Aston Villa vs Tottenham Hotspur, Sat 13th May, 3pm

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Most of the players bought , shipped out or loaned he did have some involment and defo on the tactics abd style of play. Hence he cried like a baby for rwb that had his seal of approval and club purchased like Soence. Stil think that is one of the meanest things a manager has done to a new player who is young. How Soence must have thought it be great to work with a super coach like cunte only to be told he didn’t want him. This treating him worse than JR did with his half bread brother Ray Crebs in Dallas.

The problem is the highline was not that high....

The line was not held on the halfway line, it tended to retreat fast reducing the space in behind. It was well managed and made us look fucking stupid!

We don't have the players that can hit those passes because we play 3 up front playing on the shoulder, 2 midfielders who can't find space cause they are outnumbered, leaving defenders who just ain't gonna make that pass 19 out of 20 attempts.

We could look for the run from deep, but... Yup MF outnumbered again and usually sat too deep.

It's a shit tactic because it's not 20 years ago.... Teams know how to play it and we don't have the players to succeed with it.

Still we can persist with it next season, but without Kane ofcourse
What’s happened to young Alfie surely mason could give some of our academy players a few minutes? Nothing to lose and you can make 5 subs. His basically kept it the sane as the Italian fraudsters and subs are the sane players. Those saying his changed anything are kidding themselves. His only playing royal at rcb bcos that other dimwit is injured.

This time last season after half a season with Conte Spurs beat Woolwich 3-0 to get to 4th.

This season NO player looks better, and pretty much all the players look worse than 12 months ago (which has to be down to coaching) and the system Conte had them playing this season seemed to suck any confidence out of the players and enjoyment out of the fans.

This coming pre-season will be as much about rebuilding the mentality and confidence of players who stay as integrating new players who are upgrades on players who leave
Yea last he came in mid season so could t implement his real football philosophy. He then had a pre season to really get to work to get us to stink out the football. We must be one of the worst coached teams ever in the PL. only kanes goals have saved us from a relegation scrap. This after spending £100M just on rich and Porto.

The way the club is being run that is a distinct possibility.

Does anyone have our league position for the last 10 games? bet we are right down there.
EDIT : Checked it, Last 10 games we sit in 14th with 12 points. And in that run of 10 games we played; Saints, Forest, Bournemouth, Everton, Palace, Villa to give it some perspective on how fucking god awful it is.

Ofc levy is happy with that level of performance and coaching. He really must be on something if he thinks this all good, no need and rush to find permanent head coach, that JN is not good enough, that poch is not needed. That stellini was a good idea , that giving mason another stint was a good idea when there are plenty of managers out there he could have bought in for last 10 ganes with more experience maybe to even work alongside mason, that his a dick and doesn’t give a Fock about the football, that harry has basically said we need to go back to poch era styke , that deaf and blind to any of this…

So far, not even average. Was dreadful again today. I don’t know why anyone thought £40m and an entire January embarrassing chase was worth it.
Keep repeating it but we didn’t need him when a cb and creative player was let. We got harassed into buying him bcos cunte said he would throw his toys out of a 2nd pram if we didn’t get him and that he was the gane changer. Ffs his not eve. TAA levels in his passing or crossing. In fact his even worse at defending. Said it many times cunte abd Pat have screwed the club. Surely someone with an ounce of intelligence would have said why do we need another rwb when we had 3 on the books one of which he never even tried. Also knowing he wasn’t gonna stay abd looking for excuse to implode should have told him we are not paying £40M for rwb. Use your supposedly superior coaching skills and improve the ones you have. If he did t like that then he would have gone in jan which would have fine us all a favour. We may have beat SU abd AC. Should have called his bluff but I bet levy and Pat pandered to the count hoping he would stay.

Keep repeating it but we didn’t need him when a cb and creative player was let. We got harassed into buying him bcos cunte said he would throw his toys out of a 2nd pram if we didn’t get him and that he was the gane changer. Ffs his not eve. TAA levels in his passing or crossing. In fact his even worse at defending. Said it many times cunte abd Pat have screwed the club. Surely someone with an ounce of intelligence would have said why do we need another rwb when we had 3 on the books one of which he never even tried. Also knowing he wasn’t gonna stay abd looking for excuse to implode should have told him we are not paying £40M for rwb. Use your supposedly superior coaching skills and improve the ones you have. If he did t like that then he would have gone in jan which would have fine us all a favour. We may have beat SU abd AC. Should have called his bluff but I bet levy and Pat pandered to the count hoping he would stay.
Why do you believe Conte wanted Porro or had anything to do with that signing.

