Brentford v Spurs Boxing Day 12:30

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

No such thing as a "decent point" against borderline champo opposition.
Probably time you woke up and realised away to Brentford is not an easy 3 pts - they've lost there once all season and just beat City before the break.

Yes 3pts would have been good, but if you turn up and play like dogshit for 60mins you aren't going to get anything from this place. Only 90mins of top work will get you 3pts there, not easy to do.

They're mid-table by the way, not relegation fodder.

Perisic, Kane, Kulu, Lenglet the four to come from this game with some credit.

Doherty was okay in bits, has some nice connection with Kulusevski, but can't remember him winning a physical duel for loose ball in the first half. Away game vs Brentford you need your players winning battles consistently. Son is turning into one of the worst players in the league for not competing in these.

Son is a genuine issue. Might need to go with a big money replacement for him in the summer. Don't see us moving on from him though.

And it’s no use being sentimental about him either

Yes he’s been great for us but hasn’t played at all well this season apart from a brief Champo against Leicester

For me the big difference is the desire to move the ball faster and forward while our forward players come deeper for the ball - helping the mf out - so why don't we start with that plan in place????

Last edited:
Perisic, Kane, Kulu, Lenglet the four to come from this game with some credit.

Doherty was okay I'm bits, has some nice connection with Kulusevski, but can't remember him winning a physical duel for loose ball in the first half. Away game vs Brentford you need your players winning battles consistently. Son is turning into one of the worst players in the league for not competing in these.

Perisic was desperate not to lose. If only some others had his drive.

Fair result probably....

I'm still annoyed that Toney was allowed to play, he was excellent.

MotM - hard one, Perisic or Hoj probably.

Good lord Tanga was poor, I don't remember him doing anything other than foul people from behind. We looked loads more solid after Sánchez came on.

It was funny that when Bissouma (who was almost equally poor) was booked for going through the back of a Brentford player both the commentator and the on-screen graphics blamed Japhet, seeing as that was all he had done all game.

Back
Top Bottom