Audi Cup 2019

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

I'd say he's fine. Just bored shitless answering the same questions every other day about transfers and contracts despite telling Jorno's he's not going to.

He was a bit tetchy when the hack said he thought Lamela played well. Maybe Poch didn't think Lamela played well, and wants more from him. I'll always remember Poch's poker face after Lamela's Rabona goal. :pochfacepalm:

More generally I suspect he's frustrated by the nonsense of the transfer window, with agents and chairmen constantly shifting the goal posts etc. I get the sense Poch is happiest when he has "his group" and can get to work with them on the training ground. Especially his projects, such as turning Juan Foyth into the new Sergio Ramos, RB then CB, hopefully without all the Red cards.....

Whilst he probably accepts that the Lo Celso hold up is primarily due to Betis' double dealing (if the rumours are to be believed), I wonder if the deal that has really fucked him off is Argentine wonderkid Thiago Almada going to Man Shitty.

Again if the rumours are correct, we were in pole position, and I'm sure Poch would love to work with a proper, supposedly world class for his age group, Argentine wonderkid.

If we lost out, it may well have been due to how much Txixi Begiristain was willing to grease the palms of Almada's agents, but we were probably only in the mix because of Poch's Argentine connections and his conversations with the player. And it will rankle.

Queen sends subtle message for tomorrows game.........
36vn7x.jpg

He was a bit tetchy when the hack said he thought Lamela played well. Maybe Poch didn't think Lamela played well, and wants more from him. I'll always remember Poch's poker face after Lamela's Rabona goal. :pochfacepalm:

More generally I suspect he's frustrated by the nonsense of the transfer window, with agents and chairmen constantly shifting the goal posts etc. I get the sense Poch is happiest when he has "his group" and can get to work with them on the training ground. Especially his projects, such as turning Juan Foyth into the new Sergio Ramos, RB then CB, hopefully without all the Red cards.....

Whilst he probably accepts that the Lo Celso hold up is primarily due to Betis' double dealing (if the rumours are to be believed), I wonder if the deal that has really fucked him off is Argentine wonderkid Thiago Almada going to Man Shitty.

Again if the rumours are correct, we were in pole position, and I'm sure Poch would love to work with a proper, supposedly world class for his age group, Argentine wonderkid.

If we lost out, it may well have been due to how much Txixi Begiristain was willing to grease the palms of Almada's agents, but we were probably only in the mix because of Poch's Argentine connections and his conversations with the player. And it will rankle.
Imagine if we put this much effort into our jobs...

Back
Top Bottom