are you going to wembley

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

are you going to wembley

• yes

Votes: 124 75.2%
  • no

Votes: 41 24.8%

• Total voters
Just wanted to post a a few words about Wembley. Of course i miss Tottenham and can't wait to get back but in years to come I'll think we will grateful for the Wembley experience.

I went tonight to the Newport game and all my regular season ticket holders who sit around me gave it a miss. A freezing cold Wednesday night sandwiched between man u, Woolwich with juventus on the horizon who could blame them. The ground was half full... but and its a big but the ground was full of young kids and families who couldn't normally attend the old white Hart Lane.

I am of the generation that could turn up as a kid and watch the spurs. I have been acutely aware that the old white Hart Lane was growing old with me. Much like I was the last generation who could buy a house in London. I was aware that our generation was pulling up the access to spurs behind them.

Now though Wembley has thrown open the ability to see spurs. On the big occasions when it's full it positively pulsating. So many more spus fans are getting to see their heroes in the flesh and i think this will invigorate our support in years to come.

The new white hart Lane can't come to soon but we should be very grateful for our wembley sojourn

This is just a thread for those going to show off in front of those who sadly can't make it , shameful behaviour

I am going btw :allitongue:

I had a great fucking evening. Tottenham here tottenham there.... Pub/Club on Empire way packed with YIds at 11pm
Got back about 11.35. Took 35 mins from Empire Way once I got picked up.
We should have taken out chances, like they did. Kane missed a sitter and should have scored 2 at my end. There were two great chances at the start down the other end.
Dele had an amazing goal bound shot saved wonderfully.
What was with the yellow card in the area and no foul? We we all sure he pointed to the spot.
We played well part form a couple of lapses in defence. Then usually 2 lapses in defending don't end up with 2 goals.
We outplayed them, but needed to be more clinical, like they did . Simple. Luck also plays a part I suppose.
We missed Rose. Eriksen was poor. Walker cunted him after the 2nd. Moose locked it up 2nd half and Dele had a great game. Kane missed some glorious opportunities. Are his missus's hormones kicking in?
Fuck all the bollocks about iconic stadium inspiring other teams. What about when teams go the the Nou camp or Bernabeau does it inspire them?
Bigger pitch, well what about Man City. Woolwich Man U southampton away?
The atmosphere was fucking great, it was an amazing evening.
We should of and could have won the game. Maybe deserved a draw.
We never got outplayed and the fans were fucking great. No one was fighting each other and kids were standing on their seats. We stood all game. It didn't empty out 20 mins from the end either.

It's football. I still got home buzzing.
Edit: Oh and I forgot to say, bumped into the king on the way out main entrance.
Shame we didn't win. I could have come home and fucked the missus!

Last edited:
Infested with dirty thieving cunts. Used to work around the corner, every single occasion of being there one of my party had at least a wallet stolen. Avoid like the plague.

Sounds like that area could do with some sort of detective.

Poch is bang on that the stadium is a 'nice excuse' - I note that the people talking about it being an issue are the usual bottle job ex England players.

It's where our cup finals are played FFS, only we get to play there with 95% of the crowd supporting our team......would any of these players seriously say that Spurs are disadvantaged because the ground isn't WHL if we were there in an FA cup final?......no. it's a load of bollocks and an easy excuse for weak willed players.

Just got back. Despite the result, I'm so proud to say that I WAS THERE on the night that Spurs finally showed the world what we are. And ignore the cunts who say the atmosphere was lacking or it didn't feel like home. If we'd won the game we would all be saying how fantastic everything was. For me, queuing an hour to get back up wembley way to the tube was part of the occasion. Bring on the next wembley game. It already feels like home to me.

Back to Wembley a short 43 years after I saw Ralph Coates score the only goal in the League Cup Final - where does it go eh? Three hour drive and in 'Wembley Blue Parking', wherever that is, but I can't get home on the trains. 3-1 Spurs TTID

Nerves are starting to kick in

I've decided to not even think about this match until 3pm.

It's going great so far.

giphy.gif

Poch is bang on that the stadium is a 'nice excuse' - I note that the people talking about it being an issue are the usual bottle job ex England players.

It's where our cup finals are played FFS, only we get to play there with 95% of the crowd supporting our team......would any of these players seriously say that Spurs are disadvantaged because the ground isn't WHL if we were there in an FA cup final?......no. it's a load of bollocks and an easy excuse for weak willed players.

Exactly, we made two mistakes, they were clinical and we missed a hatful of chances. You'd lose at WHL doing that and we have done many times.

Last season doninating games but failing to take chances cost us well arguably the title, we controlled probably 80% of games last season but didn't win 80%.

Boss wouldn't let me have half a day off, so I'll be stopping at the offie on the way home to grab a couple beers and watch from the comfort of my own couch.

Have already booked the next two home games off, however, so the boss can go fuck himself.

COYS!

behind the goal is not really my thing, the view ain't good enough. My ideal spot at WHL is low down on the shelf side, close in on the action but with a more rounded view of the game.

Getting sick of away fans queuing toget in Wembley for CL (Inter tonight, they stand out a mile)

Would help if our own fans turned up to back the side. STHs and members alone would easily fill Wembley. But then we have a lot of precious plastics like every other club. I know that it’s frustrating not to be back at WHL but this team deserves a better backing. Fuck Inter anyway. If I see any near me they’ll get a very English ‘thoroughly disapproving’ glare. That’ll learn ‘em.

Back
Top Bottom