Audi Cup 2019

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Has Poch ever said anything relevant at a press conference ever? He is either taking the piss, clarifying his taking of the piss last time, or giving vague non answers. He clearly hates journo's and is the opposite of Kluntt who comes across as the opposite which is slimy. "So tell me Klopp, why are you so great?" "Please, call me Jurgen" *TEETHS*

It would save a whole lot of time if when we played well, he'd jump on the table and cajones gesture. And if he thought we played bad point at Jesus giving his intense stare face and screaming we played shit. Job jobbed and we might stand a chance of getting out of the stadium in time to beat Hazard to Burger King.

36113169.jpg

Mr Lurker
I don't know if you were nee 5 years ago, if so do you remember Winks playing as good as Skipp?

PS. Winks 23yo, Skipp 18yo

18 yr old Skipp bests 18 year old Winks for sure. Skipp's brilliant. I loved watching him against Juve the other day. Fearless. Future England player, no doubts. But he's not as good as Winks just yet.

I don't think Winks has looked particularly sharp as yet this pre-season but he's been such a force for us this past couple of years I know he's going to fight hard as well this season. It's in his DNA.

Perhaps the most satisfying thing in life is telling your boss to go fuck himself.

And I've savoured that exhilerating pleasure more than once. :pochohshit:

Me too

Especially clearing my desk in front of the twat!!

“You can’t do that”!

“Watch me “!

Amazing to come on a match day thread, well a competition thread but on a match day, and read post after post from fortune tellers, astrologists, and divination experts telling me what Poch really meant in his press conference ... it's a feckin' weird world we're living in

Anyway back to the game ....

Real were shit ... Hugo had one decent save to make in his 45 minutes not sure Gazza had any, Real looked slightly better against our reserves in the second half but frankly we won't have many easier 1-0's all season ... shout out for Navas without him we might have had knocked in 5 or 6

From the Spurs side nobody was bad, but then RM were so bad that's hardly surprising - Tanganga again stood out, he looks so composed, Lucas looks really sharp and fired up, Dele put in his best half for ages, Troy was again very unlucky not to score ... a good run out all around.

Have to hope that the Bayern game is a bit more competitive ...

Zidane if this level of performance keeps up won't last until Xmas ... bet Bale was laughing his socks off.

Last edited:
How did Foyth and KWP play to people who watched the game? Can we expect either of those to be our starting right back our will it be more likely Aurier is first choice when he is fit?

Foyth played the first 45 made a couple of decent blocks but it was a pretty easy run out, RM in the first half were utter shite ...

KWP had the busier game playing the second 45 in a weaker line up, probably did more defending than any other player, don't recall him getting forward much at all

Pretty hard to compare as Foyth played with Gazza, Toby, Jan and Danny ... KWP with Hugo, Tanganga, Sanchez and Georgiou against a much changed 2nd half RM line-up ........

He's just gutted his 40 million pounds only returned him 35 million euros when he exchanged it at the airport.
You'll be laughing on the other side of your face soon.*

*Never actually understood the logic behind that idiom, but you know what I mean.

I am asking, is it allowed?
Ahhh. You're saying, "If the entire South Stand were to sing a song about how pretty Troy Parrott is, people might think Spurs supporters are gay?"
Nahhhh. Nowadays, when anything goes, we could sing about how we'd like to shag him.

Oh what a night...
Troy Parrott is such a lovely sight
Having sex with him is such a delight
Twenty five times every night.

18 yr old Skipp bests 18 year old Winks for sure. Skipp's brilliant. I loved watching him against Juve the other day. Fearless. Future England player, no doubts. But he's not as good as Winks just yet.

I don't think Winks has looked particularly sharp as yet this pre-season but he's been such a force for us this past couple of years I know he's going to fight hard as well this season. It's in his DNA.
Prepare yourself for the kiss of death from me...

Like many people here, I've seen every first team game Oli Skipp has played. I cannot recall him doing one wrong thing in any game. While I accept that Winks created a similar buzz when he arrived in the first team, I can't see how Skipp is 'not as good as Winks just yet'. His control is good, his passing is good, his vision is good, his defensive play is good, his tackling is solid, etc. Up to this point the lad's done nothing but good in the team.

...now watch it all go tits up tonight.

How did Foyth and KWP play to people who watched the game? Can we expect either of those to be our starting right back our will it be more likely Aurier is first choice when he is fit?
Neither player set the world alight, but they didn't do much wrong either. Personally, I'd select Aurier in preference to either of them, as long as he promises, hand on heart, not to concede free kicks in dangerous places.

Back
Top Bottom