Brentford v Spurs Boxing Day 12:30

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Brentford have three players total going to the World Cup. We only started three players today who aren't. This will be a tough, our defence looks sub-par.

Brentford have three players total going to the World Cup. We only started three players today who aren't. This will be a tough, our defence looks sub-par.

Not sure that’s a good thing mate for Brentford. They will be incredibly rusty after having no proper competitive matches for 1 month and a half

Just starting this thread to avoid another ridiculously long thread title

rote-karte-dance.gif

As a sidenote, I think Djed Spence will do everything expected of him on the day....

I'm expecting another solid performance!

Kane, Dier and Davies will probably be flying home on 30 November, so they’ll have a nice long break before Boxing Day too.

Are we all hoping our players are knocked out early? 😂

More or less. I’m usually excited by the WC, but I really couldn’t care less about this FIFA corruptionfest that’s destroying the domestic season. I’ll watch England until they’re out then I’m done with it. I won’t bother with any other matches, even the final (unless we’re in it).

Hopeless fixture right now. Let's hope their momentum gets killed by the WC break.

That Willem Dafoe lookalike c*nt has these guys playing like the 90's Ajax team.

Must be the worlds best football manager right now. He's got a careless instagrammer like Mathias Zanka, who's been gassed for a while now, playing like Paolo Maldini against Man City.

Weird to be thinking our next game is Boxing Day.
Going to be a very long few weeks on TFC…

Yeah think I will going to be taking a little TFC sabbatical - join a new forum about training dogs, watch some non league football and I need to project manage / plan out some home improvements for the 1st quarter of next year.

Probably the best time for the World Cup actually. Can switch off from from spurs for a while!

Be January before I know it!! Then be Easter….. time always flies.

That works 2 ways though.

Players are rusty in their first game back after a break for more than a month. If our players lose before the SF, they'll be well rested while being match ready.

Are we all hoping our players are knocked out early? 😂
Absolutely. Apart from Argentina and Brazil (because Romero and Richarlison have sacrificed a lot to be there), I'm hoping every other team that has Spurs players comes dead last, be it England, France, Uruguay, S.Korea, Denmark etc.

Back
Top Bottom