Aston Villa vs Tottenham Hotspur, Sat 13th May, 3pm

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

The problem is the highline was not that high....

The line was not held on the halfway line, it tended to retreat fast reducing the space in behind. It was well managed and made us look fucking stupid!

We don't have the players that can hit those passes because we play 3 up front playing on the shoulder, 2 midfielders who can't find space cause they are outnumbered, leaving defenders who just ain't gonna make that pass 19 out of 20 attempts.

We could look for the run from deep, but... Yup MF outnumbered again and usually sat too deep.

It's a shit tactic because it's not 20 years ago.... Teams know how to play it and we don't have the players to succeed with it.

Still we can persist with it next season, but without Kane ofcourse

I suspected Emery would have a decent plan.

How can our defense be so bad after 4 years of defensive managers
Because we can't attack or keep the ball properly. So just under pressure. Midfield chase shadows, our press is so disjointed and pathetic. When we do get the ball, it just goes backwards and invites pressure. We have so few players that are technically gifted.

best form of defence is attack. The day Jose walked in. it fucked all the good work Poch had done

Injuries haven't helped. But still

He had nothing to do with Dier and Sanchez still being at the club

Yep, nothing at all 🤡

Is that the same conte that left when we were still in the top 4? Don’t get me wrong I wasn’t his biggest fan , however the players are at fault - we have to many perennial losers in the squad , from the board down the mentality is all wrong and until something drastic changes today is about our level

And we’ve had a lot of them since Poch ffs still stinking the place out

Ndombelly Lo Celso and Winks back for next season!

:nunothumb:

just watched the short highlights of all goals
i feel the second goal poor from gk , but i havent seen the game so i cant say if he had a good or bad game
but female commentary on this 11 mins highlights was poor and very weird

The problem is the highline was not that high....

The line was not held on the halfway line, it tended to retreat fast reducing the space in behind. It was well managed and made us look fucking stupid!

We don't have the players that can hit those passes because we play 3 up front playing on the shoulder, 2 midfielders who can't find space cause they are outnumbered, leaving defenders who just ain't gonna make that pass 19 out of 20 attempts.

We could look for the run from deep, but... Yup MF outnumbered again and usually sat too deep.

It's a shit tactic because it's not 20 years ago.... Teams know how to play it and we don't have the players to succeed with it.

Still we can persist with it next season, but without Kane ofcourse

Yes their back line wasn’t that high but it was well drilled and straight and we couldn’t cope with it!

Whenever Kane or Son did break it and we’re through on goal with just the keeper to beat they missed!

Sinking Ship GIF

Can't even blame Eric Diabolical for this shambles....
:pochunimpressed:

React Wtf GIF by Celebrity Apprentice Australia

Emery has done super well. He is a very decent manager.
Let's be honest we are rather in disoray at the moment.
They may sneak above us this season?
Get the the right man in the summer & I have no doubt we can restore normal service & be back above them.

unless we get relegated in the next season, it can't be much worst. see the bright side
The way the club is being run that is a distinct possibility.

Does anyone have our league position for the last 10 games? bet we are right down there.
EDIT : Checked it, Last 10 games we sit in 14th with 12 points. And in that run of 10 games we played; Saints, Forest, Bournemouth, Everton, Palace, Villa to give it some perspective on how fucking god awful it is.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom