Aston Villa vs Tottenham Hotspur, Sat 13th May, 3pm

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Now hear me out before calling me crazy however I reckon a couple of smart signings and a little bit more luck next season and we should have enough to stay up! :contefists:

Fan apathy. Directionless board. Star player running down his contract.

Read up on the 74-75 and 75-76 season. Same sort of stuff and then got relegated in 77.

Hate to say it but getting worried. No dof, no coach, no plan.

She was absolutely appalling today. Cliché ridden drivel. How do they employ these jokers ? Is the talent pool of ex pros from Championship and below that bad that we have this shit ?
Apparently using a woman commentator for a men's football match solely for the 'diversity quota' is more important than merit and ability

This season is almost over (thankfully) and I can’t think of a match where we actually looked like a cohesive unit.

Every match we look like it’s the first time these players have played together.
That run of games where we beat West Ham, Chelsea and City I was very optimistic for the season. Fell off a cliff after that.

Worst season since 2003/4 when we sacked Hoddle after about 6 games and installed Pleat as an interim for 8 months. We are just a really boring, average to poor side with no identity or plan. Leaders lead and ours are weak and dithering. There is not one positive to take from this season, no youngsters bloodied, no real hope for next season.

Rodgers has his work cut out.

Where are the Romero fan club this afternoon?

Finally getting the memo?
Agreed that it was a dumb freekick to give away. Rubbish from the goalkeeper though. He had a shit game. Not that it makes the likes of Dier, Davies etc acceptable options, they are much much worse.

The only defender who has been faultless in the past 4 months has been Emerson, which was unthinkable at the start of the season.

Apparently using a woman commentator for a men's football match solely for the 'diversity quota' is more important than merit and ability
There are thousands of guys who have played in Championship and below for their whole careers but whom would never be given an opportunity to comment on a Premiership game.

With respect to the woman who was commenting today. I have no clue who she was, and don’t see how her opinions are anymore valuable due to her status as a woman’s player than a Championship level ex
Pro would be. And to top it all off, she was dreadful.

Back
Top Bottom