Borussia Dortmund vs Tottenham Hotspur - Westfalenstadion - 5th March 2019

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Dortmund just lost. Really out of form. No silly mistakes & we should go through fairly comfortably. Great time to play them.

Dortmund's shock defeat (even with the Bundesliga giving them an extra days rest) means they are both pout of form and in dire need of league points, how hard will they try to overturn a three nil deficit? We just need to be on our game and we've got this .....

Dortmund's shock defeat (even with the Bundesliga giving them an extra days rest) means they are both pout of form and in dire need of league points, how hard will they try to overturn a three nil deficit? We just need to be on our game and we've got this .....

Good point.

Likely they could go down to 2nd tomorrow - will they really bust a gut at home to us in the CL? or will they focus on the Bundesliga?

Good point.

Likely they could go down to 2nd tomorrow - will they really bust a gut at home to us in the CL? or will they focus on the Bundesliga?

I would think overturning a 3-0 then facing some massive European teams is far harder than hanging in there in a league 2 horse race with worst Bayern team in a while

If I was them would focus more on league

Dortmund just lost. Really out of form. No silly mistakes & we should go through fairly comfortably. Great time to play them.

Could say the same about us.

I would think overturning a 3-0 then facing some massive European teams is far harder than hanging in there in a league 2 horse race with worst Bayern team in a while

If I was them would focus more on league

You have a shit mentality. This is why we are still losers, because we believe we can focus more on something and ignore others. A winning team goes out to win every game and not sack off the cups or Wolves and Burnley (or pretty much every match for 9 months).

You have a shit mentality. This is why we are still losers, because we believe we can focus more on something and ignore others. A winning team goes out to win every game and not sack off the cups or Wolves and Burnley (or pretty much every match for 9 months).

I am just saying they have more of a chance of winning the league, I actually also believe it’s not mutually exclusive and hate those “Top 4 or FA Cup?” Threads as they make no sense at all, we have got to cup finals and finished top 4 many times

Was just saying more chance for Dortmund to win the league nothing to do with Spurs and what Poch illegedly does do deliberately lose games of football

True about our form too. That is a concern. But we couldn't be playing Dortmund at a better time. They could be in that great form they were in a while ago. We won't get many better opportunities than a 3-0 head start against an out of form team in the CL knockout stages.
But yeah, if we concede early the nerves will kick in!

Let’s hope we get our act together against Woolwich. Lose our 3rd in a row, and I’m sure Dortmund will be similarly encouraged.
For sure. If we beat Woolwich than we will be in a better frame of mind to conquer Dortmund. Lose to Woolwich & the doubts could set in for the Dortmund match. Massive 2 games which will shape our season & all of our moods for the rest of March!

Mate, you know us but yes. A goal will do it but we will need to score I feel.

A win today would send us into the game with a big boost but we are notoriously flaky for whatever reason. My view is that we have not got a captain on the pitch who demands concentration and who berates incompetence.

Pochettino really does not seem to understand that and again to me this is an obvious flaw.

I think there’s a selection problem here for Poch. I would rest one of Kane or Son, but which one?

Kane has come back from 6 weeks out and played 3 in a week.

Son has come back from Asia and not had too great of a rest.

This game is huge, but so is Southampton on the weekend, especially with Woolwich playing United.

Fuck it, let's play safe...
[formation=433, Lloris, Jennings, Ditchburn, Clemence, Robinson, McKay, Thorsdvedt, Perryman, Roberts, Mabbutt, King][/formation]

Dortmund in similar poor form to us. They have to score so will come at us early on and we’ll just have to pick them off on the counter with pace from Sonny and Moura

Dortmund in similar poor form to us. They have to score so will come at us early on and we’ll just have to pick them off on the counter with pace from Sonny and Moura

It is just important to be solid but also to score an away goal.

Keep them out for 30 mins and it really should be game over but of course this is us.

But yes, Moura or Son (probably on the bench) ahead of Kane, a back 5 (no Foyth but just because of his age) and then Eriksen, Sissoko and Winks if fit.

It's ours to lose but so was getting 3rd in the season when it was only us chasing Leicester.

Just never know with Spurs. What feels like it should be a routine passage into the quarter finals also feels like it could go tits up if Dortmund get an early goal. You can bet your mortgage that Spurs will put us through some sort of heart ache Tuesday.

Strongest team possible. No experimentation. I hope Winks and/or Dier is back (how long does tonsilitis put you out for?)

Don't go there with the mindset of protecting the lead. Try to nick a goal to put the tie beyond them.

Don't concede early or first (a problem of late).

We'll be fine.

I think there’s a selection problem here for Poch. I would rest one of Kane or Son, but which one?

Kane has come back from 6 weeks out and played 3 in a week.

Son has come back from Asia and not had too great of a rest.

This game is huge, but so is Southampton on the weekend, especially with Woolwich playing United.

I would rest both of them.

Lloris
Aurier Foyth Alderweireld Davies
Sissoko Wanyama Eriksen
Lucas Llorente Lamela

Strongest team possible. No experimentation. I hope Winks and/or Dier is back (how long does tonsilitis put you out for?)

Dier is probably a long way away from being ready to start a game like this. He's had two periods of illness with a surgery in between, he has hardly been on the training pitch for the last 3 months. His physical condition will be well below where it needs to be.

We score 1, they have to score 5. I think either Son or Kane will be on the bench. The back 3 with Jan at left back worked so well last time, but I don’t think it’ll happen again this leg.

Lloris
Aurier - Sanchez - Vertonghen - Davies
Wanyama - Sissoko - Winks
Lucas - Eriksen
Kane​

Back
Top Bottom