Borussia Dortmund vs Tottenham Hotspur - Westfalenstadion - 5th March 2019

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Don't want to put a dampner on things but they lost 2-0 away at Atletico Madrid in the group stage, but beat them 4-0 at home...how often has Atletico been turned over like that?

Last edited:
Don't want to put a dampner on things but they lost 2-0 away at Atletico Madrid in the group stage, but beat them 4-0 at home...how often has Atlletico been turned over like that?

Sure Poch will be making the point the tie ain't dead yet. However we can basically just set up to hit them on the break they have already shown there susceptible to it, and we get one they need 5

Don't want to put a dampner on things but they lost 2-0 away at Atletico Madrid in the group stage, but beat them 4-0 at home...how often has Atletico been turned over like that?

If our boys think they're home and dry already, they're in for a rude awakening. Hopefully, Poch will hammer into them the need to concentrate for the 90 minutes and stick to the game plan (Son and Lucas to hit them on the break?).

It was Simeone's biggest defeat as manager of Atletico.

Second leg won't be easy and it's likely we WILL concede - but we will get our chances and with Son in the form he's in and the likelihood that Kane will be back, one goal from us means they need 5.

We've conceded 5 goals just once under Poch. I would be fucking amazed if we threw this away.

With their recent defensive record we have to attack them. Get a goal and they have to score 5 against us. For me that's a far better plan of action than not trying to concede 3.

As my old man has always said to me, attack is the best form of defence

With their recent defensive record we have to attack them. Get a goal and they have to score 5 against us. For me that's a far better plan of action than not trying to concede 3.

As my old man has always said to me, attack is the best form of defence

Would be nice to try a get some game time for Kane so that he can add to his CL tally.

th

If we concede a 3 goal advantage with no away goal against us then I think the term “bottle” wouldn’t be at all unfair.
We will not lose this tie.
If we do, I am going into hiding for a very fucking long time
:levyeyes:

I will take your dampener and burn it with fire....

Dortmund had a deflected goal, an offside goal, a goal that came off someone’s shin and a weird pass across the area from an Atlético player to a Dortmund forward that made no sense to anyone.

FrequentMetallicLeafhopper-max-1mb.gif

While Atlético hit the woodwork twice.

In other words Dortmund used up a lot of luck that night.

And I have so much belief in this Spurs teams ability to win ugly now.

We’re not losing 4-0.

Back
Top Bottom