Aston Villa vs Tottenham Hotspur, Sat 13th May, 3pm

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

MOTD absolutely ripping the arse out of our incompetence with Villa's offside trap. If it wan't Son/Richarlison looking at the line and still going too early, it was our ineptitude at playing easy balls to break it.

And I know I've said this almost every week, but if there's a worse side without the ball than us in this league, I haven't seen them.

Fucking schoolboy stuff.

Kulusevski was dreadful I thought. Yes he got into good positions but wasted them time and time again. When he blasted over in the 93rd minute I would have liked to blast his fucking head off, the dumb bastard. This season I can see why he is no longer a Juventus player.

Sadly, still did more than Son or Richarlison though.

100 mill on Richarlison and Porro......up there with the 100 mill on Ndombele and Lo Celso

Top work lads :nunothumb:
This is the exact problem- add on the 44 million on Sanchez and the 2x25 million on Aurier and Reguilon and a host of other uninspiring purchases. And we never freshen things up by giving youth a chance, when I see how well Jack Clarke is now doing at Sunderland and how shabbily Gil has been treated…….
Purchase, planning and structure wise we are a total mess and have been for at least five years.
It is with hope rather than expectation that I wish for better times ahead.COYS.

MOTD absolutely ripping the arse out of our incompetence with Villa's offside trap. If it wan't Son/Richarlison looking at the line and still going too early, it was our ineptitude at playing easy balls to break it.

And I know I've said this almost every week, but if there's a worse side without the ball than us in this league, I haven't seen them.

Fucking schoolboy stuff.
With and without

I would not waste anymore money watching that team. Going nowhere and talking about a team that could finish 8th and out of Europe. Will always want my team to win but as for paying good money to watch that rubbish not for me anymore

Another gutless performance by a poorly coached team and players with no sense of personal responsibility.
Will not be spending in the ground next week and have scrapped the end of season jolly up weekend in Leeds.
That £300 will stay in my pocket, thank you very much Levy. Never felt so far away from my club.

Our defense is being made to look much worse than it probably is because there is no press from the midfield and attackers. Whoever we play just get to walts right up to them and have a go.

And there is no movement from the midfield and attackers when we have the ball. So all they can do is pass it sideways.
Is t that what rich fan boys keep banging on about that for £60m we got a player whose only attribute is to press?

They have to be getting it wrong.

There's no real tactical reason to have Son and Richarlison stand more or less next to each other waiting to get a ball to run on. There no width to our attack at all. Villa can just defend in the center and press.

The players claim (through Kane's recent interview) that they are playing for Ryan but they sure as fuck don't look bothered today. But we rarerly look bothered when we go away to a non glamorous team.
Didn’t porro provide any width? Not seen the gane but is t that what his supposed to be good? Forget davies on the other side. May as well play peri at least he has good technique.

If Conté had demanded Maddison then he would have been our primary target and, presumably, we would have spunked the bulk of our Jan budget on him (or another creative MFer). It appears that Conté didn’t want one. Conté said that Porro was his difference maker. I don’t know that you noticed but no top team got a huge January signing. They’re generally not available.
This is where you mention that Woolwich got Trossard and I’ll point to the underwhelming support for a move for him —- ‘no ambition’ — on this board.
Agreed cunte wanted us to buy another rwb bcos 3 wasn’t enough and one of which he treated worse than a … The cunt knew he wasn’t gonna stay and planned his exit speech already but insisted why a rwb playmaker. Something no other tean in world football relies on to be the main creativity of the team. Porro is not that great tbh abd his defending is pathetic. Could Soence have been any worse / better?

Didn’t porro provide any width? Not seen the gane but is t that what his supposed to be good? Forget davies on the other side. May as well play peri at least he has good technique.
Porro provided some width. But there was too much space between him and the striker so he was left on his own when he got the ball with little support.

In hindsight one of Son or Richy should have been closer to him, just so he had a passing outlet that wasn't a cross or passing it backwards.

Worst season since 2003/4 when we sacked Hoddle after about 6 games and installed Pleat as an interim for 8 months. We are just a really boring, average to poor side with no identity or plan. Leaders lead and ours are weak and dithering. There is not one positive to take from this season, no youngsters bloodied, no real hope for next season.
Should have give. Glenn and pleat the turns fit last 10 faves with mason as assistant.

Back
Top Bottom