Aston Villa vs Tottenham Hotspur, Sat 13th May, 3pm

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Villa defended with a high line. The plan was OK, the execution ... not so much.
The problem is the highline was not that high....

The line was not held on the halfway line, it tended to retreat fast reducing the space in behind. It was well managed and made us look fucking stupid!

We don't have the players that can hit those passes because we play 3 up front playing on the shoulder, 2 midfielders who can't find space cause they are outnumbered, leaving defenders who just ain't gonna make that pass 19 out of 20 attempts.

We could look for the run from deep, but... Yup MF outnumbered again and usually sat too deep.

It's a shit tactic because it's not 20 years ago.... Teams know how to play it and we don't have the players to succeed with it.

Still we can persist with it next season, but without Kane ofcourse

The problem is the highline was not that high....

The line was not held on the halfway line, it tended to retreat fast reducing the space in behind. It was well managed and made us look fucking stupid!

We don't have the players that can hit those passes because we play 3 up front playing on the shoulder, 2 midfielders who can't find space cause they are outnumbered, leaving defenders who just ain't gonna make that pass 19 out of 20 attempts.

We could look for the run from deep, but... Yup MF outnumbered again and usually sat too deep.

It's a shit tactic because it's not 20 years ago.... Teams know how to play it and we don't have the players to succeed with it.

Still we can persist with it next season, but without Kane ofcourse

I thought it was pretty smart from Emery, the high line negated our attacking influence as the only player who can pick out a pass with any precision is Kane but he stuck McGinn on him so we had nothing going forward.

Didnt get to see the game but I've just watched the highlights and from the bit they show PEH and Skipp may as well not have been on the pitch, either the ball was taken from them or they misplaced the pass. Is this a general idea of what went on?

I’m actually worried about next season and us fighting for relegation. When Kane fucks off we’ll have no hope for goals and we all know how trash our defense is. We’re gonna fall so far in such little time.
More hyperbolic hysteria.
If you actually think we’re going to finish lower than Sheffield United and Luton Town(?) as well as whoever escapes from Leeds/ Everton/ Forest then you should give your head a wobble.

Didnt get to see the game but I've just watched the highlights and from the bit they show PEH and Skipp may as well not have been on the pitch, either the ball was taken from them or they misplaced the pass. Is this a general idea of what went on?
Yh it was a dreadful midfield showing and both didn't have anything to offer. Bissouma was far better when he came on

I did the right thing didn't watch the math, can't remember any other time being so disinterested, it's worrying for all of us Spurs fans, where is the club heading?!

We need big changes but won't happen any time soon.

She is a lot better than some of the shit men though (she was shit) they should just stop putting on shit commentators
maybe the many ex pros in the lower leagues deserve the media investment rather than her, that’s the surprising thing someone is training her to be there.

Better in the 2nd half, when Bissouma and Kulusevski came on, but we were complete dogshit before that.
Kulusevski was dreadful I thought. Yes he got into good positions but wasted them time and time again. When he blasted over in the 93rd minute I would have liked to blast his fucking head off, the dumb bastard. This season I can see why he is no longer a Juventus player.

Is that the same conte that left when we were still in the top 4? Don’t get me wrong I wasn’t his biggest fan , however the players are at fault - we have to many perennial losers in the squad , from the board down the mentality is all wrong and until something drastic changes today is about our level

This time last season after half a season with Conte Spurs beat Woolwich 3-0 to get to 4th.

This season NO player looks better, and pretty much all the players look worse than 12 months ago (which has to be down to coaching) and the system Conte had them playing this season seemed to suck any confidence out of the players and enjoyment out of the fans.

This coming pre-season will be as much about rebuilding the mentality and confidence of players who stay as integrating new players who are upgrades on players who leave

Back
Top Bottom