equalised and had all the momentum with 25 minutes to go, we couldn’t force a win.

This is a miserable team and a miserable set up.

Back
Top Bottom