Brentford v Spurs Boxing Day 12:30

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

I've thought about this before I posted on here this evening.

Having watched Newcastle and Liverpool, after the Spurs debacle at lunchtime, I'm fucking pissed off.

I've concluded that Spurs are going nowhere with this style of play and the rotating cast of mediocrity that Levy has failed to churn for four years now.

Dier's sliced shit show today has finished me off.

He has to leave Spurs if we are serious about wanting to compete for trophies.

Liverpool do give other teams a chance and are not great defensively.

However; they have redeeming qualities, are good to watch, and get there in the end.

Newcastle are on the up with arguably a worse squad than Spurs.

I was foolishly looking forward to watching today's game.

I don't believe in this project anymore.

Conte's football and his inflexibility regarding playing three at the back has pushed me over the edge.

Spurs are just shit to watch and have no ambition to score goals in the first half of any football match ever.

Harry Kane and Son have wasted the best years of their football careers playing this turgid shite and look like they have been fucking lobotomised.

I never want Spurs to employ any cunts from Chelsea ever again.

I would never pay to watch this garbage and pity our season ticket holders and travelling support.

ENIC simply have to sort this shit out soon or clear off.

Having watched Newcastle and Liverpool, after the Spurs debacle at lunchtime, I'm fucking pissed off.

I've concluded that Spurs are going nowhere with this style of play and the rotating cast of mediocrity that Levy has failed to churn for four years now.

However; they have redeeming qualities, are good to watch, and get there in the end.

Conte's football and his inflexibility regarding playing three at the back has pushed me over the edge.

Spurs are just shit to watch and have no ambition to score goals in the first half of any football match ever.

Harry Kane and Son have wasted the best years of their football careers playing this turgid shite and look like they have been fucking lobotomised.

I would never pay to watch this garbage and pity our season ticket holders and travelling support.

Yep, i sadly have to agree with this. All i want is for us to be competitive and play good football. I want to look forward to watching us, not for it to be a chore. Trophies would be nice but those 2 things are the basics. We've been terrible to watch for 4 years now bar a dozen or so games in the spring. We need more investment but we also need a plan, a bit of vision off the pich as well as on. I'm just not sure where we're going.

The last few seasons it’s been like we’ve been living in a mansion but stocked it full of cheap second hand, cum stained furniture off Gumtree.
We have sponsorship for everything, sleeve sponsor, shirt sponsor, urinal sponsor. And yet still no stadium sponsor and the team is gash, someone has got this badly wrong

Yep, i sadly have to agree with this. All i want is for us to be competitive and play good football. I want to look forward to watching us, not for it to be a chore. Trophies would be nice but those 2 things are the basics. We've been terrible to watch for 4 years now bar a dozen or so games in the spring. We need more investment but we also need a plan, a bit of vision off the pich as well as on. I'm just not sure where we're going.
It’ll be Poch next. Levy will bring him back as he knows the romance of the appointment will buy him another 18 months of mediocre bullshit.

Basic question. What’s the point of Spurs? What do ENIC want us to be?

All I'm going to say is how the fuckitty fuck is Eric brainless spud-head Dier STILL a Spurs starter in 2022.

If you arent ENIC out yet you are part of the problem and I am as tired of your excuses as I am seeing this gormless twat in a Spurs shirt and knowing the next mistake is just around the corner

It’ll be Poch next. Levy will bring him back as he knows the romance of the appointment will buy him another 18 months of mediocre bullshit.

Yes i'm sure it will be and thats half the issue, short term fan appeasing or desperation appointments to keep everyone off his back. Some work like Redknapp and Conte last season and a lot dont like Hoddle, Santini, Ramos and Mourinho. There's just a real lack of vision. Managers and signings just seem to be sticking plasters to cover up the most recent mistakes rather than anything resembling a strategy. The one time we did have that we appointed Poch in 2014.