Why do you believe Conte wanted Porro or had anything to do with that signing.
Why else would we buy another rwb then? He didn’t want to play Soence, Doh he said was not at the level of last season acorinding to wiggy and royal was just crap. He must have wanted him and we basically tried all jan to secure the deal. Not even an option to buy but obligation. What makes you think it wasn’t him? I’m sure he said he would be a game changer or similar. If it was someone else then they surely would have thought “ hold on we have a young lad that you haven’t even tried , play him first befire we spunk £40M on another rwb”.

What did Davies do wrong? He has to stop the cross, not the cut back. Mainly on Porro I would say.
Absolutely spot on.......astounding when you consider Davies wears 33 and the guilty party wore (hmm wonder who that is) 23?

Still if it suits an agenda then so be it.....you can accept mistaken identity watching from the stands tbf but to view it on the box and still mix them up wtf? I even read some match reports from lazy journos saying much the same so maybe some posters took it as read. Sure BD does have his limitations and therefore far more capable of being accredited for his own f ups without the need for taking on the blame for others.

Whilst we're on the subject of player performance I have to say Richy (imo) today shone like the snot on a water buffalo's nose.....I'm finally getting the pigeon references which probably relate to the shape of his toes hence the reason for his loss of balance every time he moves more than 10 centimetres or so......can't get the image of Dastardly & Muttley singing "drop the pigeon" out of my mind as he was being replaced by Kulu.

:dembelelol:

MOTD absolutely ripping the arse out of our incompetence with Villa's offside trap. If it wan't Son/Richarlison looking at the line and still going too early, it was our ineptitude at playing easy balls to break it.

And I know I've said this almost every week, but if there's a worse side without the ball than us in this league, I haven't seen them.

Fucking schoolboy stuff.
Kane is the only one in the team with a functioning brain. Fucking idiots make the same mistake over and over again as if they've never received a basic education in football tactics. They just repeat whatever instructions they're given like automatons.

It's so many things, including Conte.
Totally including Conte. Having the temerity to moan about no signings yet get loads and give fuck all minutes to them. Didn’t COACH anyone expects ready made wizards. Play Royal when he was bang out of form then drop him when in form. Change Sons position so he is worthless, treat cups like shit, persist with Dier, give youth no chance, play neagative boring football, etc etc. we have a lot of other problems but Conte and his “real talk” can fuck off as a load of this was down to him. We’re in much worse shape now than when Mourinho was sacked

The offside issues.....were they down to poor discipline by our forwards or slightly late passing ? From what I saw it seemed to be the forwards. Staying onside at least might mean getting fouled by the defender and makes it a foot race or strength on the ball opportunity.

Why else would we buy another rwb then? He didn’t want to play Soence, Doh he said was not at the level of last season acorinding to wiggy and royal was just crap. He must have wanted him and we basically tried all jan to secure the deal. Not even an option to buy but obligation. What makes you think it wasn’t him? I’m sure he said he would be a game changer or similar. If it was someone else then they surely would have thought “ hold on we have a young lad that you haven’t even tried , play him first befire we spunk £40M on another rwb”.
I'm neither agreeing or disagreeing with you. I thought you may have had some insight regarding the signing.

I think Conte's fate was sealed before Porro arrived. The contract negotiations for extending Conte's time at Spurs broke down in December. I've assumed that Porro was a club signing. His old manager at Sporting is also linked as a potential new Spurs manager / head coach / patsy.

Spurs have indeed gone wing / full back crazy in recent times.

The squad is now heaving with the likes of Royal, Spence, Porro, Sessegnon, Udogie, Perisic, Reguillon and Davies.

Most of the players bought , shipped out or loaned he did have some involment and defo on the tactics abd style of play. Hence he cried like a baby for rwb that had his seal of approval and club purchased like Soence. Stil think that is one of the meanest things a manager has done to a new player who is young. How Soence must have thought it be great to work with a super coach like cunte only to be told he didn’t want him. This treating him worse than JR did with his half bread brother Ray Crebs in Dallas.
Didn’t ray crebs not have sex with lucey Ewing?

Back
Top Bottom