So you didn’t see the Ivorian Posit note collapse under a little pressure which lead to that second Brentford goal which was rescued by the offsides ?? He’s pants
It’s not tough to explain. Football is tough and not many players have 10+ years at the top. He’s finished and we need to sell for whatever we can get, 15-20M

Can't argue with this, we are shit and the powers that be have created this mess.
Have to feel sorry for those fans,who, still believe, in the owners vision (lack of) with the club.
Only way we improve is with them selling up, the wave of optimism alone would see a slight improvement, even before investment was my made from people who want to see the club achieve.

its the same cunts letting us down over and over again. dier, sanchez, lloris, emerson...if its not one of these cunts letting us down in a poor result then im shocked. same old shit . today it was dier x2, if its not him its sanchez, if its not him its lloris,if its not him its emerson...its predictable shit once youve seen it so many times.

agree about conte, so called elite manager yet cant come away from 3 at the back which means we ae playing more of our weaker players than we need too, makes no fucking sense at all and you get shit football as a result. donkey dier doing that slice earlier with no one around him and under no pressure says it all, its symbolic.

i actually like the system but everyone needs to be technically competent (then again thats the case in any system at the top level!) in this 3 at the back the CB's need to be able to play crisp passes out, we only got lenglet and romero who are capable of that so that means theres always gonna be at least one donkey back there who doesn't cut the mustard, over 90 mins that ends up causing stress and is damaging to the team. momentum, rhythm and tempo all take a bashing by the donkey over 90 mins...especially when the cunts playing CCB and sees more of the ball than anyone!

Last edited:

Yes it's looking like poch will be back soon.
I don't think levy wants, a manager, who demands as much as Conte does.
In short, not interested in moving the club on as potential winners, he prefers managers like poch, who, won't demand much and will be happy with a bunch of youngsters who can be sold on for big money then start again.
Be prepared, for another 5/6 years of top 7/8 finishes, but it's ok because levy has got this.

Yes it's looking like poch will be back soon.
I don't think levy wants, a manager, who demands as much as Conte does.
In short, not interested in moving the club on as potential winners, he prefers managers like poch, who, won't demand much and will be happy with a bunch of youngsters who can be sold on for big money then start again.
Be prepared, for another 5/6 years of top 7/8 finishes, but it's ok because levy has got this.
To be honest, Poch probably would have a few demands. He’d get good (not amazing) financial backing; a new attacker, a new CB….

But it’s just all so….random. And it comes back to what ENIC want us to be. They could use Conte to fashion out an extremely dogged, effective football team. There are experienced CBs that can play his brand of football. We can get competent WBs. Won’t be pretty, but it could work.

But we’ll likely just let it drift off to a tepid, dreary parting with us in 6th and another successful manager failing with us. Again.

I know many disagree, but I sincerely don’t think ENIC have any interest in anything other that 4th spot. That’s it.

Newcastle were facing relegation and inside 6 months they were looking fierce. Why does Conte, his 15M pound salary, and his winner's profile get 2 years to do that which the relegated Englishman does in a few months? And he's ahead of us in the table...and they actually play football not defense. Oh, and didn't they beat us at ours?
They got a massive lift as a club with new endless-cash owners.

Not surprised players are performing levels above with the tacit competition of 'we can buy anyone to replace you' hanging over their heads.

Any manager coming here with Levy fannying around and some of our jelly players and janky squad, would have problems in the short term; not least Howe.

its the same cunts letting us down over and over again. dier, sanchez, lloris, emerson...if its not one of these cunts letting us down in a poor result then im shocked. same old shit . today it was dier x2, if its not him its sanchez, if its not him its lloris,if its not him its emerson...its predictable shit once youve seen it so many times.

agree about conte, so called elite manager yet cant come away from 3 at the back which means we ae playing more of our weaker players than we need too, makes no fucking sense at all and you get shit football as a result. donkey dier doing that slice earlier with no one around him and under no pressure says it all, its symbolic.

i actually like the system but everyone needs to be technically competent (then again thats the case in any system at the top level!) in this 3 at the back the CB's need to be able to play crisp passes out, we only got lenglet and romero who are capable of that so that means theres always gonna be at least one donkey back there who doesn't cut the mustard, over 90 mins that ends up causing stress and is damaging to the team. momentum, rhythm and tempo all take a bashing by the donkey over 90 mins...especially when the cunts playing CCB and sees more of the ball than anyone!
I just can't believe it has to be 3 at the back AND 3 up front, regardless of who Spurs are playing, in any set of circumstances, with or without injuries.

Bissouma is being made to look an absolute cunt by Conte's tactics. He needed some help today in the middle of the pitch but Tony preferred Tanganga and Dier's tomfoolery and leaving Bissouma completely exposed for an hour.

It makes little sense to me in any game but it's fucking nonsense against Brentford.

I could just about wear it against teams who we should give a bit of respect to but every week, against every team, is ridiculous.

15 million a year to change 3 of the back 5 and the goalkeeper while 2 of the most prolific scorers of Premier League goals are left isolated and frustrated?

I'm sick of this shit.

Back
Top Bottom